Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Was watching the scrolling text on BBC online whilst at work, knowing that Arsenal were 2-0 up. Watching paint dry was better until about the 55th minute when United seemed to wake up a bit and actually began shooting! And why oh why did he put Park on instead of either Giggs or Nani? The mind boggles!

When I saw we were piling pressure on I said to a mate that we would score in the next 5 minutes or Reading would - we did!!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
how many times do you see a side roll up a huge score one week but cant buy one the next week . the two rons pulled it out of the fire for us . stevie coppells boys grabbed a draw early doors so this has to be seen as a great result .

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Phewwwww.....

Just glad to get Reading out of the way.....

We never have much luck against them.....

0-0 and 2-0 this year which is about average.....

In the last 15 against them now.....

We have 8 wins...7 draws...I think which for United is poor.....

All the people with the 4-0 and 5-0 forecasts might be in luck on Saturday, lol.....

It is only Spurs after all.....:p ;)

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
Anderson's God said:
United made hard work of it as usual, but we got the 3 points. Certain Rooney seemed off form but I am sure he'll be banging in the goals next game!
Rooney did have a bad game.....

I think we all agree on that.....

However.....

He still managed to score.....

Which is encouraging because when he has bad times before he was really bad !!

.....and the goals stopped too.......

·
Banned
9 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Rooney did have a bad game.....

I think we all agree on that.....

However.....

He still managed to score.....

Which is encouraging because when he has bad times before he was really bad !!

.....and the goals stopped too.......
The most important thing is that we got all three points! :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
A very tough game on Saturday. We were lucky at times but the team put in a lot of hard work and it eventually paid off.

Rooney's flick with the outside of his foot for the goal was an excellent bit of skill and Ronaldo can't seem to go a game without scoring.

·
Registered
854 Posts
i knew we'd win when hargreeves came off. is it just me or do we not look like scoring or winning when he plays. every game we've dropped points, he has started and he hasn't started too often.

he gives the ball away too much and slows down our play. tbh he has been brought in to cut out the opposition play and give it to our attackers but surprisingly it has been anderson doin this job magnificantally.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
To be fair to Hargreaves he was voted man of the match in his 1st 3 appearances for United by fans on manutd.com

He's really struggled with injuries since he came to the club and has never really had a run of games. I think we're still to see the best of him.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.