Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
We had it easy for so long against Spurs that I guess we were due this. We were undone on the counter by a jammy Spurs team and a ref who was so anti United that it was hilarious. Our fullbacks were poor, we have no creativity in midfield.We miss the threat that a lethal finisher gives a team.We need a leader, a boss in the middle of the park something we have not had since Keane left.
Spurs are a no mark side, we just didn't realise it and act accordingly.Time to dust off that chequebook Ed....

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Whoa, hold your horses there, Mikey.

I was replying to RVPRED, who stated why are we blaming Moyes?

I got kicked off redcafe a couple of years ago, for supposedly repetition, and stating then that Uniteds midfield was getting poor, under SAF, and by winning the league last year, papered over the cracks. Had SAF stayed on, I am almost sure he would have addressed midfield.

Moyes was quoted upon joining United that the midfield needed strengthening, then whether his fault or not, ended up doing nothing about it, causing him to have to go with the identical personnel under SAF. Apart from getting rid of the staff who knew how to get the best from the players, so my comment was merely answering why blame Moyes.
You are ' almost sure? WTF? Fergie ignored midfield for years, no value in the market etc etc.Nobody bought to replace Keane or Scholes.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Just watched MOTD and have to say the view I had at the game about Webb was confirmed.Two shocking decisions from the supposed best ref in the league , first not to award a pen to us after Lloris took Young out 2 nd to book Januzaj after he was barged down by Rose.
Even Robbie Fowler said Webb was wrong. It's almost as if Webb has heard all the ' agent Webb ' jokes and is determined to prove them wrong.
I have seen pens given for less than Chiricles tackle on Welbeck too.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'm on the fence about the penalties tbh, but what I don't like is Moyes's reaction about not getting the calls. these things have a way of evening themselves out over time, the non calls did not lose us the game, our own inability to score and defend 2 easy attacks, was what cost us. We are MUFC and should not have to rely on refeering decisions to win us games. Moyes came across as a whinger in post match interview.
Normally I hate to moan about the ref but the fact is that the foul on Young was blatant and not a tough decision.Everyone is entitled to fair play.I am also concerned about Januzaj, are refs going to adopt the attitude that every time he hits the deck he has dived ?
Finally one of the greatest football myths going is that decisions even themselves out over the course if a season, they don't .Bad decisions are bad decisions end of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.