Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match

21 - 40 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think we'll just scrape this one, maybe 1-0....

Sounds ludicrous i know, but yeah just think it'll be tricky!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
vds.
neville rio vidic fabio.
park carrick anderson fletcher.
rooney berbatov.

give the fresh legs a game and utd should win this comfortably.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It'll be interesting to see what team we put out. There will be a lot of tired legs after the Carling Cup Final and I'm sure players like Scholes and Tevez will be shattered.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I'd like to see this team;
- - - - - VDS - - - - - - -
Evans - Rio - Vidic - Evra
Park - Carrick - Fletch - Tosic
- - - - - - - Rooney - - - - -
- - - - - Berba - - - - - - - -

Imho 4-0, berba and a rooney hatrick i can feel it lol ;)

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I can see Ronaldo being rested for this one, he looked absolutely knackered at the end of the Carling Cup final.

Possibly could be:

Van Der Sar

O'Shea Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Park Fletcher Carrick Giggs ( I know he rarely plays left wing any more but I think its a possibility for his one)

Rooney Berbatov

Prediction: Maybe 1-0 to us

·
Registered
8 Posts
toon away

going 2 newcastle on wed nite any1 else going?wot pub are all the troops going 2 newcastle police tend 2 keep all the utd fans in 1 pub it was the weatherspoons the other year.:blink:

·
GET YOUR HEAD OUT THE PUSSY CLOUDS & IN THE GAME
2,659 Posts
I think we should rest Ronaldo as hes played the last god knows how many games!
Also rest a few others like Evra, Scholes, Evans, O'Shea who all played mid-week and the gruelling two hours yesterday! Plus with O'Shea and Evans still having slight knocks

VDS

Neville Rio Vidic Fabio

Nani Fletcher Carrick Park

Rooney Berbatov

Subs: PIG, Chester, Evra, Giggs, Anderson, Ronaldo, Tevez

·
Registered
458 Posts
I'd like to see this team;
- - - - - Berba - - - - - - - -

Imho 4-0, berba and a rooney hatrick i can feel it lol ;)
:wave1::first::specool:Agree:specool::specool:

·
Banned
875 Posts
- - - - - Berba -
cool team :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I doubt Tosic will play tbh.

This will be trickier than people are suggesting in this thread. Newcastle will be up for this game, and I expect them to get physical as they did against Everton.

I'll post my team on Wednesday once there's a better idea of who's fit.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Got a fair few lads spare from the game at the weekend, I'm guessing Rooney will be back. I wouldn't expect too many changes but a fair few as some key players like Berba, Carrick and VDS were rested on Sunday.

IMO ...

VDS

O'Shea Rio Vida Evra

Ronaldo Carrick Fletcher Park

Berba Rooney

Should comfortably be able to beat Newcastle unlike at the beginning of the season :rolleyes: I'd go for 3-0, they might score actually 3-1.

Where's Wes Brown these days did I miss something? He came back and then sort of disappeared??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Newcastle are fighting for their EPL lives - this could be a misstep if we let our guard down. I hope to see two, maybe three strikers on the field in this game

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yep, agree with that. They have to play us, Chelsea and Arsenal and are now very near the drop zone with time running out. We'd be foolish to underestimate them. Hopefully Fergie will make losts of changes to give players time to recover from the League Cup. This may be hard very physical game.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
i guess ferguson will put a stronger team tmr than this coming saturday.

vds
neville rio vidic evra
park carrick fletcher ronaldo
rooney berbatov

rio, evra, ronaldo would then be rested this weekend.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
i guess ferguson will put a stronger team tmr than this coming saturday.

vds
neville rio vidic evra
park carrick fletcher ronaldo
rooney berbatov

rio, evra, ronaldo would then be rested this weekend.
Yep Yang, I think you nailed it. We need this win, don't want to give chelski a sniff of hope.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Why is this game not being televised? I'm suprised about this though. I would love to watch the game in Newcastle but being a Man Utd fan, it would probably not be a good idea.

I'm hopefully going to see United come out of the Gateshead Hilton hotel, it's driving me crazy knowing that they arrived last night and they are actually staying in the same town I live in. Hopefully, I will go and see them leave the hotel before they beat Newcastle to shreds.

Prediction will be United 3-0 Newcastle :D

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Wayne Rooney has shaken off a virus to be available for Manchester United's trip to Newcastle United.

Rooney missed Sunday's Carling Cup win over Tottenham Hotspur due to illness, but has trained on Monday and Tuesday.

He will be in the squad for Wednesday's game at St James' Park and the striker could renew his partnership with Dimitar Berbatov up front.

Ferguson said on Sky Sports News: "He's fine. He trained yesterday, he trained today and he will be available for tomorrow."

John O'Shea is United's only injury worry for the game after the versatile Irishman was substituted in the Carling Cup final due to an ongoing heel problem.
Tough game

"We took him off on Sunday as he's still got a problem with his heel," said Ferguson.

"It settled down after a day or so, and we will put some new insoles in his boot to see if that helps.

"He should be okay and, other than that, everyone is fine for tomorrow and we look forward to a very tough game."

Berbatov, Michael Carrick, Darren Fletcher and Park Ji-sung are all expected to return to the United team, with Ferguson admitting the Wembley pitch had an impact on the players who faced Spurs.

He added: "It was a heavy pitch, surprisingly heavy. You associate Wembley with a fantastic playing surface, but as you all saw, it was heavy and it was greasy with players slipping a lot.

"It took its toll on the players, we had tired players by the end of the match, but we have some freshness tomorrow.

"We've got Dimitar, we've got Michael Carrick and Anderson, who didn't play a full game. We've got Darren Fletcher, Ji-sung Park and Wayne Rooney, so we're not so bad."

Sky Sports | Football | News | Rooney fit for United

21 - 40 of 270 Posts