Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match

41 - 60 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
He will play a strong team,he wont mess around with a Prem Lge game,it wont be a walkover,could be another 0-1 to the champions. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Van der Sar
Neville Evans Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Carrick Fletcher Park
Berbatov Rooney

Prediction :
0-2 to United
Rooney x2;)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Tbf, we've had our last 2 games (Inter & Spurs) on TV and at the weekend Fulham v Utd is on telly. They can't show every United game. It's a shame that it's the one in your home town that gets missed out but that's life.
Why the hell not though? We are in the information age, right? I mean here in the states your local basic cable package shows all your local sports teams for the most parts.

I mean for baseball, I have access to 1/2 the Cubs games, all Cardinals games, 1/2 the Astros games, 1/2 the Rangers games, 1/2 the braves games, and not to mention all the national games on ESPN.

In NBA, I get all the OKC thunder games (local team), all Dallas Mavericks games, and plenty of others, not to mention all the national coverage as well.

The NFL you get your local teams game every week as well. Why the hell can't English TV have better sports coverage. If I lived in England it would be an outrage to me.

I could go down the list and even talk about all the local college teams (American college football, both men's and women's basketball, and college baseball) that I get as well, and that is through the basic cable package.

Sorry to hijack the thread, just don't understand why it isn't a bigger outrage in England. :blink:

LOL...you just Marty'd Marty...:rofl:
http://www.manutdtalk.com/forums/280613-post39.html :rtfm::rofl:

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Does anyone think tosic will start or even play, i mean ron and nani both played the full 120 minutes on sunday so i'd imagine they will be rested or on the bench. i would love it if tosic was starting i really want to see what he's made of.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Why the hell not though? We are in the information age, right? I mean here in the states your local basic cable package shows all your local sports teams for the most parts.
The Premier League spreads the TV coverage pot so that every team in the Premier League gets a share. The rights package Sky and Setanta buy only allows them to show a certain number of games (e.g. no 3pm Saturday kick offs) so they have to pick and choose who to show. Fans of other teams would be furious if all United games were shown and only a few including their club were televised.

In America they have regional programming for different states but the only TV companies that have regional programming in the UK is BBC and ITV. Neither show much football. However, when they do e.g. Champions League ITV1 will show either United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea depending on where you live.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Does anyone think tosic will start or even play, i mean ron and nani both played the full 120 minutes on sunday so i'd imagine they will be rested or on the bench. i would love it if tosic was starting i really want to see what he's made of.
mite be on bench as he didnt play full 90 for the reserves monday. more likely park to start, but i agree id like to see him given some playin time to prepare him for a bigger role next season.:D

·
Registered
773 Posts
if ronaldo get booked in this match...then that will be the best time for him...he will miss the f.a. cup....then i'll be happy....march will be our busies month...

·
Registered
782 Posts
So far I've seen him only in the FA Cup as a substitute (I think). He was just like any other player in that particular game (bad).
I would like to see him, too, but I doubt he'll play from the beginning. He might be involved when we'll be leading 3:0, though :D.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
The Premier League spreads the TV coverage pot so that every team in the Premier League gets a share. The rights package Sky and Setanta buy only allows them to show a certain number of games (e.g. no 3pm Saturday kick offs) so they have to pick and choose who to show. Fans of other teams would be furious if all United games were shown and only a few including their club were televised.

In America they have regional programming for different states but the only TV companies that have regional programming in the UK is BBC and ITV. Neither show much football. However, when they do e.g. Champions League ITV1 will show either United/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea depending on where you live.
I understand all that, I just don't see why it is acceptable. That is what I meant by it. If everyone starts sending emails and phone calls demanding that they have their local games provided, you would think that might show the Premier League that they are screwing up. Then if that doesn't work, boycott them. Money talks, BS walks. It is just fascinating to me that the number one sport in your country has such awful coverage. Seems like the least popular sports here have better coverage on basic channels.

(There are ways of boycotting them and not missing the match. Streaming, going to the pub...)

41 - 60 of 270 Posts