Manchester United Talk banner
861 - 875 of 875 Posts
It was an excellent result, don't think anyone would have predicted a 1-4 win for us, i thought it would be a draw to be fair hoping for a narrow win. Also winning so well to one of the hardest places to play in the EPL is very impressive - if we had just watched chelsea do that everyone will be saying how good is that team and JM is the dogs dangly bits.

It wasnt a vintage performance but we competed well and took our chances when they came - RVP is simply outstanding - 24m for imo the most gifted striker on the planet, is maybe the best business fergie has ever made. In the past we havent signed already made world class players - i cant think of many but bringing in a proven World Class player such as RVP shows what sort of impact they can make - we have the youth in the team Welbeck, Cleverley, Jones etc will be be great players but are still young and have thinkgs to learn - if we put two world class midfielders into that team we will be a def force on all fronts.

A brilliant start to the season. We were being outplayed for the first half an hour but the 2 goals in 2 minutes were game changing.

Both RVP's goals and Welbeck's 2nd were fantastic goals. Delighted to see Rooney come on and get 2 assists too.

Only blot on the copy book was the goal we conceded. Unfortunately, Welbeck was to blame for that one but we'll let him off since he scored a couple!

Today's Thought..
......Rooney wants to leave because he's bored of Manchester. He's won everything at club level in England.
He's one of the few English footballers who should have the ability to play abroad. Munich or Juventus would love him....
He'd become a better player. Sell Rooney, then break the bank for Bale......

Today's Thought.......

.......I worry about a Van Persie injury, so I was glad to see Welbeck step up to the plate on Saturday. We need this kind of performance against Chelsea on Monday as we will definitely need to score a couple...It's a shame the Suarez/Evra incident happened... Suarez would be perfect at United......

Today's Thought.....

....If David Moyes finishes the season with a only a League Cup, I'd be happy. I'm not expecting him to win the league this season or the one after this. Moyes hasnt even checked the foundations, let alone start to build his own team....Fergie was a genius at keeping the activity at United discreet...Moyes will adapt and learn. Right now, the man needs to address his foundations.........

Today's Thought....

I loved the way the manager took of Van Persie towards the end of the Swansea match...Denying him a hat trick...keeping him hungry, Fergie style...Nice move. Moyes is creative. He's pushed Giggs to the top and it lead to the first goal of the season....We are dealing with an experienced manager so I sleep easily......Early trust......

Today's Thought.....

....Running up the Old Trafford touchline in his trench coat celebrating...That's my haunting memory of Mourinho and he's back again on Monday. Our defence will have to be on there toes, no doubt.
Lets draw blood first early doors........

861 - 875 of 875 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.