Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match Vs West Brom

21 - 40 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
because of the injury crisis we could well drop points in this game ,but if the players can battle their way to the 3 points it will be a shattering blow to the scum and chelski.
go for the win utd it could be a very big one.

·
Banned
15 Posts
I hear you have some injuries ! We'll you have nothing to fear !! We have only got three players out of our usual starting eleven.

Carsson, Bednar, Simpson (althought he's only just arrived)

If our fans do the Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam tune, it's got nothing to do with Munich, it's just one we do the the dam buster but take the **** out of our selves (i.e Yam Yam - an abreviation of you are, to you am, to "yam")

Anyway, hopefully we wont do it.

Good luck, I hope you lose but I also hope you beet those ****ney idiots and the scouse scum to another title. Have a safe journey up the M1 any way !! ;-)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Hey, welcome around here. Come back by during the game for more fun in this thread. Always fun to hear the opposition as well.

Not as worried as most are since you all have quite the injury worry as well. I heard your top 4 center backs are out, so I am hoping for a quite a showing from Berba today.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
BaggieBoy said:
I hear you have some injuries ! We'll you have nothing to fear !! We have only got three players out of our usual starting eleven.

Carsson, Bednar, Simpson (althought he's only just arrived)

If our fans do the Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam Yam tune, it's got nothing to do with Munich, it's just one we do the the dam buster but take the **** out of our selves (i.e Yam Yam - an abreviation of you are, to you am, to "yam")

Anyway, hopefully we wont do it.

Good luck, I hope you lose but I also hope you beet those ****ney idiots and the scouse scum to another title. Have a safe journey up the M1 any way !! ;-)
We`ll show him what we`ve got ;)

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Cappy said:
Hey, welcome around here. Come back by during the game for more fun in this thread. Always fun to hear the opposition as well.

Not as worried as most are since you all have quite the injury worry as well. I heard your top 4 center backs are out, so I am hoping for a quite a showing from Berba today.
This sounds good, hopefuly we can pin them back and attack them from the start. Did anyone know that if VIDS keeps a clean sheet he'll hold the new record for ELP clean sheets.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
For god sakes forget records till after the game we need to win this because it puts us well in the driving seat in the title chase and once we get in the driving seat its over.

United 3-0

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Greening blow hits Baggies hopes

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4855231,00.html

West Brom skipper Jonathan Greening will be out for up to six weeks after a scan revealed he has suffered a strained medial knee ligament.

Greening sustained the setback in his left knee during the first half of Saturday's FA Cup fourth-round encounter with Burnley at The Hawthorns, which finished 2-2.

It is the first major injury of Greening's lengthy career and he could be sidelined until the middle of March.

The absence of the former Manchester United and Middlesbrough player will be a major blow to the Baggies' hopes of Premier League survival.

Albion now have 10 first-team players on the injury list and manager Tony Mowbray described Greening as the most influential player in his two years in charge.

An Albion spokesman said: "Scan results confirm that Jonathan Greening strained the medial ligament in his left knee against Burnley.

"Greening is expected to be sidelined for between four and six weeks."

Mowbray said: "Jonathan has been our most influential footballer in my time

here. Him being out for any amount of time is a big blow to us.

"It is his first injury of any note during his career."

However, Mowbray has said he will not bring in additional players on loan to the ones he is already targeting to fill the gaps left by Greening and the other posse of injured players.

He continued: "We won't be changing tack or going out and bringing anymore players in because of the injuries.

"I think it is the wrong thing to do, to bring a loan player in to fill a space for what might only be a week or two in the case of some of the injured players.

"If you bring loan players in now, you are making a commitment for the next five months really. I don't see it being the right thing for the player coming in, who might play a game or two and then people get fit and they are left out.

"We will go along with the squad we have at the moment, intensify our efforts regarding the players we are already trying to target in certain areas of the pitch, and see if we can make things happen this week."

In addition to Greening, Albion have Ishmael Miller, Neil Clement, Ryan Donk, Leon Barnett, Jonas Olsson, Abdoulaye Meite, James Morrison, Luke Moore and Craig Beattie on the injury list.

·
23,699 Posts
setanta

West Brom v Man Utd preview

West Brom and Manchester United both have major injury problems in defence ahead of the Premier League encounter on Tuesday night.

United can go three points clear at the top with victory and also set a new Premier League record of 11 successive clean sheets.

West Brom have only scored three goals in seven Premier League meetings with the champions while Paul Scholes has four in three starts against The Baggies.

It could be a tight affair with six of United's last eight games being won 1-0 but the absence of a number of key individuals at the back should mean Sir Alex Ferguson's team are more vulnerable than usual.

Former Red Devil Jonathan Greening, who was on the bench at the 1999 Champions League final, is out for a month but Ryan Donk is set to be risked despite carrying a groin problem.

Tony Mowbray has five of his six centre backs injured as Jonas Olsson, Abdoulaye Meite, Shelton Martis, Leon Barnett, Neil Clement, Luke Moore, James Morrison, Ishmael Miller and Greening are all sidelined.

A decision must be taken over whether to recall Marc-Antoine Fortune in attack after the FA Cup draw with Burnley.

United's problems are also in defence with Jonny Evans, Rafael, Fabio and Patrice Evra all out but Wes Brown and Rio Ferdinand have been training and could make a surprise return if Ferguson takes a gamble.

Otherwise, Gary Neville will continue alongside Nemanja Vidic with Darren Fletcher or Richard Eckersley options for right back. Danny Welbeck's injury could pave the way for Zoran Tosic to make a first start if Park Ji-sung is not fit but Nani is probably favourite to play.

Cristiano Ronaldo should shrug off a stomach bug to take his place in the line-up.

PIVOTAL PLAYER: Dimitar Berbatov. The Bulgarian is starting to look the part at United and the team is learning to play to his strengths. He seems to do particularly well against teams towards the bottom and will be a major threat to The Baggies' makeshift defence.

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I am actually pretty confident, West Brom are missing a few players aswell. I am also expecting a performance from Ronaldo tonight. I know we are missing several key players but we have enough to do the job tonight. Berba, Tevez and Ronnie are all capable of exploiting WBA's weak defence, Donk who is a risk because he has an injury, big Abdoulaye Meite is injured and not playing either.

3-0 to United.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I might have a holiday at school tomorrow!!!

So I cud watch the match!!!

But it isnt live on TV

Please give me streams guys!!

21 - 40 of 440 Posts