Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Carly, if I were in Romania I've give you a pint and a hug.

It's true. You have to be able to take the bad times just as well as you take the good times.

Think about this: How many clubs do we talk bad about b/c of how immature their fans act? ... Now read the last page or 2 of comments and see if it's any better?

Seriously, it sucks - yes. But that's how the game works. Life goes on because there's another game still to come.

Be thankful that Rooney's career isn't completely over. Be thankful that Ron got sent off instead of injured as well. Be thankful that SAF brought a title home last season again - it could've easily went to someone else.

We're better than this :) We are United fans. Lets show why we're the best fans in the league :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree with you Carly. I have always had the upmost faith in United even when other diehard fans just gave up entirely. We are still a great team, in fact the best team in the land.

But I don't find it wrong for people to be criticizing. We are Manchester United not Luton Town (no disrespect to them of course) Anything below a win for us is considered a disappointment, doesn't matter who we are playing against.

The team played really well against Reading and even though i felt really sick after that I was still confident. But today after we scored to be honest we didn't even look like we wanted to win. People talk about the Rooney injury, Tevez's fitness, Ronaldo's sent off but the truth is had we displayed a little bit more passion we would have won the game at a canter. like I said before there was absolutely no fire in our play, no attacking vigour that was so synonymous with the way we played last season or any other victorious season.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree completely, we need to start havin a bit more faith, we did everything we could last night we just couldnt get the winner. I was very annoyed after the reading game because those are games we should really be winning.

But after last night i wasn't that annoyed cos i knew the players put in 110% to try and get the win, its just not goin our way at the moment. Im hopin the city game will kick start our season.

Predictions for score? Im gonna go with 2-1 the reds.

·
Registered
249 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I've never read such a load of sh*t in my life !!!!

For all this talk I hear about what great fans everyone is on here...
I find it very sick and sad to listen to all these so-called fans giving up
and having cheek to criticise Fergie and the guys who did their best
for the team tonight - and against Reading !!!
Carly I never thought Id'e say this but ur WRONG!!

drawing this game was absolutely avoidable.. I believe like a lot of TRUE united fans that basic stupid mistakes by Fergie and some players made us lose 2 valuable points..

no one here is really saying that united lost the league already but the way there playing so far is just frustrating!! and we nade a place to dispatch some anger and the best place is man utd forums!!!

again I say I have the topmost faith in this team I love it more than myself but this is just frustrating when u see pompey score and chelsea come back for a win they dont deserve..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well i don't know what to say. these players are good. they run , they drible , they shoot ... but they don't score. i'm sure we will win the leauge but we must score. last year we had the best forward. but this year till now we only scored 1 goal in 2 matches. i hope sir alex solve this problem quickly.

·
Banned
4,620 Posts
cristiano04 said:
Carly I never thought Id'e say this but ur WRONG!!

drawing this game was absolutely avoidable.. I believe like a lot of TRUE united fans that basic stupid mistakes by Fergie and some players made us lose 2 valuable points..

no one here is really saying that united lost the league already but the way there playing so far is just frustrating!! and we nade a place to dispatch some anger and the best place is man utd forums!!!

again I say I have the topmost faith in this team I love it more than myself but this is just frustrating when u see pompey score and chelsea come back for a win they dont deserve..
EVERY draw is avoidable and EVERY defeat is avoidable.

It's OK for people to say Fergie should have do this or he should have been doing this - but who knows what would have happened if he did things different.

'IF' ..... 'MAYBE'......'WHAT IF' ...... all irrelevant really for me.

Fact is they play as well as they could - this is all we can ask for - and they just have no luck at all !!!

If they do their best and lose 3-0 its OK for me - all we can ask is commitment and effort - no more...!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,815 Posts
A frustrating game compounded by Ronaldo stupidly getting himself sent-off. A 3 game ban for violent conduct is the last thing we needed.

However, there were some very promising signs. Our 1st half performance was excellent. We controlled the game and Scholes scored a superb goal.

You have to give credit to Harry Redknapp who changed things at half-time and the end result was a much better performance by Pompey in the 2nd half.

We still created a number of chances though and had Tevez been fully match fit I think he would have scored and I still can't believe Vidic missed from a yard out!

I was impressed by Nani and the movement of our front 3 was exceptional at times. The results will come!

181 - 195 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.