Manchester United Talk banner

MOTM Vs. Stoke City

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matchday thread....apologies about the delay on getting it up..

Barclays Premier League
The Britannia Stadium
December 26th 2008
12:45 (GMT)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
we should beat them on paper , depends how much the travelling took out of us.
i would settle for 1-0 three points are a must

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
cant see an upset but we can't afford to drop points with another draw here when we have a chance to take advantage of the other teams slipping up.......

1-2 to us

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
it will be hard to play out their as thier pitch is narrow and they tend to bombard thems down their witch will not suit our style imo! were going to have to fight hard for a win and fight hard for the full 90 minutes!

i reckon either a 1 or 2-0 victory with rooney scoring at least one beacuse he will be confident after japan and scoring agasint citeh so esxpect himm to continueto score for the next 2 games and than not again for about another 10 :p

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
3 points is all that matters to me, i really dont care about the performance or fatigue or jet lag or whatever, i would gladly accept a scrappy 1-0.
we just need to close the gap now.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The next two games are absolute MUST-WINs.

Having said that, I think we can afford to play some fringe players against Stoke, but still playing a side capable of winning.

I'm thinking Nani should start ahead of Park whose defensive abilities will be more needed against Boro just 3 days later on the 29th.

Also fancy Foster to get a game and Fergie to give both Carrick & Anderson a breather. Think Scholes might come off the bench to get some minutes.

Welbeck should get his first start in a Premier League game, but I think Fergie will want to have a few goals on the board before bringing him on, so berba will start with Tevez,

In Evra' absence, I think O'Shea is no-brainer at left back and I expect Park to function as his back up and possibly even Fabio, who just recently came back from injury and played in a reserves match.

Tevez - Berbatov

Nani - Fletcher - Giggs - Ronaldo

O'Shea - Evans - Vidic - Neville

Foster​

Subs:
Kuszczak
Ferdinand
Park/Fabio
Scholes
Anderson
Welbeck
Rooney

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
----------------------------VDS---------------------------
Rafael---------Rio----------------Vida---------Oshe'a-
Ronaldo-----Anderson-------Carrick-------Park-----
---------------Rooney---------Tevez--------------------

Prediction:
0-3 to United
Rooney
Ronaldo
Tevez

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
-------------------------------------- VDS------------------------------------------------------------

-------- Rafael-------------Rio----------------Vidic------------------------O Shea----------------

--------Ronaldo-------------Scholes---------Fletcher-----------------------Park----------------

----------------------------Berbatov-----------------Rooney--------------------------------------

3-1 to United and Im predicting Berbatov's best display yet .

·
Registered
18 Posts
VDS

Neville
Ferdinand
Vidic
O'Shea

Ronaldo
Scholes
Fletcher
Giggs

Rooney
Tevez

Subs:
Kuszsack,Rafael,Carrick,Berba,Park,Evans,Welbeck

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm with you Lucky7. A good win with a clean sheet to boot.

I think Fergie will rest a few today - as he does - so it might take us a wee while to break them down but we'll get there in the end.

0-3 will do me.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
thekeanefella said:
3 points is all that matters to me, i really dont care about the performance or fatigue or jet lag or whatever, i would gladly accept a scrappy 1-0.
we just need to close the gap now.
absolutely!

1 - 20 of 179 Posts