Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match

261 - 270 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
I voted for Vidic as MOTM. To be honest, when he got yellow he stoped Martins to get in a position to score. But I voted mostlly because he had very bad injury, his face was diferent, lol, but he still continue to play and that`s the time when he started to play more agressiv. I know that I am going to be only one who is going to place Vida as a MOTM. And I agree with most of you, Park should have more time to play because he is Team player and he is the player like Gatuzo in Milan, he has great stamina. I love players that are going to die for every ball, and he is one of them.

·
Banned
836 Posts
It's been a great day for all United fans, especially me. Why? because I'm a United fan who lives in Gateshead, which is opposite the river from Newcastle.

I managed to get to the Gateshead Hilton Hotel today at 4:30pm, just before United set off to St. James's Park for the game.

I saw all the players, Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Ji Sung Park, Welbeck, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov and Eckersley. I also saw Albert Morgan, the kit manager, Rene Meulensteen, Robert Swires and ofcourse Sir Alex Ferguson, who was completely mobbed by Newcastle fans for autographs, the b**t***s pushed him too much, he fled into the coach, and I never got a chance to get his autograph.

I had to push through several Newcastle fans, just to get a chance of an autograph, everytime a United player came through the doors.

However, I did get Michael Carrick's autograph and Rene Meulensteen's autograph. Look below:-

Giggsy and Rooney saw me cheering them on and singing to them when they were on the coach, as the coach was departing from the hotel, they smiled and gave me a thumbs up! :D

I also made a phone call into MUTV's 'Match Day Live', after the game, and I expressed my delight at United winning at Newcastle. Unfortunately I couldn't record it due to techincal difficulties:-

"Unfortunately, I didn't get a ticket to see the game, but I did manage to go to to the hotel where the United players were staying, and I managed to get Carrick's autograph, so I'm delighted. It's always great to see Newcastle lose, especially when they lose to a team like United. And it's great because living in Newcastle myself and supporting United, makes it so much sweeter."

After taking so much stick for being a Man United fan before this game, I'll be happy tomorrow morning and will undoubtedly be rubbing it into my mates who are Newcastle fans.

Ah just desserts! Well done United! Seven points clear at the top, happy days!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Interesting fact number 76845.8

13 years ago today.

Newcastle 0 Man Utd 1.

Bracodes were all over utd in the first half.
Smeichel had probaly the best game I've ever seen a keeper play.
One of the all-time great performances by anyone, anywhere.
Phil neville cross to King Eric who smashed home from close range after about an hour gone.

Oh yes, what a wonderful day.

Tuesday 4th March 1996.

Tuesday 4th March 2009.

I think i like Tuesday 4th March for some reason.:)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Interesting fact number 76845.8

13 years ago today.

Newcastle 0 Man Utd 1.

Bracodes were all over utd in the first half.
Smeichel had probaly the best game I've ever seen a keeper play.
One of the all-time great performances by anyone, anywhere.
Phil neville cross to King Eric who smashed home from close range after about an hour gone.

Oh yes, what a wonderful day.

Tuesday 4th March 1996.

Tuesday 4th March 2009.

I think i like Tuesday 4th March for some reason.:)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
good one! :eek:fftopic2: also, ten years ago in the treble season, prob been mentioned, we had inter at this stage in CL. other opponents (bayern, juve) from tht season are still in this yrs:) pattern?

·
Banned
875 Posts
I voted for Park because he was superb on right side with Oshea he was involved with most os our attacking move and he reacted quickly to punish Taylor's mistake he was GOD LIKE TODAY :p

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
MOTM for me is rooney, scored the first and made the second pretty much, park was a very close second though he worked his socks off and what a pass for berbatov to tap home the winner although as a team we didn't play to well in general but were better than newcastle on the night :thumbsup: :)

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
It's been a great day for all United fans, especially me. Why? because I'm a United fan who lives in Gateshead, which is opposite the river from Newcastle.

I managed to get to the Gateshead Hilton Hotel today at 4:30pm, just before United set off to St. James's Park for the game.

I saw all the players, Van der Sar, O'Shea, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Carrick, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Ji Sung Park, Welbeck, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov and Eckersley. I also saw Albert Morgan, the kit manager, Rene Meulensteen, Robert Swires and ofcourse Sir Alex Ferguson, who was completely mobbed by Newcastle fans for autographs, the b**t***s pushed him too much, he fled into the coach, and I never got a chance to get his autograph.

I had to push through several Newcastle fans, just to get a chance of an autograph, everytime a United player came through the doors.

However, I did get Michael Carrick's autograph and Rene Meulensteen's autograph. Look below:-

Giggsy and Rooney saw me cheering them on and singing to them when they were on the coach, as the coach was departing from the hotel, they smiled and gave me a thumbs up! :D

I also made a phone call into MUTV's 'Match Day Live', after the game, and I expressed my delight at United winning at Newcastle. Unfortunately I couldn't record it due to techincal difficulties:-

"Unfortunately, I didn't get a ticket to see the game, but I did manage to go to to the hotel where the United players were staying, and I managed to get Carrick's autograph, so I'm delighted. It's always great to see Newcastle lose, especially when they lose to a team like United. And it's great because living in Newcastle myself and supporting United, makes it so much sweeter."

After taking so much stick for being a Man United fan before this game, I'll be happy tomorrow morning and will undoubtedly be rubbing it into my mates who are Newcastle fans.

Ah just desserts! Well done United! Seven points clear at the top, happy days!

Isn't it great being a Utd fan in the North East :) It's great Going to the local with the red outfit on and see the faces of the black and white losers. Sure, I've been punched a few times, it's still good pissing them off though.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
One of my local pubs was showing the game on some German channel so I watched it in there and had a few pints. It was packed out and everyone in there was supporting Man United so it had a good atmosphere.

I was still confident we would win even after Newcastle opened the scoring. I just thought they scored too early and we had plenty of time to come back and win the game.

Rooney's turn and finish was top class. The play on the wing between Park and O'Shea to set it up was also excellent.

We were a bit lucky with the winner but Taylor got his just desserts since he was lucky to be on the pitch.

Another step closer to winning the title. Bring on Liverpool!

·
Banned
836 Posts
Ron in tunnel in bust-up
Cristiano Ronaldo was involved in a furious half-time tunnel bust-up with Newcastle’s Steven Taylor last night. The Portuguese winger was fuming with the England Under-21 skipper after a clash seconds before the break. Taylor looked lucky to escape a red card, after appearing to hit Ronaldo in the side of the face and leaving the United ace stretched out on the turf. Ronaldo felt he was clobbered by Taylor, who got only a booking from ref Steve Bennett, and let fly with a verbal blast at the Toon’s style. It was claimed he said: “Your style of football is s**t". Taylor hit back and snapped: “Well you are ugly!”
Steve Brenner, The Sun

·
Registered
616 Posts
there was another incident with Steven Taylor and Bennett [the ref]said if he had seen it,
he would of sent Taylor off. :whistling:

261 - 270 of 270 Posts