Manchester United Talk banner

MOTM Vs. Stoke City

PL MD12 - Stoke City Vs Manchester United

8K views 178 replies 44 participants last post by  reddwarf 
An ugly but precious victory indeed in an ill-tempered game. Can't imagine if we could not even wrap up the 3 points against Stoke. United have no alternative but to learn to cope and overcome such dogged and physical teams en route to another league title.

Rooney and Ronaldo were lucky to have finished the game. If Becks could be sent off by doing a horse's kick while lying on the pitch in the World Cup, I am surprised both of them were not even cautioned. The intention was definitely there to warrant action. Let's hope video evidences are not being used by the extra-vigilant-if-it-is-United FA against them since the referee did not take action.

Individually, Evans was superb for me (considering him stepping in for Ferdinand in a very difficult game), along with Vidic and Scholes who surprised us with some of his timely (and clean) tackles. The match-winner Tevez, who was still charging like a bull to close down any available space in the dying minutes and Berba, who provided the assist, were just decent. The biggest disappointment has to be reserved for Ronaldo, the world-footballer elect who disappeared for most part of the game.

At the end of the day, a forgettable match with forgettable overall performance. In such games, it is the good results that we remember.

trikam patel said:
Didnt you see every time a united player passed the ball and looked for a return pass, a stoke player would raise his hand and stop united player from making his forward run. most of the time the hand was in a united players face.
Know what you mean but there is a subtle difference. Inferior players resorting to such desperate tactics are fully expected and nothing surprising for us but for our superior players to have reacted foolishly and fell into the trap to get a card is quite another.

trikam patel said:
Dont forget, players like rooney and ronny, will have inferior players trying to break their legs or trying to get them injured. When u have players like rooney and ronny they risk there careers a lot more because of the way they play their football. If there was a player trying to take my leg off i would be peed off. And an inferior stoke player got the card because of a challange from behind. Now if that was julin dicks, rooney and ronaldo would have their careers ended. They have to show frutration sometimes not because they are good players and they should show control but are players trying to make football great, and is spoiled by players who try and kick their legs or try to injur them.
Fair point. Understand their predicament.

Best reaction is still to put the ball into the net though.

zoran_zlatanov said:
I just can't understand how some people decide the players on the MOTM poll. How could you put Ronaldo there and not put Berb for this game. Yes it is true that he had played only about 20 minutes but he made the assist. Sometimes you don't need 90 minutes on the pitch to make the vital goal or assist. Some players are more likely to receive red card than scoring, and still appear on the poll.

I will vote for Scholes.
If my choice of Evans is strange, think the choice of VDS is stranger. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.