Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Reading are going to be in for a real hammering. Rooney i expect will score a few, Ronnie and Tevez will be on the score sheet as well. I'll say Min score of 4-0 But i'll go for 5-0 to us.

·
Registered
309 Posts
with their defensive record, the second worst in the league and our scoring record of late I'm confident we will score at least 3 goals on Saturday.we shouldnt be complacent though with our away record being average by our standards. Also having played reading 5 times over last 18 months drawing four of them we owe these lads a hiding. United therefore will be on their toes for this one and I will go for a 3-1 scoreline

·
Registered
303 Posts
i can see this either being close 1-0 utd or like a 4-3 utd type game depends how reading go about it. There defence hasnt been gr8 so dont think they can afford to sit back and let us play if they do easy, tho if they attack roony and rooney will hit them on break

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
We are on fire at the moment and are letting nothing in at the back.
Confidence will be sky high and Rooney will have a point to prove big time.
Reading are playing pretty poorly at the minute and are vunerable at the back which suits us nicely. They have proved tricky opponents over the last few years but Im predicting 4-0 on this one.
Should not be a problem at all.
i agree jazzmiester we are flying at the mo and i fancy rooney to bag a few goals here on sat..we have claimed top spot back after losing at a couple of weeks ago and fergie and the boyz will be determined (sp?) not to give it up easilly..i think the 0-0 earlier this season and the 1-1 at theres last season will stand us in good stead and we'll come out firing big time

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Official Confirmed Team Line-up

GK: VDS

RB: Wesley Brown
CB: Rio Ferdinand
CB: Nemanja Vidic
LB: PatriceEvra

RM: Cristiano Ronaldo
CM: Michael Carrick
CM: Owen Hargreaves
LM: Park Ji-Sung

CF: Carlos Tevez
CF: Wayne Rooney

Subs: PIG, John O'Shea, Darren Fletcher, Ryan Giggs, Luis Nani

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
R&R score the goals again.

Well 2-0 to United but we made hard work of it.
Rooney made the breakthrough with a lovely finish but he had a total shocker today. Everything he touched(apart from the goal) was just awful.
Tevez was excellent today holding the ball up well and fighting admirably.

Vidic was my motm. He cleared everything all day long and made a fantastic tackle on Kitson to deny a certain goal.

Rio and Wes also played well.
The midfield didnt provide the service first half though Hargreaves tackled well.
Carrick had a very good second half.
Still cant believe how bad Rooney was as I was giving out yards about him, but he still popped up and scored the vital goal.

Overall a tough away game that we made more difficult for ourselves, but a great result in the end.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
greeeeeeeeeeeeeeat result......to bad the guners and the chelskis won.....still...RONALDO keeps showing us he's the best at the moment...i'm still upset Kaka won the golden ball and RONALDO didn't....

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
vidic done everything right today, expect maybe letting kitson got behind him and tried the chip, luckily van der sar stood tall. MOTM for me.

great goal from rooney from a great pass from tevez, but rooney touches was bad today. Ronny got something out of the game, but it was amazing how poor his shooting was today, he actually missed 7 previous shots before getting the goal.

again, we have our defence to thank for when our attackers werent as sharp. great result afterall.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.