Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Agonising transfer muppet
3,306 Posts
If there's a makeshift winger put in and Zaha doesn't play, he's done here.

-----------------------De Gea--------------------------
Fabio -------- Smalling -- Vidic --------------Evra
-----------------Carrick --- Fletcher ----------------
Zaha ---------------- Januzaj -----------------Young
------------------------Rooney-------------------------
I'd probably put Welbeck in for Zaha tbh and move Young to the right.

·
3,306 Posts
Or Rooney behind Welbeck and Januzaj on the left. Wilfried would do fine.
I really dont think he would be. Moyes is determined to throw youth in and play British players yet Zaha doesn't get a game despite our dire wing play. He's looked lost every time he play, even only for 10 minutes here and there. PL defenders don't fall for the circus tricks like Championship defenders do and he seems to struggle beating a man when he plays, which is what his whole game is based around.

·
3,306 Posts
On the contrary I think if Wilf was allowed to play, he would BE more confident - plus his unpredictability would cause lots of problems to a team that is not too far off Championship level.
Maybe, maybe not. It's just a gut feeling watching him play. He's also not a Moyes type winger than links up with a fullback to make space, he's an anti Moyes winger really when you think about it.

·
3,306 Posts
It's not the most solid line up, but there are plenty of ballers in there. We could either concede a lot of goals, or we'll totally dominate the game. I see this being one extreme or another.

·
3,306 Posts
The Giggs Kagawa combination could be devestating and we could bulldoze them like Leverkusen. Or Norwich could round rings around them and walk through our defense. This is going to be interesting.

·
3,306 Posts
He's injured and will never return and wants to leave, fake injury. That's what @prodigal7 would've said I guess.
It's possible.... I didn't say that's what I think though in this case.
Look what Chelsea have done to Mata, Pool to Agger. It's what the larger clubs (and Liverpool) do to players that are uncertain about their future.

·
3,306 Posts
That is still no reason not to play him.
It may be to do with his accumulation of yellow cards my computer is having a funny, or I would look it up.
I hope not, as trying to box clever about such things and 'saving them for the important games' rarely works out.
I'm not saying that's the reason but it's something to look out for.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.