Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 195 Posts

· Registered
5,602 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Trying to be posh and call it match day 1 and match day 2 etc etc - goes all wrong after Xmas when teams have 2 or 3 or 4 games in hand and no one knows which day we are on, lol......
nobody in England calls it "matchday 1, or matchday 2" - this is obviously a routine for people who like everything mathematical and orderly.

· Banned
4,620 Posts
Match day 1, 2 etc etc - sounds too American - or the way the Italy league is announced, lol......Day one is 11th August !!! Next game is 15th Aug which is day 5.......then next sunday is next game and the date is 19th Aug so this is Day 8.........Oh I dont know, lol.........just call it.....

PORTSMOUTH 'V' MANCHESTER UNITED !!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
159 Posts
People are getting far too carried away, yep we should have won on Sunday but we didnt, deal with it. We played pretty well and made lots of chances, some of them good ones, and we lost our main striker and talisman with an injury at half time which obviously affected the team's performance. I would have been worried if we had played poorly and struggled to create chances but thats not the case, it was one of those days im afraid, as simple as that, and at the end of the day it's a home draw,thats all. If you look at the final league results of every single season, even in '99 you will find that we drew a game or two at home, wait till 38 games are played or until it's mathematically impossible for us to win the league before you panic. SAF knows what he's doing and im sure him and the team will bounce back, I expect a tough game at Fratton Park but I also expect us to edge a close game 2-1 or 3-1. However, given Pompey's strong form at home I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a draw and I won't be too pi***d off even if we do draw, it's a long season played over 38 games not one or two. We wont be the only team to drop points at home this season given the quality of the league overall. Lets face it, both Arsenal and Chelski nearly did and Liverpool struggled to beat Villa.......Once the new players settle in and the team find their form I think we'll witness one of the best teams playing some of the best football ever to grace the OT turf....:D :D :D

· Registered
3,702 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I would like to hope that most people know its in the Prem.....if they think its FA Cup or Carling Cup they need psychiatric help !!!
well yeah but later in the season we could be due to play a team in the league right before/after we play them in a Cup. So having PL MD whatever and whatever it'll be for the likes of FA Cup etc will/should avoid confusion :p

STL 1-0 Carly :D

:rolleyes:

· Registered
131 Posts
F**k the worrying, f**k the Reading result, f**k anything that's being said. We are the head honcho's, the big cheese, numero uno and we are gonna step on anyone that get's in our way and retain OUR title starting tonight with poor poor Pompey! COME ON UNITED!!!

· Registered
249 Posts
redtilldead said:
F**k the worrying, f**k the Reading result, f**k anything that's being said. We are the head honcho's, the big cheese, numero uno and we are gonna step on anyone that get's in our way and retain OUR title starting tonight with poor poor Pompey! COME ON UNITED!!!
ya thats the f**king spirit:mad: lol

41 - 60 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.