Manchester United Talk banner

MOTM vs Wigan

1 - 20 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
2-0 maybe 3 if we get on a roll like chelski,

ironically think bruce's boys will be harder to beat than that shambles that showed up on sunday

·
Banned
875 Posts
If we can stop Zaki and Heskey we got chance if we give them space to work around the box it will be disaster :D hope we win and be at top before liverpool plays again.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
after the great performance against chelski everybody will be expecting a victory , another 3-0 win for utd is my prediction and liverpool will start to feel the heat.

·
Registered
191 Posts
after the chelsea win I think we can go on a good run now and boost up our goall difference too. If Fegie plays a strong team we should beat wigan. Tevez should play and I think scholes and anderson in the middle 2-0 to united I reckon:D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This game will go one of 2 ways.

1. After the confidence gained from beating Chelsea and the great form of our
players, we could make this game look easy and knock in a few. We will have
the fresher players as well. Wigan's best 11 were used on Sunday so they will be tired
and no doubt daunted by the prospect of visiting OT with us in rampant form.

or
2. We find this very tough and it turns into a cagey game with few signs of a
breakthrough. THis is a very different Wigan under the excellent Brucey.
They have won 7 of their last 8 games and are on the cusp of Europe.
Fair play to them.

I think this game will be decided by 2 factors:

1. Our attackers taking their chances. The confidence seems to be back but
they had been struggling a bit up till then. If they hit the net early, Wigan will
come out and we will hammer them.

2. In midfield. SAF got it spot on with Giggs and Fletch vs Chelsea. I can see
Carrick coming back in to play alongside Scholes or Anderson.
Scholes was terrible against Derby cos he was hussled out of it by the beast that
was Addison. Winston Palacios is the same kind of player. He is a beast in the
middle who can play as well. He will hurry and hassle our midfielers, so Id
like to see Anderson in to counteract that, alongside the passing ability that Carrick has.

Precition: 2-0

-----------------VDS--------------------

Rafael------Vidic--------Evans (Rio)----OShea (Evra) -----(if fit)

Ronaldo-----Carrick------Ando/Scholes-------Nani

-------Berbatov----------Tevez/Rooney

·
Registered
601 Posts
this will be tougher, wigans tactics will be to get enough crosses into the box, they will look for free kicks anywhere from 40 yards out and they will try and pound us with set pieces into the box. They have hesky who is dangerous in the air, we need to make sure we clear ourl lines. but if they play this tactic then it will give us the opertunity to counter them if they slip up. But my guess is wigan will come out looking for a quick goal from a set piece then play with 10 defenders.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I hope we can score early in the game and than it will be easier. Show the will and desire to win like against chelsea and everything should be good

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
This game will go one of 2 ways....
Fabulous analysis Jazz. ;)

This one worries me, just slightly, because of the potential for a letdown after yesterday's fantastic performance and Wigan's current form. To counteract the letdown factor and the January fixture problem, I think Fergie might make as many as six changes:

Carrick for Giggs
Scholes for Fletch
Tevez for Berbatov
Tosic (yes, I said it!) for Park
Rafael for Neville
O'Shea for Evra (if he is injured).

We are at home, and should win but it might be another nail-biter....1-0 :eek:

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
moondog said:
Fabulous analysis Jazz. ;)

This one worries me, just slightly, because of the potential for a letdown after yesterday's fantastic performance and Wigan's current form. To counteract the letdown factor and the January fixture problem, I think Fergie might make as many as six changes:

Carrick for Giggs
Scholes for Fletch
Tevez for Berbatov
Tosic (yes, I said it!) for Park
Rafael for Neville
O'Shea for Evra (if he is injured).

We are at home, and should win but it might be another nail-biter....1-0 :eek:
think the only changes will be carrick for giggs rafeal for neville and jos for evra! after that the teams fine i dont think we will see tosic untill the 2nd leg of the carling cup i dont think he will thrust him into the prem just like that cant wait to see him though :)

hope wigan actully come oput and try and get a result agasint us here and not sit back and try and lock out for 90 minutes like all the past 100 teams to come here :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
PIG

Rafael------Evans------Vida------JOS

Ronaldo----Carrick----Anderson--Nani

--------Berbatov-------Rooney

Subs:Foster,Gaz, Park,Scholes,Fletcher,Tevez,Welbeck

Prediction:3-2
Ronaldo (2), O'Shea(1)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Worst time to have Wigan at the moment their in cracking form, Zaki might not be firing like he was but Wigan are playing pretty well. I thought if we didn't beat Chelsea this could be a tough gamer and they could do what Sunderland did and what Borough did and park the bus basically play out for the draw but hopefully we can take momentum into the game. Think SAF will go for a similar team to the Chelsea game with a few changes (Evra obviously injured etc.)

VDS

Rafael Vida Rio O'Shea

Ronaldo Carrick Anderson/Scholes Nani

Rooney Tevez

My prediction: 4-1 (Optimistic, please don't be another 1-0 :()

Rooney x 2, Ronaldo and Tevez.

Oh and I doubt we will see Tosic he's not played since November or soemthing hasn't he? So I doubt he'd be risked in this game unless he gave him 10/20 minutes near the end if we were cruising.

1 - 20 of 374 Posts