1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
-------------------VDS---------------------

Rafael-------Rio----------Vidic----------Evra

Ronaldo-----Carrick------Fletcher (if fit)---Giggs--

-----------Rooney-------Berbatov-----------

At least most of these players got a rest.
Its going to be a massive game on Wednesday.
3 points here is essential.
Pool also have a tough game with Arse so it will be an important game week.

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Not sure if Rio will start after having 120mins today. Same with Rafael, just back from injury.

VDS

Neville (no wingers and we need his attacking threat) Vidic Evans Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Giggs

Rooney Berbatov.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
If we fail to win this then Fergie will be even more scrutinised for his team selection against Everton.Id go with Stephens side except Carrick wont play as Fergie said before the game so bang in Anderson whos had a couple of decent games recently.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Not sure if Rio will start after having 120mins today. Same with Rafael, just back from injury.

We need Rio. Last 2 games have shown how important the Rio/Vidic partnership is.
If he is fit he will play.
Same with Rafael. He is young and has had the time to recover. He looked impressive today and we could do with his youthful exuberance against Pompey. We need to play our best team and at the moment Rafael>Neville.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
VDS

O'Shea Rio Vida Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Giggs

Rooney Berbatov

@ Stephen, you said no wingers? Is Niko Kranjkar injured? He may not be a traditional winger, but he's their best player.

·
Registered
458 Posts
-------------------VDS---------------------

Rafael-------Rio----------Vidic----------Evra

Ronaldo-----Carrick------Anderson---Giggs--

-----------Rooney-------Berbatov-----------

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
I'd go with Ste's team too - again swapping Anderson with Carrick who I (also) think Fergie said will be injured

·
VIDA !!! will murder you..
1,636 Posts
i think berbatov should be given to play full 90 mins of this game if he scores then good for him and us

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
I really hope we win comfortably here. Hopefully, 3 or 4 nil. Portsmouth stil have a bit to play for but we should be very hungry for this having just lost the FA Cup game.

I'd go with:

VDS

Neville Evans Vida Evra

Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Nani

Berbatov Rooney

·
Registered
7 Posts
Van Der Sar
O'shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Fletcher Giggs
Rooney Berbatov

Foster Evans Rafael Scholes Nani Park Tevez

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
people complain about Tev not playing yet everyone here has put berba in the first team - which I would too - he needs to move on from the disappointing pen, regardless what you think of his pen or who you blame for losing the FA Cup Semi's - he defo needs to get over it with another game

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Van Der Sar
O'Shea - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra
Carrick - Giggs - Nani
Ronaldo - Rooney
Berbatov​

* 2-0 ( Rooney's double ).

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Starting line-up: Van Der Sar - Evra - Ferdinand - Vidic - O'shea - Carrick - Anderson - Giggs - Ronaldo - Rooney - Berbatov

I think this would be a very good line-up for this must win game against Portsmouth, Rio will play, he has had time to recover and we need him, since his return we hav kept 2 clean sheets, the Rio/Vidic partnership is the key for our succes this season, Anderson should play, he has played some very good games recently, Ronaldo and Rooney coming back from thier rest, they should be fit and ready, i predict a 4-0 win to us, we are in great form at the moment.

1 - 20 of 362 Posts