Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Hope Rafel, Jones and Rooney are fit for this game.
-------------------- DDG --------------------------
Rafael----- Smalling -- Evans ---------Evra
----------- Jones ------- Carrick ---------------
Valencia -------- Rooney ------------- Young
------------------- Welbeck ---------------------

If they are not fit for this game

------------------- DDG -----------------------
Valencia --- Smalling--Evans------- Evra
----------- Cleverly ----- Carrick ------------
Januzaj ----------- Kagawa-------- Young
-------------------- Welbeck ------------------
Jones is out til 'mid January'.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Question is - with all our so called rivals winning (even Everton salvaged a point) and being the only ones to lose ... will that ensure that Moyes know he HAS to buy in this window?
It should. I couldn't give a toss if anyoe says it's panic buying cos it isn't. It's needed.

To think 2 years ago we went through a whole season at OT winning all but one game which we drew.
When you don't win games at home, you've got BIG problems that need fixing.
What's this? The 4th home defeat already this season?
If we don't get new blood I dread to think how many more there'll be!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Sukhi: Why are people blaming Moyes! The reality is that the cracks that we have papered over these last few years are being lifted. We need a lot of investment in new players, especially in central midfield.

Couldn't agree more.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
David Moyes says his side 'played really well' today but were done on the counter attack.

He does realise we were humiliated at home again for the 4th times this season??

If that's not just a public opinion and he thinks differently in private, we've got problems. Well ... MORE problems!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Because this identical squad under a great manager won the league last season.
RVP's goals won us the title last season. He won us about 25 points on his own.
And we were helped by luck along the way and our rivals stumbling at the right time.
RVP papered over the cracks, basically. So many people said we needed the midfield sorting out, we didn't need RVP.
What they didn't understand was that Fergie wouldn't have bought midfield players whether he'd bought RVP or not! Fergie did not buy midfield players after 2007!

I lost count of the times in match threads you'd see comments like "Imagine how good we'd be if we had a midfield'
'Imagine how many more goals RVP would get if he had a midfield behind him'

RVP started off the same this season, but of course he's been injured and the midfield problem is glaringly obvious because of it.
And of course, those rivals all strengthened their squads. We didn't. And that is now costing us.
No wonder some people said Fergie left at the right time!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Manchester United manager David Moyes: "The performance was really good. It was a stonewall penalty kick and sending off for the goalkeeper. I find it unbelievable that the referee doesn't give a penalty kick and a sending off.
"Then he goes and books Adnan Januzai for diving. I find it incredible. People who employ referees are going to have to look at that. Today we played well. We're not asking for anything, we're asking for the right thing. I don't know what's a penalty kick if that's not.
"I thought we defended really well, got done by a couple of counter-attacks today. The boys played well and we couldn't take the opportunities when they came along.
"All you can do is play well and hope you take the opportunities when they come. Their effort was terrific in trying to come back from 2-0 down. We didn't deserve to be behind. We'll keep trying to win the next game, that's all you can do. We're not necessarily looking at the league table."

You know things are bad when the manager bangs on about a penalty we didn't get and seems to think we actually played well.
As I said previously, I hope that's just a public front. Otherwise, we're in dire danger of not even getting into the Ch League lplaces next season. New blood is needed NOW.

That bit in bold - that's what managers fighting relegation say! Though of course we do now have a manager who thinks mid-table. That's another problem we've got!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I hope someone from the club demands an apology.

Didn't a Liverpool player (I think it was Liverpool) put up a picture of Webb once in a United shirt? Didn't he get into trouble for it?

Mind you, the BBC live reporting page is always anti-United. It's in the tone of the people who write things up so Linekar's comment at least fits in there.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Don't wheel that out again, it wasn't that we were good, simply that we were much less bad than City and Chelsea who self destructed.
Exactly. We were also lucky that RVP had one of 'those' seasons.

And I agree. The constant 'Moyes inherited a squad that won the title easily' mantra - as if that made it a foregone conclusion the same squad could do the same again - is so irritating that people keep saying it and not seeing the flaws in what they're saying!

And of course, the other clubs have bought players. We haven't. There are far too many players who aren't good enough.
Nothing has changed my opinions about Cleverley, Anderson and Young. Who all need to go.
And Evra needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Teams knowing that we're there for the taking these days, at the former fortress that is Old Trafford, is almost as depressing as actually losing games.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
SmLling blatant hand ball in box moments after another blatant handball
That would counter our pen anyhow
I had a look at the back of a paper this morning. I think it was the Mirror.
Headline was something like:

'It's a scandal ..... No, not United's home form but the fact they didn't get a penalty'

Which of course implies that Moyes is ranting about the penalty claim rather than address/admit how bad United play at home this season.

I heard the BBC online guy Phil McNulty on the radio earlier as well. I didn't realise he was a scouser til I heard him talk, but it certainly explains the anti-United tone he always takes when he does the live reporting page.
He said he thought it was a penalty for the Young incident, but he stuck the boot in about United anyway! One thing he said was fans leave OT early now and they never did when Fergie was there, which of course is not true, but any excuse to have a go.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Smalltime managers like Moyes genuinely do not get that if you lose 8 games in a prem season you are fucked for title.
Also they settle for draws in games that the fergies of the world go all out to win

Moyes will either crack and walk away or believe his own bollocks and turn into a howard hughes type figure
bug eyed c**t can f**k off now for my money.

Forget the loyalty bullshit back the wrong man for years and we will end up like Liverpool
Of course he won't walk away! He's a manager whose never won anything, who has a 'finishing 7th would be a successful season' mentality, who was given one of the biggest jobs in world football because he's a Scot. Because he took over from a Scot.
He hasn't got a ruthless winning mentality, the facts show that. He might well develop one in time, but United can only afford to give him so much of that time.
His attitude when he first arrived showed he was starstruck, which is also a worry. The way he talked about buying Fabregas - when it was clearly never going to happen - was embarrassing. Like he was playing fantasy football!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.