Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Hope Rafel, Jones and Rooney are fit for this game.
-------------------- DDG --------------------------
Rafael----- Smalling -- Evans ---------Evra
----------- Jones ------- Carrick ---------------
Valencia -------- Rooney ------------- Young
------------------- Welbeck ---------------------

If they are not fit for this game

------------------- DDG -----------------------
Valencia --- Smalling--Evans------- Evra
----------- Cleverly ----- Carrick ------------
Januzaj ----------- Kagawa-------- Young
-------------------- Welbeck ------------------
Jones is out til 'mid January'.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
De Gea

Rafael Smalling Evans Evra

Carrick Fletcher

Valencia Rooney Januzaj

Welbeck
I'm far from his biggest fan, but I think this could be a game for Valencia to excel in, Spurs are pretty weak at left back and Valencia and Rafael doubling up could cause them real problems.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I would say this is a big test for Moyes and United, it's the first top 10 club they have faced since going on this latest run of results, have to say I'm a bit concerned with this game. I said the last time we played Spurs that it was a must win in order for us to stay close to the top four. I'm going to repeat myself and say it's a must win. Spurs look a bit rejuvenated under Sherwood.

·
We'll Never Die.
1,724 Posts
What's the latest on Rafael being fit for this game?

If he's still out, I reckon that starting team above is most likely.
Maybe Andan will get the nod over Young though.

·
The White Heskey
8,606 Posts
Spurs will be without Paulinho for this game after he suffered ligament damage in his ankle. Hopefully another win but Adebayor is in good form right now and their midfield is still strong with or without Paulinho so we will have to be on our game too, Rooney is going to be key as usual...3-1 United, Rooney x2, Welbeck, Adebayor.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Why are people putting Young in the team over Januzaj? Has everyone forgot how shite he is? He scored two in two, but his last two games he has reverted back to his idiotic, predictable performances.

·
23,699 Posts
http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/287480/preview

Manchester United are hopeful Wayne Rooney will be fit to face Tottenham at Old Trafford on New Year's Day.

Rooney missed Saturday's win at Norwich with a groin problem, but is expected to return to the starting line-up for the visit of Tottenham.

Robin van Persie is back in training, but the striker may have to content himself with a place on the bench after missing the last five games with a thigh injury.

Marouane Fellaini (wrist), Nani (hamstring), Phil Jones (knee) and Rafael all remain sidelined, but Antonio Valencia is available again after serving a ban.
Tottenham have a number of injury concerns to deal with as they look to maintain their improved form under Sherwood.

Paulinho has joined the likes of Sandro (calf), Andros Townsend (hamstring), Jan Vertonghen (ankle) and Younes Kaboul (ankle) on the sidelines after picking up an ankle injury in Saturday's win over Stoke.

Full-back Kyle Walker returns after suspension, while Roberto Soldado and Emmanuel Adebayor are expected to continue up front together.

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
Spurs will be without Paulinho for this game after he suffered ligament damage in his ankle. Hopefully another win but Adebayor is in good form right now and their midfield is still strong with or without Paulinho so we will have to be on our game too, Rooney is going to be key as usual...3-1 United, Rooney x2, Welbeck, Adebayor.
They call Paulinho's injury a 'Charlie Adam'
That is now a recognised medical term.
Not as bad as a full Nolan, but keeps talented players from messing around playing football for some time, and leaves the field clear for his ilk.

·
GOAT
6,081 Posts
If Rooney is fit then hopefully this will be the side.

De Gea

Fabio Evans Vidic Evra

Carrick Cleverley

Valencia Kagawa Januzaj

Welbeck

If Moyes goes with Hernandez and Welbeck together then we won't win.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Really pity the players, they cannot party hard on the new year eve because they have a game the next day.

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR - 2014

WISHING A GLORIOUS YEAR AHEAD FOR MANUTD and its fans....

·
Registered
258 Posts
DDG
smalling vida evans evra
carrick fletch
valencia rooney januzaj
welbeck Webb​
Set about them from the start and make them cry !!!! 3-1 UTD . (thats my positive thoughts)
HOWEVER .................
Lennon constantly makes Evra look pedestrian and Dembele made us look like little boys in the school yard , so i think today its paramount that we start well and press quickly ( which we did pretty well earlier in the season , but seems to be less apparent lately )

21 - 40 of 511 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.