Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You have to give Reading and their manager credit. They came to get a result and they got it even though they parked the team bus on the goal line. It was a very frustrating game to watch and we probably should have got the win but hey its only the first game of many so I wouldnt be too worried. Apart from the Rooney injury which is desperately unlucky for him and the team we have a lot to look forward to. Looking at the players we have to come in, it bodes well for the long season ahead. Its not as if the other top teams covered theselves in glory either. Lets just bring on Pompey and get the season rolling.
And for those who are ALREADY criticising Fergie TUT TUT.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Of course its a dissapointing result. A scoreless draw at home is not good but if you look what happened during the game you could see it coming. No forward in 2nd half, just a bunch of wingers attacking, against a team who came here and made it clear they were not here to give away anything for free. The only worries is Rooneys foot. If you been around you know Portsmouth have to pay for this glitch.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't know what to say. I didn't see the match but i was difinetly disappointed. A great team with great players can't score in its first game in its own stadium. what can i say. either reading did a good jub defending or our players didn't do much to win the game. i hope in next match we win and we score goals too...!

·
Registered
43 Posts
we should have won the game, we just didnt get the luck to score the goal, we certainly had the chances. Hope we can do better against pompy.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
A disappointing result but not surprising.

We played Reading 4 times last season drawing 2 and winning the other 2 by one goal. Their tactics were spot on - they came for a 0-0 and that's what they got.

I'm not too concerned - even with their defensive tactics we still managed 20 attempts on goal. We just lacked the killer touch.

The loss of Rooney is a massive blow - but we have Tevez and Anderson available for selection and both Saha and Solskjaer should be back before Rooney.

It's now vital that we win on Wednesday against Pompey to get our season going.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can't believe some of you so called Manchester United fans, first day of the season and you're bailing on the team already. I really do hate bandwagon fans, they win the title and all of a sudden you've supported them all your life. If anyone can come out strong in this situation it's Fergie, in the face of adversity we always come back fighting stronger than ever.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Steve Coppell is a genius and your complaining that we cant beat him on the first day of the season without our best striker? **** Off =]

·
Registered
166 Posts
steve coppll might be a great manager but it doesn't need a genius to stack up 10 players in front of ur goal and say i kept a clean sheet.....giggs came close hitting the post we had several attempts blocked by the keeper or missed by an inch despite all the players defending....the team played a good game given we had wingers upfront...and come on its only the first game

101 - 109 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.