Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Ronaldo to add to his 16 goals this season, and Rooney/Tevez will get atleast one aswel. Then hopefully Anderson will get his 1st for united

Im hoping for a 3-0 atleast, but id be happy with any score aslong as its a win :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
i wish I was as confident as you guys. This match is sunderlands cup final and Keano will have them so fired up. But I still think united will win 2-0. It will take us a while to grind them down and I can see us being put under a good amount of pressure but when we score I can see sunderlands heads going down and us to snatch another.

Saha and Nani to score.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i just hope we win...no matter the score....we have to keep up with the gunners......hope they'll loose points at Pompey

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This mightn't be as straight forward as some believe.

Sunderland have performed very well at the Stadium of Light this season. Keane gets the players and the big home crowd fired up for these games.

Granted they haven't been playing well of late but were still able to hold United at OT until late on in the game. United only won 1-0 at home as Sunderland bravely defended.

For Sunderland there will be some ex-United players and staff hoping for a good result in this ' Cup Final' for them. I for one will enjoy seeing Yorkie and Cole on the same pitch playing against their old club, with Keano watching on....

On the injury front, VDS should remain sidelined for this fixture but we welcome back Rio and OH from slight knocks they picked up last week. We have a very full capable squad ready to lock horns and battle for these must win 3 points.

On the prediction front Im going to go with 4-0 for now.
If our first goal comes early, then Sunderland will have to chase the game and we will exploit that and give them a hammering. But they could hold out, put bodies behind the ball and make it trickier for us.

Knowing Keano, he will try and win the game. Respect for that, but it will probably be a big mistake with Ronnie, Rooney, Tevez and Giggs looking increasingly threatening as the season wears on.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
id say..........3-0 shud be fine............but 4-0 wud be better!!!!!!!!!
a ronaldo hat-trick(if he plays...SAF may rest him) and a goal by tevez........
our next three games are quite decent..........sunderland,west ham and birmingham..........the main threat is west ham..........and arsenals next three are pompey,everton and west ham..........if we get a win all three and arsenal draw anyone of these then that wud be gr8.............

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think nani should be in at least in the second half 20mins after the brake if the result was 0-0.

It`s time to rest players like giggs, rooney & play nani & saha... oh saha whats wrong with you !!!

hargo is an english gatuso I like the way he fights we want him back

Ji-sung Park is back so I wish to see him at least for 10 mins If we secured the win

Now we have a powerfull defencive technique, we can play hargo & Carrick infront of the defence just like liverpool`s match & many attacking ideas available :).

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Baileya123 and Jazz are the ones I agree with here....

3-0 and 4-0 maybe - but I would refrain from predictions like this personally.

Sunderland would take a draw right now if offered it......

And their only hope of getting anything from this game comes in the shape of a
draw - so it's common sense this is what they will try to achieve.

So 1-0 or 2-0 for me......

3 points is the most important thing though ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
any win will do , any scorer will do , aint the time to be fussy as it dont look like arsewipe whingers team are in the mood to do anything daft.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
0-4, rooney hatrick and tevez to score, rooney hasn't scored in 5 games since his injury that to long, he'll get at least a brace! :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i think there will be quite a few changes in the team for this game....park is pushing for a starting spot after training well...this will be a tough game so i hope there is not too many changes...

i'd take a 1-0 win this xmas period is so inportant in the title race and we need maximum points over this period to knock the gooners off top spot

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keane full of praise for Fergie

Former Manchester United skipper Roy Keane will lead Sunderland into battle against his old club with opposite number Sir Alex Ferguson determined not to allow the young pretender to dethrone him just yet.

The two men will be in opposite dug-outs for the second time since Keane launched his managerial career with the Scot having got the better of him - if only just - at Old Trafford in September when Louis Saha's 71st-minute strike secured victory by the narrowest of margins.

United ruled the roost in English football for more than a decade with Ferguson at the helm and Keane his leader on the pitch - the 36-year-old won seven Premier League titles, four FA Cups and only missed out on a Champions League winners' medal through suspension.

British football's pre-eminent boss continues to add accolades to his curriculum vitae long after his planned retirement, but that comes as no surprise to a man who watched him work his magic at close hand.

Keane said: "What you find with all these top managers and top people, whether it be sport or business, they like to win.

"That's what you find with all these people - and they never get sick of winning, and that's why they are so good. They love winning, they never get sick of it.

"Some people like to win once or twice and that's it. These people like to win year after year after year, and to have that drive and desire is fantastic.

"That's why you have got to admire these people."

Perhaps one of the reasons for their success together is that Keane and Ferguson share at least some of the same characteristics, a fact acknowledged by the younger man.

He said: "I like to win, yes, I like to win."

That is something Keane has struggled to do so far this season, and Sunderland dropped back into the relegation zone once again as a result of yet more late misfortune as Reading snatched all three points with a controversial winner on Saturday.

The former Republic of Ireland captain's commitment and intensity have never been in question, although as he unburdened his soul following his appointment at the Stadium of Light, he admitted that might not always have served him well.

He arrived on Wearside having brought down the curtain on his playing days at Celtic following his split with United after more than 12 glittering years at the Theatre of Dreams.

His departure was preceded by a difference of opinion with Ferguson, although he insists he has no regrets.

Keane said: "I don't have any regrets about the way it ended - maybe one or two people might, but I don't.

"All good things come to an end and that was it. It ended the way it ended.

"It was brilliant, it was everything I thought it would be. It was fantastic.

"I loved it, I loved every minute of it."

An apology was offered and accepted as Keane launched the latest phase of his career, although while Ferguson was a big help during his first year in management, the advice has dried up more recently.

Keane said: "Of course it does when you are in competition. It's all right when you are in the Championship and one or two managers are keen to help you with certain players or whatever.

"But then when you are in the same league as them - and rightly so - then all that stops."

Keane is one of several United old boys in the Sunderland camp - Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, Danny Higginbotham and Paul McShane are likely to be involved, and 36-year-old Yorke admits he will be as excited as anyone.

He said: "It does not make any difference that I am a little bit older than some of the guys and have been there and done it, I am still as excited as those who have never played against them before."

Source:teamtalk.com

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
0-4, rooney hatrick and tevez to score, rooney hasn't scored in 5 games since his injury that to long, he'll get at least a brace! :D
Rooney has a 10-match goal drought b4,so I won't be surprise with him not scoring again. Sunderland will be a tough nut to crack @ home. But I juz' can't see them taking points off a United side with so much explosive firepower in front.
2-0 to United. Ronnie will score definitely.....with either Tevez or Rooney to the 2nd goal.:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
i think the team will be

PIG
brown rio vida evra
ronnie hargreaves carrick nani
rooney saha

i think giggs anderson and tevez will all get a rest so there firing for the west ham game

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.