Manchester United Talk banner

MOTM Vs. Stoke City

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
The next two games are absolute MUST-WINs.

Having said that, I think we can afford to play some fringe players against Stoke, but still playing a side capable of winning.

I'm thinking Nani should start ahead of Park whose defensive abilities will be more needed against Boro just 3 days later on the 29th.

Also fancy Foster to get a game and Fergie to give both Carrick & Anderson a breather. Think Scholes might come off the bench to get some minutes.

Welbeck should get his first start in a Premier League game, but I think Fergie will want to have a few goals on the board before bringing him on, so berba will start with Tevez,

In Evra' absence, I think O'Shea is no-brainer at left back and I expect Park to function as his back up and possibly even Fabio, who just recently came back from injury and played in a reserves match.

Tevez - Berbatov

Nani - Fletcher - Giggs - Ronaldo

O'Shea - Evans - Vidic - Neville

Foster​

Subs:
Kuszczak
Ferdinand
Park/Fabio
Scholes
Anderson
Welbeck
Rooney

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Giggs or Tevez should have taken that free kick.

Fergie better have a word with Ronaldo about his free kicks from that distance. His technique only works from further out.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
IT was a very, very vital victory. Berba's great touch, as wel as presence of mind and Carlos positioning rescued the day.

It may have been a scrappy game, but it was an absolute must win and I couldn't be happier with the result. Besides the three points, it was another late win, which should boost our boys and dismay our rivals in equal measure.

Good stuff.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
antdevil78 said:
proof today if needed that retaining the title this season is gonna need a bigger effort than either of the previous two seasons.

the standard amongst the the other 16 teams has been raised dramatically. No team can now be classed as an easy 3 points anymore. This has be proved with the fact that Hull are having an amazing season lying in 7th but only remain 7 points off relegation.

Next games could be crucial with potential banana skin for Liverpool away to Newcastle and Chelsea in local derby away to Fulham, if they slip up we need to come good on the monday against boro.

Spot on.

The rest of the teams are catching up, becoming tactically wiser.
Players from lesser teams are more confident. The premier league stars are looking more human in their eyes.

The difference in quality and ability amongst the teams in the prem is the smallest it has been in a while.

I think the late win today and the one against Sunderland will be good reminders to the team not to give up and that they have to fight hard against ery determined teams this season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts