Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match Vs. Fulham

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
This will be a very very very tricky match. Hopefully we will knick it, 2-1 I'd say...
Vds

Rafael Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Nani Carrick Scholes Parky

Rooney Berbatov

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Nani definately deserves a start, but seeing as Park was taken off in the 55th minute I assume Fergie's resting him for Wednesday.

VDS
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Nani
Berbatov Tevez

Park will play instead of Nani though.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
RFR's going to this :D
I cant wait to hear what he has to say about it. I guarantee he will write at least
2000 words :p

back to the game!!!!
We have most of our players fit and raring to go. We are a machine right now,
playing against a Fulham at home that recently had a tough game against Swansea.
I cant see anything other than 3 points here, and I reckon we could score a few as well.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
They actually play pretty nice football, whether they try that against us is a different story. If they do, I sure think we get at least 3. I wonder if Dempsey will play, he has a knack of scoring against the big 4.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
We can be eight points up by the time the dipps play ciddeh on Sunday. :D

This is the first of two big games that could see them off for good. The cottagers are playing well at home, but can't buy a goal away. If we score early, it could be relatively easy.

edit - However, as always, I am a little nervous about this one...

Can't see wazza starting - probably why tev didn't play yesterday. But he will hopefully come off the bench and be ready to start Saturday against blackburn.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I cant wait to hear what he has to say about it. I guarantee he will write at least

back to the game!!!!
We have most of our players fit and raring to go. We are a machine right now,
playing against a Fulham at home that recently had a tough game against Swansea.
I cant see anything other than 3 points here, and I reckon we could score a few as well.
He'll get that message saying his post is too long and he'll double post! :p

Team I'd like to see played on Wednesady...

-------------------------------Van Der Sar-------------------------------
-
---Brown----------Ferdinand----------Evans-----------------Evra---
-
---Park------------Anderson----------Carrick------------Ronaldo---
-
----------------------------Rooney----------------------------------------
-
--------------------------------Berbatov----------------------------------

If Rooney still isn't fit, then play Tevez.

·
Registered
616 Posts
hopfully a 5point gap from us and them come the weekend fixtures,this squad does look unstopable,i see a comfortable win.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
-------------------------------Van Der Sar-------------------------------
-
---Brown----------Ferdinand----------Vidic-----------------Evra---
-
---Park------------Anderson----------Carrick---------------Nani---
-
---------------------Ronaldo------------Berbatov----------------------

4-0 to United:)
Ronaldox2
Berbatov
Nani;)

·
23,699 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Wonder if any member from the vicinity of Manchester or attending the match would meet him and 'show him around the places'? It would be such a nice gesture from a fellow member of MUT. :)

I am sure he would have plenty to write about in his pilgrimage to OT but not sure if he would be hesistant to snap pics lest he be labelled a daytripper or worse, a glory hunter. :eek: ;)

Btw Rooney is almost certain of playing this weekend against Rovers but may only make it on the bench for the Fulham game.

Would love to see Nani play consecutively again. I reckon it would give him some much needed confidence and hopefully he can build on his Derby performance. I am still an admirer of his silky skills capable of terrorising defenders, his good techniques of shooting and power, and some sublime crosses he is capable of putting in. But I guess for now, the lesser we speak of him the better. :p

Have been impressed with Giggs to be holding out steady performances for the entire game (!) at his age, having found a new lease of life in the middle of the park.

I don't forsee any problem in overcoming Fulham at home. 3-0?

Another midweek game at 4 am for me though. :rolleyes: :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Another midweek game.....another clean sheet for Van Der Sar...maybe another record for him........another win for United :)

-------------Van Der Sar------------

Neville--Ferdinand---Vidic--Evra

Ronaldo--Fletcher--Carrick--Park

---------Tevez----Berbatov-------

Don't see anything going wrong in this game for us. Fulham have been awful on their travels and I really don't think they can pose a threat to our defence. It should be a really comfortable game for us and I think we'll stroll to it with a comfortable 2-0 win with goals coming from Ronaldo and Berbatov on either side of half-time.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
versa said:
Wonder if any member from the vicinity of Manchester or attending the match would meet him and 'show him around the places'? It would be such a nice gesture from a fellow member of MUT. :)

: :)
Yeah think he is meeting Dwarfy, possibly Stee to get a ticket and maybe Sal also,
if he's about. Ill be keeping a close eye on the Stretty, looking for his big 'ead :D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Yeah think he is meeting Dwarfy, possibly Stee to get a ticket and maybe Sal also,
if he's about. Ill be keeping a close eye on the Stretty, looking for his big 'ead :D
Yeah, I'm having 2/3 pints in Lancaster, then getting a coach to Manchester and meeting him in Sam Platts around 7pm. :)

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think SAF said rooney might make the bench which is good, he plays well against fulham! Berbatov to score and 2-0 to us the score will be the 3 points is all that matters though. :)

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
first off, enjoy your day RFR :)
is this your first game? it should be an alright one, fulham have been good at home and solid away. i wouldn't expect them to park the bus but they have a shrewd old manager who will know well that it's suicide to come at us.
i think it will be a bit of a toughie, but i don't see them scoring, and i can see ronaldo with one and rooney coming off the bench for another.

------van der sar-------
rafael--vidic-ferdinand-evra
ronaldo--carrick--scholes--park
------tevez--berbatov-----

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Going to this one, Stretford End :D Can't wait

I'd maybe go something like this..

-----------------Van Der Sar

Brown----Ferdinand----Vidic----Evra

Ronaldo---Scholes---Carrick----Nani

--------------Tevez----Berbatov

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Richie said:
Going to this one, Stretford End :D Can't wait

I'd maybe go something like this..

-----------------Van Der Sar

Brown----Ferdinand----Vidic----Evra

Ronaldo---Scholes---Carrick----Nani

--------------Tevez----Berbatov
ya good team id go for that team too!

prediction2-0 berba and an unlikely goalscorer ;) also for RFR to have the time of his life :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
i don't will make it as a starter, but he got chance to start as a sub....ManUtd will fill full squad as we want to continued that outstanding 13 games clean sheet...Worked out by our solid defender and great goalkeeping by VDS....

------------------------------------vds------------------------------------------

rafael-----------------rio---------------------vida------------------------evra

park-------------------carrick----------------scholes--------------------cr7

-------------------------tevez---------------berba---------------------------

this will be tough but Fulham will be without the most influence player on their squad, Jimmy Bullard that move to Hull....2-0 will be enough...

1 - 20 of 155 Posts