Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match

21 - 40 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Keano! said:
. We could win this very
comprehensivly provided we do our job right!
Its still the lucky Scousers in Anfield so dont count your chickens.
They certainly cant be underestimated and we know they are lucky bastads :rolleyes:
Id take a scruffy 1-0 right now.....I still think we will win but it wont be easy.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
as much confidence as i have in united, whenever i pose in these match day thread...more often than not, im nervous lol...yet you all always seem to be so optimistic!! lol

I hope we win!! I dont care who scores, what score etc! just win united!!

pz

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Liverfool are without captain Stevie Me. Rio needs to pocket Torres and the match should be ours.

line up:
-------V.D.S------
wes rio vidic evra
hargo carrick scholes nani
------rooney tevez----

prediction:
Liverpool1
Manchester United 2

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
This is a MUST WIN!!!
I can't stand the Scousers and if they beat us it will be so humiliating!
I think we can get the 3 points and if worst comes to worst 1 point will do.

My team would be:

-------------------VDS---------------------

--Wes------Rio-----------Vidic----------Evra--

---Hargo----Scholes-----Carrick----Nani---

-------Berbatov----------Rooney--------

Bench:
Kuszack
G. Neville
O'Shea
Giggs
Fletcher
Anderson
Tevez

Tevez comes on for either striker depending on performance.
Anderson comes on for Scholesy.
Giggs on for Nani.
All subs 2nd half after like 60th min mark.

If Berba is not ours by tomorrow then Tevez would take his place in the starting line up and the bench would be filled up by someone else.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Torres went off with a hamstring injury so hopefully him AND Gerrard will be out.
Even if one or both of them makes the game, they will have missed out on training
etc...so wont be as fit as they could be. Their only 2 good players as well haha

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Torres is an idiot.

::takes Torres aside::

Fernando, what part about score a hat trick and lose 4-3 don't you understand?!!? What part of that says "get injured, thus crippling my fantasy team"?

:: punches Torres in head ::

Anyway, kind of glad he's hurt too, since Robbie Keane looks worse than I do in the forward department, plus Gerrard's gone so nobody will be able to set the table for him. So, if they're banking on "Dirk Kuyt to the Rescue!" again, I'm about as giddy as a young lad on Christmas morning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey all its gonna be a hard match against liverpool at anfield but hopefuly rooney will be good and hopefuly score a goal the important thing to keep an eye on tores if we do we'll win the match

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
Torres faces spell on sidelines

Liverpool have confirmed star striker Fernando Torres will be out of action for between 'two and three weeks'.
The Spain international limped off during the Reds' 0-0 draw with Aston Villa on Sunday, a sight which would have caused great concern to Rafa Benitez and all connected with the club.
It has now been revealed that the 24-year-old suffered a hamstring tear at Villa Park and is facing a frustrating spell on the sidelines.
The forward has been withdrawn from his country's squad to face Bosnia and Armenia in World Cup qualifiers next week, while there are concerns he may miss Liverpool's next Premier League fixture - against Manchester United on 13th September.
A statement by a club spokesman released on the Reds' official website read as follows: "A scan this afternoon has confirmed a hamstring tear in Fernando's right leg.
"He is expected to be out for between two and three weeks."

this is a good news for us

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
This is great news lol
Looks like him and Gerrard will be out. They dont stand a chance of beating us.
Thanks Ritesh.
(Ill merge this to Matchday thread later)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
with m respect to Torres who is probably the best striker in the EPL
he is not dangerous as Ferdinand always and will always OWE him :p

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Liverpool will definitely be without Torres for the game and Gerrard is racing to gain fitness after a groin operation....

·
Registered
523 Posts
El Nino Out For Crucial United Showdown

Liverpool have confirmed what Reds fans feared most: their star striker will be out for the key Premier League clash with north west rivals Manchester United.

As soon as the international fixtures this weekend and next Wednesday come to an end, Manchester United visit Anfield, and Liverpool were hoping to have Fernando Torres back from injury.

However, an earlier scan indicated that the Spanish striker will not be back to full fitness until the end of the month.

Liverpool's official club spokesman told journalists today: "A scan this afternoon has confirmed a hamstring tear in Fernando's right leg. He is expected to be out for between two and three weeks."

Steven Gerrard is also a doubt for the United fixture.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I'd be surprised if Gerrard didn't play some part in the game although yeah he won't be at full fitness,i hope Torres really is out and their not just saying :p With him out they lack any strength up front as Robbie Keane doesn't really look like the real deal :|

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
torres OUT!!!
gerrard OUT!!! (maybe?!?!)

Berbatov IN!!!!!!!

Liverpool are there for the taking. Not looked at all convincing this season and two biggest players could be out. This is the game where our season truly begins.

·
Banned
83 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA TORRES OUT !!!!!!!!! GERRARD OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND GUESS WHAT IT'S NOT EVEN THE BEST NEWS HAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAKE A LOOK AT THE BEST NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAN YOU SEE HIM??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES THAT'S BERBAGOD, [hopefully he don't get injured too,touch wood!!!!!!!]​

21 - 40 of 417 Posts