Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
481 - 500 of 511 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
We had it easy for so long against Spurs that I guess we were due this. We were undone on the counter by a jammy Spurs team and a ref who was so anti United that it was hilarious. Our fullbacks were poor, we have no creativity in midfield.We miss the threat that a lethal finisher gives a team.We need a leader, a boss in the middle of the park something we have not had since Keane left.
Spurs are a no mark side, we just didn't realise it and act accordingly.Time to dust off that chequebook Ed....

·
Registered
110 Posts
my biggest fear is that we became a middle table team like our history's rivals Liverpool (in the last years)....it is very important to get the CL spot this year otherwise and not too many world class players will be attracted to sign for a such team.

·
i'm a potato
6,683 Posts
Not being able to sign good players if you don't get CL is a myth.

City: Yaya Toure, David Silva, Kompany, Tevez and more.
Liverpool: Suarez, Sturridge, Coutinho, Sakho, etc
Spurs: Dembele, Sandro, Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho etc
Roma: Benatia, Strootman, Ljajic, Gervinho, Maicon etc
Juventus: Pirlo, Vidal, etc

The bigger issue is keeping the better players but signing players shouldn't be that much of an issue, money matters more.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Lack of creativity in the middle was so glaringly obvious in this game. We kept hitting the ball again and again to the right side whether it was to Valencia or Januzaj. Rose did great job and it was no coincidence that the crosses for their two goals came from their right wing.

·
i'm a potato
6,683 Posts
Lack of creativity in the middle was so glaringly obvious in this game. We kept hitting the ball again and again to the right side whether it was to Valencia or Januzaj. Rose did great job and it was no coincidence that the crosses for their two goals came from their right wing.
Valencia tortured him in the first 30 minutes and Januzaj did the same in the second half. He had one of his worst games this season, hence why we played down the right. Rose wasn't good imo.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
SmLling blatant hand ball in box moments after another blatant handball
That would counter our pen anyhow
I had a look at the back of a paper this morning. I think it was the Mirror.
Headline was something like:

'It's a scandal ..... No, not United's home form but the fact they didn't get a penalty'

Which of course implies that Moyes is ranting about the penalty claim rather than address/admit how bad United play at home this season.

I heard the BBC online guy Phil McNulty on the radio earlier as well. I didn't realise he was a scouser til I heard him talk, but it certainly explains the anti-United tone he always takes when he does the live reporting page.
He said he thought it was a penalty for the Young incident, but he stuck the boot in about United anyway! One thing he said was fans leave OT early now and they never did when Fergie was there, which of course is not true, but any excuse to have a go.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Smalltime managers like Moyes genuinely do not get that if you lose 8 games in a prem season you are fucked for title.
Also they settle for draws in games that the fergies of the world go all out to win

Moyes will either crack and walk away or believe his own bollocks and turn into a howard hughes type figure
bug eyed cunt can fuck off now for my money.

Forget the loyalty bullshit back the wrong man for years and we will end up like Liverpool

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Smalltime managers like Moyes genuinely do not get that if you lose 8 games in a prem season you are fucked for title.
Also they settle for draws in games that the fergies of the world go all out to win

Moyes will either crack and walk away or believe his own bollocks and turn into a howard hughes type figure
bug eyed c**t can f**k off now for my money.

Forget the loyalty bullshit back the wrong man for years and we will end up like Liverpool
Of course he won't walk away! He's a manager whose never won anything, who has a 'finishing 7th would be a successful season' mentality, who was given one of the biggest jobs in world football because he's a Scot. Because he took over from a Scot.
He hasn't got a ruthless winning mentality, the facts show that. He might well develop one in time, but United can only afford to give him so much of that time.
His attitude when he first arrived showed he was starstruck, which is also a worry. The way he talked about buying Fabregas - when it was clearly never going to happen - was embarrassing. Like he was playing fantasy football!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Don't wheel that out again, it wasn't that we were good, simply that we were much less bad than City and Chelsea who self destructed.
Whoa, hold your horses there, Mikey.

I was replying to RVPRED, who stated why are we blaming Moyes?

I got kicked off redcafe a couple of years ago, for supposedly repetition, and stating then that Uniteds midfield was getting poor, under SAF, and by winning the league last year, papered over the cracks. Had SAF stayed on, I am almost sure he would have addressed midfield.

Moyes was quoted upon joining United that the midfield needed strengthening, then whether his fault or not, ended up doing nothing about it, causing him to have to go with the identical personnel under SAF. Apart from getting rid of the staff who knew how to get the best from the players, so my comment was merely answering why blame Moyes.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Whoa, hold your horses there, Mikey.

I was replying to RVPRED, who stated why are we blaming Moyes?

I got kicked off redcafe a couple of years ago, for supposedly repetition, and stating then that Uniteds midfield was getting poor, under SAF, and by winning the league last year, papered over the cracks. Had SAF stayed on, I am almost sure he would have addressed midfield.

Moyes was quoted upon joining United that the midfield needed strengthening, then whether his fault or not, ended up doing nothing about it, causing him to have to go with the identical personnel under SAF. Apart from getting rid of the staff who knew how to get the best from the players, so my comment was merely answering why blame Moyes.
You are ' almost sure? WTF? Fergie ignored midfield for years, no value in the market etc etc.Nobody bought to replace Keane or Scholes.

·
Registered
727 Posts
What annoyed me about this game was that Spurs were -TERRIBLE-. Truly terrible. They didn't play well, they were slow, and gifted us the ball, and shit going forward etc etc -

But we defended comically, had no cutting edge, and didn't play until 2-0 down. Embarassing.

·
23,699 Posts
What a disappointment after our best winning run of the season had to end at home.

We don't deserve to be near the top of the table and are probably spot on in our current position. The table does not lie after 20 games.

Our goal showed that WE DON'T ALWAYS HAVE TO CREATE WITH A CROSS. Just that we are too stale and predictable with our approach of wing play. My guess is we are not creative enough, don't move and pass fast enough and so the most brainless way is to give it to the wingers to do their stuff for a good cross please.

Changing and rotating the back four, especially the CBs, may not be necessary nor a wise thing to do.

Chicharito really has the touch of an elephant.

Welbeck falls a little too often although congratulations for scoring his No. 11 of the season in all competitions.

Desperate deployment of offensive players, including 'CM' of Rooney and Kagawa that could never be envisaged, was a bit too little too late though.

Good reminder we are still in transition so let's not get too hopeful or too upset.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Not acceptable of course but would have to accept then.... But then againt..... it should not happen!
Some little corner of my mind is actually saying to me that we could win the European Cup, finishing outside of the top four, and then subsequently costing Liverpool their place!! I'd take that. :p

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
For me the biggest issue is how Moyes sets up the team against so called bigger teams. Its a defensive and cagey mindset which doesn't help us at all tbh. We have well documented midfield and defensive problems but by using these tactics, we just get teams running at us and today was no different.

Fergie understood this and so send his teams out to attack and attack - it papers over these cracks when you have the ball far from our own goals.
If anything United had an attacking impetus yesterday and got caught on the counter, we had enough of the ball that we should have scored more, but our passing and crossing was dire, not to mention we were predictable attacking from wide positions.

481 - 500 of 511 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.