Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
441 - 460 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't be so pessimistic, we will end up the season qualifying for the CL. This time we really had very bad luck, we could've win... it wasn't one of those matches you don't have a chance.

·
I can't be arsed
4,680 Posts
Defensive disorganisation is being highlighted in the chat afterwards.
That seems fair enough to me, and together with our huge emphasis on getting the ball out to the RW must be partly down to Moyes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think the players in general need to take responsibility for their performances. Our main issue is defending, it is laughable at times. I was watching Smalling for the first goal, and he had no idea what he was doing, tiny bit if movement and he was no where. Same thing with the second goal, just replace smalling with Valencia. Evra and Vidic have seen better days and fo me Evans always has a mistake in his game. We really really need to invest in experienced solid defenders. I think our performance overall was good, decent tempo, a lot of chances that on another day would have gone in.

·
The White Heskey
8,606 Posts
Gary Lineker [email protected]GaryLineker 8m
When was Howard Webb sold by United? I must have missed that move in the transfer window.

This is ridiculous, he is supposed to be a professional within the sport, no? Sticking jokes in United fans faces on twitter is hardly what a professional sports presenter does.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Gary Lineker [email protected]GaryLineker 8m
When was Howard Webb sold by United? I must have missed that move in the transfer window.

This is ridiculous, he is supposed to be a professional within the sport, no? Sticking jokes in United fans faces on twitter is hardly what a professional sports presenter does.
I hope someone from the club demands an apology.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Not for the first time this season, when needing a win United have come up short. I thought we played well in the first 15-20 minutes, I thought our ball recovery was excellent, our movement excellent and our passing crisp, sadly we had Antonio Valencia providing the service, which was abysmal. for the third time this season Moyes dropped Valencia back to RB and for the third time he cost us a goal, it was a panic move by Moyes which was unnecessary.
Again we were far too predictable trying to play wide, despite our possession and pressure in the last 30 minutes of the game there was no real controlled attack, it was all a bit hap hazard with us again still trying to force the ball wide. I thought dropping Rooney back and bringing Kagawa on was a smart move, except we made no effort to try and bring the ball forward through either one of them and we ended up looking disorganized.
At the end of the day it was our play in the final third that cost us again, poor crossing, poor passing, poor touches and too many players bunched up in the same area, having a manager such as SAF on the sidelines is entirely different than Moyes, as a player you must have belief beyond doubt that you will score to comeback, no such luck with Moyes.
United deserved better today, but we are our own worst enemy, 2 sloppy goals given up and a distinct lack of quality in the final third cost us the points.

·
The White Heskey
8,606 Posts
I hope someone from the club demands an apology.
https://twitter.com/TSBible

This twitter page is laughable too, they really get a kick out of making jokes of United...Number 1 target we are! Disappointed in Lineker though, don't expect him to joke about teams like that, considering his job is to fairly review each one and how they've played on a weekly basis

-e- how on earth its a verified page dedicated to sport I don't know, it literally is just hate and bias to united!

"I hope Januzaj doesn't score. Not sure I can handle hearing Michael Owen orgasm"

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
https://twitter.com/TSBible

This twitter page is laughable too, they really get a kick out of making jokes of United...Number 1 target we are! Disappointed in Lineker though, don't expect him to joke about teams like that, considering his job is to fairly review each one and how they've played on a weekly basis
It's like everyone is allowed to do it when it's us. I really want Lineker to lose his job for that, it goes against every principle of his role.

·
Registered
580 Posts
The most depressed I've felt all season.
Really, you should be getting used to it by now. I know I am. Its best not to have any expectations with Moyes and this United, then you are not disappointed.

As I see it we are just starting the new year on the same footing as we have finished the old one......Every game has a differant lineup, and I've yet to see positive steps being made anywhere on the park. Does anyone really know our best 11 and lineup, because if Moyes has his perception of the best 11, then why isn't he sticking with it for a few games to get some fluidity and understanding going?

And, seriously, if he doesn't buy anyone in this window, then forgot 6 years, he should be gone after 2!

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Sukhi: Why are people blaming Moyes! The reality is that the cracks that we have papered over these last few years are being lifted. We need a lot of investment in new players, especially in central midfield.

Couldn't agree more.

441 - 460 of 511 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.