Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
Spurs will be without Paulinho for this game after he suffered ligament damage in his ankle. Hopefully another win but Adebayor is in good form right now and their midfield is still strong with or without Paulinho so we will have to be on our game too, Rooney is going to be key as usual...3-1 United, Rooney x2, Welbeck, Adebayor.
They call Paulinho's injury a 'Charlie Adam'
That is now a recognised medical term.
Not as bad as a full Nolan, but keeps talented players from messing around playing football for some time, and leaves the field clear for his ilk.

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
Not that I want to be painted as an old fart like you two.But I agree. Horrible night. Overcrowded and overhyped. Cunts who never even come out usually are there. People talking shite about their resolutions, etc.

Boxing Day and New Year's Day are where it's at. Football and beers. (y)
I am well aware that you are a young fart not an old one.
But you are VERY good at it!:D

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
I was in the bp at 640 this morning and in big queue when a load of lagered up russians came in and went up to counter waving twenties around pointing at spirit bottles. The guy says next please and they thought they were qgoing to queue jump me. I am next and there is a queue ahead of you says I. I paid for my papers and carried on to work...... As i drove off I saw a lad with no trousers on drinking from three open bottles whilst his sidekick was vomming his guts up on the maplins front door. New years eve is not my idea of fun
I shared a flat with a Russian who was in the habit of drinking White Lightening at one time.
I would not care to repeat the experience.

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
Manager will tell you 100 out of 100 times to grab the guy and take the yellow if needed.
Maybe Cleverley was there, but I wouldn't want to risk letting him 1 on 1 vs a guy running at full speed, because the most probable thing is that he gets beaten in that kind of scenario with a lot of room from Dembele, who's running forwards. He would have to make a tackle or a foul, and get a yellow card, and maybe he wouldn't even be able to do it... and if he wasn't then we're on their hands.
Take the yellow for a striker and do the foul, that's what I'd do in that situation at least.
The point was that the cover was Cleverley, with all that that implies.
Not as bad as the cover being Evra, I grant you, but it makes Wayne's decision the only one.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.