Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287480/preview

Manchester United are hopeful Wayne Rooney will be fit to face Tottenham at Old Trafford on New Year's Day.

Rooney missed Saturday's win at Norwich with a groin problem, but is expected to return to the starting line-up for the visit of Tottenham.

Robin van Persie is back in training, but the striker may have to content himself with a place on the bench after missing the last five games with a thigh injury.

Marouane Fellaini (wrist), Nani (hamstring), Phil Jones (knee) and Rafael all remain sidelined, but Antonio Valencia is available again after serving a ban.
Tottenham have a number of injury concerns to deal with as they look to maintain their improved form under Sherwood.

Paulinho has joined the likes of Sandro (calf), Andros Townsend (hamstring), Jan Vertonghen (ankle) and Younes Kaboul (ankle) on the sidelines after picking up an ankle injury in Saturday's win over Stoke.

Full-back Kyle Walker returns after suspension, while Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor are expected to continue up front together.

·
23,699 Posts
We can have better possession but if we don't release the ball faster and our only creative idea is to send the ball wide to Valencia and pray he crosses well, nothing is going to happen for us.

·
23,699 Posts
What a disappointment after our best winning run of the season had to end at home.

We don't deserve to be near the top of the table and are probably spot on in our current position. The table does not lie after 20 games.

Our goal showed that WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO CREATE WITH A CROSS. Just that we are too stale and predictable with our approach of wing play. My guess is we are not creative enough, don't move and pass fast enough and so the most brainless way is to give it to the wingers to do their stuff for a good cross please.

Changing and rotating the back four, especially the CBs, may not be necessary nor a wise thing to do.

Chicharito really has the touch of an elephant.

Welbeck falls a little too often although congratulations for scoring his No. 11 of the season in all competitions.

Desperate deployment of offensive players, including 'CM' of Rooney and Kagawa that could never be envisaged, was a bit too little too late though.

Good reminder we are still in transition so let's not get too hopeful or too upset.

·
23,699 Posts
Some little corner of my mind is actually saying to me that we could win the European Cup, finishing outside of the top four, and then subsequently costing Liverpool their place!! I'd take that. :p
You are even more hopeful than me.... but could be more painful for you...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.