Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match

1 - 20 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
4 changes from the Wigan game, Neville, Fletcher, Park and Tevez!!

I've great time for fletch lately and think he was needed against Wigan.

Beat these lot and we are top of the league:)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Our 3-0 victory over Chelsea was our statement of intent. We beat Wigan - if only by a single goal - and now we need to follow through and go top of the table on Saturday and Sunday. Bolton have lost their last 3 games on the trot, but we are at the Reebok. It might be close, but anything less than 3 points is unacceptable. Hopefully we can make it 10 clean sheets in a row, that would be something...

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I really hope, I am wrong, but for some reason, I just get the feeling of a draw here. It seems like the logical move would be us winning, and going top the table and not looking back. But when do we ever take the easy route in the past.

Hell, I feel like 21 May, but for some reason, just feel like a draw coming. Hopefully it is 0-0 and keep the shutout streak intact to take that from Chelsea as well.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My prediction is a win:
2-1

It will be so good if we win. But the draw isn't so bad. We still have 1 game in hand and pools have a tough game against Everton. So our players shouldn't be nervous at all. They need to have fun on the pitch and the goals will come soon or later.

·
23,699 Posts
About injuries and Vidic in the aftermath of a bruising win over Wigan...

daily mail

Sir Alex Ferguson is counting on Nemanja Vidic to see Manchester United through a possible injury crisis at Bolton.

Despite a ninth successive clean sheet in the 1-0 Premier League win over Wigan at Old Trafford, Ferguson has a few concerns.

In attack, Wayne Rooney will be missing for three weeks and Carlos Tevez is a major doubt after limping out of a challenge by Titus Bramble.

But it is defence where United could be stretched the most. Already without Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra, the Red Devils could be missing Jonny Evans at the Reebok Stadium too after the Northern Ireland star suffered an injury that left him struggling to complete the full 90 minutes.

Thank goodness for Nemanja Vidic then. As Ferguson pointed out, the Serb's defensive masterclass bore comparison with any rival.

'Nemanja was magnificent,' said Ferguson. 'It was the best performance you are likely to see from a natural centre-half.

'His reading of the game is excellent and he is as tough as nails. He was absolutely superb.'

The same could also be said of Rooney, although the England striker was only on the pitch for six minutes.

It was long enough to do Wigan enough damage to consign them to only a second defeat in eight games though as he tapped home Cristiano Ronaldo's first-minute cross.

'Wayne scored a good goal but he will be out for about three weeks now. Hopefully it is no longer,' said Ferguson.

A win at Bolton will be enough for United to leapfrog leaders Liverpool, who do not tackle Everton until Monday night................

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
We could have a serious problem in defence for this game. With Evra, Rio & Brown out and Evans doubtful we may have to play Neville at centre-back for this one alongside Vidic with Rafael and O'Shea at right & left back.

Bolton are a very tough team to play against and I have to admit I'm concerned, especially with Rooney missing up front.

On the plus side, we should be highly motivated to win this game because going top of the table is a great carrot to dangle in front of the players.

·
Registered
734 Posts
aw man so many injuries what a balls, i hate when we play bolton there a dirty rough team id say we should do the job on them, i just hope nobody else gets injured playing against them.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Bolton away could be tricky and they are one of those sides that raise their game against us. The injuries don't help either.

I'm praying that Evans and Tevez will be fit, if not it could be agolden opportunity for Danny Welbeck, but tbh I think he might not be ready for it yet.

Neville should start this match. Don't think the fact that he got injured against Bolton should matter.
I'd really want Evans to be fit though as I do not think much of Neville at CB.

Tevez - Berbatov

Park - Fletcher - Anderson - Ronaldo

O'Shea - Vidic - Evans - Neville

VDS

Subs:
PIG, Rafael, Fabio, Giggs, Carrick, Nani, Welbeck

·
Banned
875 Posts
Boomhauer50 said:
aw man so many injuries what a balls, i hate when we play bolton there a dirty rough team id say we should do the job on them, i just hope nobody else gets injured playing against them.
Yeh Kevin Davies got some hard tackles hope no-one gets injured in this game. SAFwill put winning team :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Squad for Bolton Game

Rio, Rooney, Evra and Tevez a doubt, who do you think we will start with?

Bolton worry me for some reason, but maybe it is just because of the importance of the game!

·
Registered
601 Posts
bolotn will use exactly the same tactic as wigan did last night. Bolton should have saw how wigan played yesterday and wigan broke us down with our midfield not being able to keep the ball. I have to say everytime nani had the ball nani lost the ball everytime

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
trikam patel said:
bolotn will use exactly the same tactic as wigan did last night. Bolton should have saw how wigan played yesterday and wigan broke us down with our midfield not being able to keep the ball. I have to say everytime nani had the ball nani lost the ball everytime
Wigan are on a much better than Bolton.Bolton arent full of glowing confidence like the Latics and will play a more cautious game.We need to show great character in this game and it will be extremely tough.Hopefully some of the players that are 'injured' will magically reappear come kick off.You never know what kinda tactics Fergie is pulling.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
It's that type of game where we really needed Rooney. Sh*t. Well, that aside, like others have said, it's going to be a tough one if Bolton are on their game, especially Elmander and Big Kevin Davies. It might be a busy day for Vida and Evans(if he starts). I am nervous about this game, the injuries made things alot worse. 1-0 would do me.

-------------------Berbatov
-----Tevez(if he is fit)

------Nani Fletcher Carrick Ronaldo

------O'Shea Vida Evans Neville

---------------------VDS

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Hopefully we won't get injuries and in fact in this game I would actually take another boring 1-0. Team really depends on who's injured etc.

VDS

Neville Evans Vida O'Shea

Ronaldo Carrick Fletcher Park

Giggs

Berbatov

I think SAF will unfortunately go for the one up front with Giggs behind. I think we should win though 1-0, hopefully Anderson or Scholes will start but I reckon Fletcher no doubt will start. Really hope Ronaldo scores and we win 1-0.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Prediction: Bolton 0-1 United.

Starting XI (4-5-1)

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR
2. Gary NEVILLE
7. Cristiano RONALDO
8. ANDERSON
9. Dimitar BERBATOV
11. Ryan GIGGS (C)
15. Nemanja VIDIC
16. Michael CARRICK
17. NANI
22. John O'SHEA
23. Johnathan EVANS

Substitutes:

29. Tomasz KUSZCZAK
13. Ji Sung PARK
18. Paul SCHOLES
21. Rafael DA SILVA
24. Darren FLETCHER
28. Darren GIBSON
32. Carlos TEVEZ

Manager: Sir Alex FERGUSON

·
Registered
77 Posts
difficult game, we usually have a hard time at the reebok.
they dont have a natural goal scorer since they sold anelka which is a positive.
i can see us winning,but by a close margin.

1 - 20 of 446 Posts