1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope that the team will be:

---------------------------------------VDS-------------------------------------

-------Brown--------Ferdinand------------Vidic-------------O'Shea------

---------Park-----------Carrick-------------Scholes--------Giggs---------

-----------------------------------------Rooney-------------------------------

-------------------------------Saha--------------------------------------------

I know many ppl over here will blast me b'coz of this line-up but do u noe that United will be playing 3 games in the space of just 8 days, against Fulham, Olympique Lyon then Portsmouth. As Lyon are a very attacking side, we shall need the likes of Owen Hargreaves to protect the back 4 & Carlos Tevez needs a rest after playing so many games for us. It's the right time for Louis Saha to gt a starting-XI spot alongside Rooney, which the strike-partnership work out exceptionally well @ the beginning of last season. Also, it's worth noting that Fulham possessed giant strikers with powerful physique like Brian McBride & Heldar Helgusson so i choose O'Shea ahead of Patrice Evra as we need more height in defence. Ronaldo, Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves & Tevez all to be rested for the game against Lyon & Portsmouth. Last but not least, 3-0 to United with goals coming from Rooney x2 & Saha. Our great strength in depth will help us to prevail !! ;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I know we needed a late winner from Ronaldo last season but surely it will be easier this season. Fulham must be 2nd favourites to be relegated (Derby 1st!!!) and they are in such poor form at the moment they can hardly buy a goal, let alone a point.

I think United will win 3-0. I can see Rooney, Ronaldo...and Saha :eek: getting on the scoresheet.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saha will score, trust me! My gut instinct reckon' that he will score at least a goal @ Craven Cottage, and if he feature for the whole match, he will bag a brace or more. ;)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
saha will be assisted by rooney, rooney always try to set up his strike partner.
and still, i would take any victory, and we still got to be aware of jimmy bullard, the guy does have some quality

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I predict a total walkover. 4-0 at the minimum. I wouldn't be surprised if the score was much Higher.
I'd also rest Tevez for this game.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Finally a 3 O'Clock kick-off! I'd like to see this team start: VDS, Brown, Rio, Vidic (providing no injury, if injured Pique), Evra (Again, providing no injury, if not O'Shea), Ronaldo, Anderson, Carrick, Nani, Rooney, Tevez.

Tough one to decide who partners Anderson but Carrick is on form at the moment. Saha, Hargreaves, Scholes, Giggs, Park and Fletcher all not in this starting elleven, shows the strength in deph we have.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
4-0 maybe more afterall we beat newcastle 6-0 and 5-1 in the space of a month. Hopefully some more goals for wazza, tevez nani and dare i say it anderson. But agree with rd4l SAF will have to rest a rest a few players for lyon and portsmouth so nani and oshea and maybe park or fletcher to start ronnie and evra and maybe carrick rested and hargo may come in hopefully :)

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
rooneyNo10 said:
4-0 maybe more afterall we beat newcastle 6-0 and 5-1 in the space of a month. Hopefully some more goals for wazza, tevez nani and dare i say it anderson. But agree with rd4l SAF will have to rest a rest a few players for lyon and portsmouth so nani and oshea and maybe park or fletcher to start ronnie and evra and maybe carrick rested and hargo may come in hopefully :)

we ave 2 rest a few players wit the Lyon on game on Tuseday we should play ronaldo fulham will not ease. Last season ronaldo scored the winner in the last minute. I would play Saha could be a big player if he stays fit 4 us. But i tink we ave 2 much clas 2 beat fulham

·
Registered
26 Posts
My guess is that Evra will be rested and O'Shea will come on in his place. Hargreaves or most probably Fletcher will partner Carrick in midfield and Giggsy will return in place of Nani.

Ronaldo should most likely start but come off later. I also think that Pique will start in place of Vidic and maybe Simpson will later take over RB position with Brown taking over Rio's position.

It's a bad time to play relegation-threatened teams and they'll come at us like wounded animals. However, we will have enough class to put through at least 2 goals past them without reply provided we don't concede silly freekicks near the box. That was our bane against teams like West Ham.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
This to me should be three points added to our tally, although,
set out with the wrong frame of mind and we may not be
smiling come 18:00 on Saturday. Arsenal are going through a
rough patch and we need to keep that pressure on them
because it seems to be working. Fulham aren't doing well but
they do pose threats and toppled Villa recently who aren't the
easiest team to brush aside.

My line-up:

--------------------------------------Van Der Sar-----------------------------------------
-
-----O'Shea---------------Vidic-----------------Ferdinand-------------------Evra-----
-
--------------------------------------Hargreaves-----------------------------------------
-
-------------Fletcher---------------Scholes-------------------Anderson---------------
-
----------------------------Rooney-------------Tevez------------------------------------

Bench: Kusczazk, Nani, Brown, Ronaldo, Saha

Let me guess, you see Ronaldo on the bench and wonder
why. Well, I think Fergie will want to rest him with the return
leg against Lyon not too far away. Leave him on the bench and
if needs be, call him on. I think Carrick will be preferred
next week, so Hargreaves will get a game on Saturday
in my opinion. With the back four, if it 'ain't broke, don't fix it!
It's a solid defence and Fulham will have to do well to breach
our line. Rooney will play to me, because I think Fergie
knows that he's the focal point. Sure Ronaldo is taking all
the limelight, but Wayne's our catalyst and the facts are there
in black and white, we loose if he doesn't play! Take him off
later and give Saha a run and let him show that he's still
around.

Fulham, do have threats most notably, Jimmy Bullard who
is their danger man in my eyes. If we can keep a close eye on
this guy we should diminish their attacking options. And
remember, he's only coming back into first team action so he
wont be at tip-top shape for the game. Only the one win in
their last five league games, so they'll undoubtedly, like
everyone else, raise their game for the visit of the Champions.

Man Utd danger man: Wayne Rooney
Fulham danger man: Jimmy Bullard

Prediction: 0 - 4

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
i predict 3-0 to United.Ronaldo and Rooney to start ,but subbed off to prevent any risk of injury or fatigue.Saha to play a major role in this match.Really hope anderson gets a goal.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
3 points is all that matters to me, we cannot be messing with the team too much imo at this stage of the season, we're still 3 points behind and though we have lyon coming up the relegation teams will fight just as hard as anyone for each and every ball. I hope our class shows!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.