Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match

241 - 260 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Great that we got the three points.

I'm not impressed by the passing though. The sloppiest game I've seen in a long time.

VDS showed glimpses of what haggler and me were talking about at the start of the season.
Redeemed himself throughout the match though.

Rooney & Park MOTM for me.

Referees make me angry.
Fletch and, to a lesser extent, Carrick were giving the ball away regularly with sloppy passing...not like them to do that.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I love Park, such a great squad player and he puts his heart into everything. Rooney and Park orchestrated that 2nd goal. What a cross and what determination from Park to nip the ball across the goal.

Our passing was shocking at times but 3 points and an unhappy Fergie on the touchline at times, you just know he won't let the lads who let us down tonight forget it. VDS made some vital stops which lesser keepers would have let go in, so who cares if he made 1 mistake.

Good game to watch, keeps us on our toes. Didn't expect Newcastle to put up so much of a fight and is it me, or is Vidic out of the Terminator? :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #251 ·
Uncomfortable for most of the game.
But still, 3 more points in the bag,
another step closer to 18.
:first::first::first:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you're right Sal. not to comfortable, but still 3 points. it was an away game, and always a hard ground to win on(except last season). Congratulations to the lads and realy hope VDS will forget about his mistake and get back to his clean sheets.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Anybody notice how many square balls we played at the back today that were almost intercepted for clear breaks? Must have been 10 at least. :eek:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
MOTM

Went for Park coz he doesn't get the credit he deserves IMO. Could ahve gone for Carrick on the otherhand...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
I didn't think we played all that well really but we got the result so I'm happy with that. In a way it was good that we conceded early because it gave us time to recover, and we certainly did. Great goal by Rooney, albeit with a slight deflection. How anyone can think Tevez is on a par with Wayne is beyond me. They're world's apart.

Keeping Rooney fit will be key to securing the premiership and doing well in the Champions League in my opinion. Inter will suffer if Rooney starts.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
manutd004 said:
This will be trickier than people are suggesting in this thread. Newcastle will be up for this game, and I expect them to get physical as they did against Everton.
*Cough*

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
it was a hard earnt 3 points and i expected utd to be a little lacklustre tonight after the cup final on sunday it happens to loads of teams ,so to get the 3 points was a job well done in my books although i thought the 3 subs would have entered the game instead of just the 1 in injury time.

241 - 260 of 270 Posts