Man Of The Match Vs. West Ham?

41 - 60 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Richie said:
We're forever winning titles...
lol....:D

I am a little worried about this one - yeah, I know, I say that before EVERY friggin game. Nervous by nature, I am. But our history at Upton and all that....

The hammers are not overly dangerous going forward but have defended very well in recent games...might be a little difficult to break down, but I can't see them scoring. Yet ANOTHER 0-1 nailbiter? :eek:

Should see both wazza and evra at some point in the game. It'll be nice to have both of them back. :D

Also be nice if the sans-gerrard dippers feck up against pompey and give us a chance to go 4 or 5 up. After all we should already be at 4 except for one ridiculous referee decision.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Wayne Rooney and Patrice Evra could make the bench on Sunday, but the Reds will definitely travel to West Ham without skipper Gary Neville.

At his pre-match press conference on Friday, Sir Alex Ferguson said Rooney and Evra are not in a position to play 90 minutes yet.

"[They] won’t start the game," the United boss said. "They’ll possibly be on the bench. They’re not quite 100 per cent but they’re not far away."

Rooney hasn't played since injuring his hamstring against Wigan Athletic on 14 January. Evra limped out of the Reds' victory over Chelsea at Old Trafford three days earlier.

Meanwhile, Sir Alex hopes Wes Brown recovers from a knock in time to cover for Neville.

"Gary hasn't recovered from his illness which caused him to come off last week against Everton," confirmed Sir Alex.

"Wes has a bruised foot from a tackle near the end of that game but hopefully he'll be okay for Sunday. I would imagine Wes will replace Gary at right back. And Ferdinand and Vidic will be there as a partnership, which gives us that solid back four look.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6626577

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Wayne Rooney and Patrice Evra could make the bench on Sunday, but the Reds will definitely travel to West Ham without skipper Gary Neville.

At his pre-match press conference on Friday, Sir Alex Ferguson said Rooney and Evra are not in a position to play 90 minutes yet.

"[They] won't start the game," the United boss said. "They'll possibly be on the bench. They're not quite 100 per cent but they're not far away."

Rooney hasn't played since injuring his hamstring against Wigan Athletic on 14 January. Evra limped out of the Reds' victory over Chelsea at Old Trafford three days earlier.

Meanwhile, Sir Alex hopes Wes Brown recovers from a knock in time to cover for Neville.

"Gary hasn't recovered from his illness which caused him to come off last week against Everton," confirmed Sir Alex.

"Wes has a bruised foot from a tackle near the end of that game but hopefully he'll be okay for Sunday. I would imagine Wes will replace Gary at right back. And Ferdinand and Vidic will be there as a partnership, which gives us that solid back four look.

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6626577

·
Registered
62 Posts
hi everyone,
I can see where people are coming from here, but I just cannot see us losing this (may not win either:) ) if you look at our record since the premiership began, we have played at the boleyn 13 times...won-4, drawn...7 and lost 2, I know the 2 losses were in the last 2 seasons but look at the games

2006-2007
robert green had a storming game after we had so many chances that were wasted (11 corners,19 shots), last 15 mins steddy teddy starts the move for reo-coker to score, we should never have lost this game:

2007-2008
we never really got into this game, they hit the bar early,then ronaldo scored after 14 mins,and we looked on top, but slowly we let them back in and after ronaldo missed the penalty, they really went for it, and lo and behold last 15 mins again after we had switched off, a very slack performance:

And though Zola and Clarke has them playing well at the moment we seem to be doing just enough, I think the record goes sunday (though hope not) and I'll be boring and say 1-1

th th th th thats all folks

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
if we were playing against west ham last year, i would not fancy ourselves too much, but with zola iin charge, west ham will have a right go at us, and that is where we can exploit and take advantage of.

2-0 to us. i sort of worry about what the clean sheet record has done to our mentality, have our players become more defensive minded, especially in the last 10-15 mins when we have a lead in our hands, but since ferguson has come out and said that he was not worried about that, and i assume there isnt any reason for me to worry. but i would not mind the record being broken sooner, and we can start another run, all the way to the end of the season!!

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
ivica1983 said:
Where is your optimisam.
I tip at least 2:0 aganst WestHam.
We`ll destroy them. You`ll see.
You know what mate, I completely agree with you. West Ham have been brilliant lately I know, but there's a hell of a hunger about us at the moment. They're determined to defend like warriors to keep the clean sheets and they can smell blood with Liverpool and Chelsea faltering and I think that attitude will really take us through. The attacking football is starting to pick up now, and West Ham will come at us more than teams have been lately. We haven't played in a week so they'll all be raring to go, I think we'll have a great game.

West Ham will give us a good game though and I'm not ruling out them scoring.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I think that both teams will score. 1-2 is the most likely result IMO. Tough game especially in the second half. Tevez and ronaldo to score

·
Registered
50 Posts
Richie said:
You know what mate, I completely agree with you. West Ham have been brilliant lately I know, but there's a hell of a hunger about us at the moment. They're determined to defend like warriors to keep the clean sheets and they can smell blood with Liverpool and Chelsea faltering and I think that attitude will really take us through. The attacking football is starting to pick up now, and West Ham will come at us more than teams have been lately. We haven't played in a week so they'll all be raring to go, I think we'll have a great game.

West Ham will give us a good game though and I'm not ruling out them scoring.

Here's a bit more agreement for you! I've always dreaded this tie but am feeling very confident about it. With the hammers coming at us (which they will) I think it'll be a fast game which will suit our guys down to the ground... I reckon that they'll relish the chance to show just what kind of a team they are - there will be flicks, tricks and jaw-dropping 60 yard passes. It's going to be a thriller. They're on a run now, and looking for another opportunity to display true dominance.

Bring it on!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Never have liked this fixture to tell the truth. Especially the last few years when it has been a very difficult ground for United to get the points. Most likely won't be any different this time either, it's going to be a proper battle for the points.

Hammers have been in a very good form lately. Last 6 games, United have the best record and West Ham are right behind in the second place with a 4-2-0 record. They've been very good under Zola all in all.

Liverpool's win sure does put some pressure on United for tomorrow. A win tomorrow is very important but you may not agree, but a draw wouldn't be a complete disaster if you ask me. Of course a win is what we want from there and I'd be gutted if we didn't.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
hammers are on form team but so were everton and we managed to grind out a 1-0 result. i am going to go for a battling 2-0 win. we have the luxury at the minute of knowing we can lose a game and still have hold of our own destiny.

would rather be 5 pts clear heading into the Liverpool game in March than 2pts though but that thinkin way ahead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree.Thought they were gonna toss that one away but credit it too em,although funny how late goals/wins are not quite so lucky when there benefiting from them.As i always tell em,"YOU GET 90 TO OUTSCORE YOUR OPPONENTS AND NO-ONE EVER PLAYS FOR 95 MINS.IF A PLAYER IS INJURED ON THE PITCH FOR 5 MINS THEN THATS NOT FIVE MINS OF FOOTY!".Todays game,well i would like a good performance n reckon we'll get it.It will suit us them playing n being all confident.I reckon 3-1! Come on united!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i can't see us losing this game but west ham will give us a tough game like they always do , our clean sheet record might come to an end though i will go 2-1 to man utd .

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it's gonna be one the last hard games , and it's a place that i realy hope we're gonna pass it well cause it's one of the most hostile places United have played .
West ham have a good record at home against us( 22 wins 16 draws and only 9 losses) so it's gonna be hard. But not imposible. Let's all hope it will end well.

·
Registered
616 Posts
0-3 to United we gotta get back above the scallys,only a defeat will keep us 2nd,draw or win and its back where we
belong at the top of the pile during FA Cup stuff next week....:D

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
hmmm im more nervous than i usually am before games i always have a dodgy feeling when we play west ham they truly do give the meaning to the word bogey team!

saying that though we are the form team in the prem and haven't conceded a goal since November (i think innit?) so im confident that we can lock them out but the thng is there the second most in form team in the prem and think were in most threat of conceding a goal in a long long time today

we need to keep it solid t the back and watch out for Carlton Cole as he seems to either get a goal or an assist every other game these days :rolleyes: but i think it will be an open game and they wont sit back like 90 % of teams did this season which will suit us but we need big games from Berba and Ronaldo going forward if them to play well and the defence is its usual great self i predict either

2-1 win(Ronaldo,Berba) or 1-0(Berba)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
it's gonna be one the last hard games , and it's a place that i realy hope we're gonna pass it well cause it's one of the most hostile places United have played .
West ham have a good record at home against us( 22 wins 16 draws and only 9 losses) so it's gonna be hard. But not imposible. Let's all hope it will end well.
It`s time for our 10`th win;)

41 - 60 of 233 Posts