Manchester United Talk banner

MOTM Vs. Stoke City

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Another mediocre struggle when form goes out of the window in favour of another mess. So bloody frustrating. So, when is Ronaldo going to hit even 10% of his form of last year, or Rooney?

·
Registered
601 Posts
moondog said:
Two votes for ronny as motm??? :confused:

No offence, but that was probably the worst game he has played in years. :eek:
I voted ronaldo because of ronaldo bashing. U can't expect ronaldo to take on 3-10 players every game. I dont even think ronaldhino at his very best or messi could have done anything inthis match, it was tough and physical. Ronaldo will find his ultimate touch again. The great thing about ronaldo, is even if he loses the ball from his feet a 100 times, he will still try to take on 2 - 3 players. How many players in the world has that much confidence. Not many. If we had a player that gave up his ability on the pitch then the team would fold. Ronny and nani, tevez are great example's of how to not giv in ur ability. Something rooney needs to learn.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Red Devil said:
We have not conceded a Premier goal since Nov 8th - so our defence is working fine!! Now, about these forwards?
Has fabregas hit his form, has gerrard hit his form, has adeybayor hit is form. Its going to be up and down games this season, the other top 3 team players havent hit form, te only player i recognise who is doing well in anelka.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Important win, nice to see tevez and berbatov combine without much intention of it imo.

Anyway not a great performance but today the 3 points were more important that anything and i think thats exactly what happened.

Proffessional job, nothing more.

Bring on the next game.

I would like to see ronaldo running at players abit more with speed again rather than always passing it even if people on here have a go at him then because thats when he is at his best and rooney and ronaldo to get on the same page as they were last season but still, three points, good result.

pz!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A good win despite the performance. It's a funny old league this season - no-one's hit any kind of form yet but at least we keep winning.

Can't wait till the Chelsea game on 11th Jan

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
proof today if needed that retaining the title this season is gonna need a bigger effort than either of the previous two seasons.

the standard amongst the the other 16 teams has been raised dramatically. No team can now be classed as an easy 3 points anymore. This has be proved with the fact that Hull are having an amazing season lying in 7th but only remain 7 points off relegation.

Next games could be crucial with potential banana skin for Liverpool away to Newcastle and Chelsea in local derby away to Fulham, if they slip up we need to come good on the monday against boro.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Rough tough game, nothing like the one at OT. I thought Neville loked his old self today, got forward a touch more than he has been of late and it was his cross to Berba that made the goal, Scholes looked classy imo and full marks to Tevez for sticking at it, plugging away until the very end, vital player and anther vital goal which gives us 3 points.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
antdevil78 said:
proof today if needed that retaining the title this season is gonna need a bigger effort than either of the previous two seasons.

the standard amongst the the other 16 teams has been raised dramatically. No team can now be classed as an easy 3 points anymore. This has be proved with the fact that Hull are having an amazing season lying in 7th but only remain 7 points off relegation.

Next games could be crucial with potential banana skin for Liverpool away to Newcastle and Chelsea in local derby away to Fulham, if they slip up we need to come good on the monday against boro.

Spot on.

The rest of the teams are catching up, becoming tactically wiser.
Players from lesser teams are more confident. The premier league stars are looking more human in their eyes.

The difference in quality and ability amongst the teams in the prem is the smallest it has been in a while.

I think the late win today and the one against Sunderland will be good reminders to the team not to give up and that they have to fight hard against ery determined teams this season.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I thought it was going to be one of those games again, but we got the goal somewhat fortunately, and got a big result.

Ronaldo and Rooney's behaviour wasn't acceptable, and I wouldn't be surprised if they received some sort of punishment. But hopefully they won't.

We seemed to have a lack of urgency again today, but we got the goal we needed, Tevez YET AGAIN with a goal which could prove to be vital. Perhaps this will tell Sir Alex not to be so quick as to take off Tevez every game.

The substitution worked wonders and we took the game to Stoke when they were down to 10 men.

Dissappointing that Liverpool didn't drop any points in what could have been a tricky tie but we're still in a great position, with 2 games in hand and the usual other top 3 sides yet to be played at Old Trafford, as well as Villa and City.

Stoke is a hard place to go, especially when we had a difficult journey back. The 3 points aren't guaranteed in any game this season, and if we win the Premiership we're going to have to work ever harder than we did the last 2 years.

I'm still a bit worried about our seemingly lack of urgency though, as it's not the first time we've showed it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
First of all my vote is going for Nemanja, but I think that Tevez,VDS and Berbatov was great too. The other just simply SUCKED.
Our biggest weapon are players from middle and today i havent seen anything from them.
PS. Sorry couse my english is bad.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
antdevil78 said:

Great post.

The Premier League is so tight this season. All the other teams seem to be taking points off each other, which means the old cliche of there being 'no easy games' may actually be correct this season!

It was a vital 3 points against Stoke, especially with Chelsea dropping points yesterday. Our next 2 league games against Boro and Chelsea are hugely important. It'll be tough but if we can win them both we're in a great position.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts