Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match

401 - 417 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
whats your beef with anderson? he didnt have the greatest game sure but hes still a world class player

and also as i have made bold reframe from using the team 'man u' as it is used as a offence to us
He wasn't "beefing" anderson, he was complaining about the system. Which he is right about, our system was wrong. And lets be honest, Anderson is hardly known to be a goal scorer is he. Having netted a nice zero since he signed for us!

Also I don't take offence to the term (you did mean term i think, not team?) man u. I don't really see why anyone should. If you take offence to that, you take offence too easily imo. And yeah i know lots of fans feel the same about this with you, it just personally doesn't bother me at all.

So yeah, let the new bloke have his say.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
RichardsReds said:
He wasn't "beefing" anderson, he was complaining about the system. Which he is right about, our system was wrong. And lets be honest, Anderson is hardly known to be a goal scorer is he. Having netted a nice zero since he signed for us!

Also I don't take offence to the term (you did mean term i think, not team?) man u. I don't really see why anyone should. If you take offence to that, you take offence too easily imo. And yeah i know lots of fans feel the same about this with you, it just personally doesn't bother me at all.

So yeah, let the new bloke have his say.
thats fair enough mate to each there own and im not going to argue with you on the case of the man u like you said people feel different about the term :eek:

and yeah he was right about the system it was all over the place, and anderson shouldnt really be used as a goal getter cause he isnt one yet although i beleive it mite come for him, it just seemed he was picking him out of the bunch really but tbh the whole team didnt perform

anyway far play for sticking up for him i respect that :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I definitely wasn't complaining about Anderson, I think he is an amazing player and we are so lucky to have him. My comment was simply that:

1. Of the starting eleven today he is probably the only one that isn't yet recognized world wide as a top calibre player (but will be soon)
2. I didn't really understand after all the hype about Berbatov why it always seemed to be his job to be out in front, running at the Reina, etc. Made no sense to me. I can only assume it is because the boy can run full out for 90 minutes.

Even though I've been a fan for fifteen years I am totally clueless about the 'Man U' insult. Must be because I live in Canada. If anyone can fill me in I'd appreciate it. Last thing I want to do is go ****ing people off.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Skye_Fan said:
I definitely wasn't complaining about Anderson, I think he is an amazing player and we are so lucky to have him. My comment was simply that:

1. Of the starting eleven today he is probably the only one that isn't yet recognized world wide as a top calibre player (but will be soon)
2. I didn't really understand after all the hype about Berbatov why it always seemed to be his job to be out in front, running at the Reina, etc. Made no sense to me. I can only assume it is because the boy can run full out for 90 minutes.

Even though I've been a fan for fifteen years I am totally clueless about the 'Man U' insult. Must be because I live in Canada. If anyone can fill me in I'd appreciate it. Last thing I want to do is go ****ing people off.

ahh fair enough mate sorry for having a pop, as you can imagin im not in the greatest ever moods lol

and you do have a very fair point about anderson he isnt there quite yet but as you so rightly say he will be

and yeah i think sadly we really need to drop rooney or tevez to make the berbatov target man work

tevez or rooney should close down not berbatov like you said

but im not going to write the system off yet after all we were against liverpool at anfield its not the easyest place to go and try somthing new and sadly that thing new came round and bit us in the back

and as for the 'man u' thing it was somthing liverpool and other fans sung about the munich air disaster, they made it in a song or somthing very dissrespectful

if i could find what the song was id post it but i cant im sure some one knows it and dont worry your not ****ing anyone off your views and comments are welcome :) :D

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Skye_Fan said:
(I already posted some of this but realized it was in a thread no one is likely to read.)

When the game started, on paper, I didn't think they'd have a chance. Every one of our starters today (except Anderson) are world class and, of their starting eleven, I would have only said that about Alonso, Maescherano and Carragher. When we opened with the goal I figured that was it, especially with such an incredible eleven. God was I wrong.

I not only think we should be able to complain loudly about this game, I think it is imperative (if only for my mental stability):

1. Everyone knows it is the head-to-head match-ups among the big four that decide the title and we lost the one away match we were most likely to claim 3 points from (remember the margin last year).
2. Save for Ronaldo, we had our best possible team out there and we stunk.
3. We were utterly exhausted within 30 minutes. Of the starters only Rooney, Ferdinand, Berbatov, Brown and Vidic had the qualifiers to blame. With the number of competitions going on, our stars better get used to playing on 3 days rest.
4. We looked utterly outclassed and immature by the weakest of the big four, missing by far their two most important players.
5. Despite having our three best holding midfielders on the field, not one of them did any holding. Liverpool seemed to dominate central possesion. I really don't know how. Credit goes to Alonso I guess.

I have no doubt we'll recoup and SAF, VDS and Giggs will avoid the same mistakes but it was really disappointing.

Lastly, does anyone want to tell me why, despite the presence of the three of the world's best strikers, Anderson seemed more often than not to be the most forward player? A teenager who has never scored for Man U. What a screwed up game.

Yuck.

All valid points.

The players didn't show up and it was a horrible game. After 3 minutes I was so happy until Edwin's error, but in truth we played poorly and deserve to lose. And I dpn't say that often.

Scholes and Carrick seem their usual self and the passing was very shoddy.

·
Registered
734 Posts
RFR agree with you their again bud, unfortunately it did seem like we didnt show up and did no way deserve to win, with passing like ours today we wouldnt win an argument. we will buck up soon hopefully.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
seen match in full once and motd twice now and we lost the game yesterday because anderson and scholes were not at the races . the space they gave liverpool to play in was criminal . anderson did look yards off his usual pace and scholes looked as if saf had warned him pre game about his dodgy tackling . as soon as carrick picked up his knock the die was cast . vidic had his worst game for united as well . all this said how like united would it be to beat chelsea at the bridge to end the record ?

·
Registered
566 Posts
good news john terry also received a red card in the match against city.
chelsea doesnt have a reliable backup central defender imo.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Alex is quite good never really been given the chance. I'm more worried about our back four. I think brown will move to centre back with rio and rafael will be given the chance.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
abojodeh said:
happy now fergie :mad: ?

i will cut my both hands if we will win a trophy this season or even be in the big 4
What is it with you? Look at this:

2007 September: playing crap, 17th in league - what did we win?
2008 September; playing crap, 13th in league - what will we win - who knows

Having a whinge is one thing, but grow up Abo? There is only three others games I hate losing apart from this one - Both Citeh's and LFC at OT.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We deserved to lose so no complaints on that front. 2 bad mistakes cost us
and its always the pits to lose against the Scousers.
Watching it with 4 mates who support Pool wasnt that much fun either :rolleyes:
but we must dust ourselves off and move on.

Remember this time last season? 2 points from 3 games and we have 4 from 3 now.
Look what we ended up winning then, so for some of us to fly off the handle
and lose all hope (Abo) is just a bit premature and silly tbh.

There is plenty of fight left in the team and its a long season ahead. We always
play **** a few times a season and this is one of those times.
Its very disappointing but these things will happen. Liverpool had the fight
in them, and our winning record against them recently was always gonna come
to an end, and it happened yesterday.

Ronaldo being out was clearly a huge problem but now that he is back we will
have the width and pace that we have been lacking in recent games.

We have a couple of tough games on the horizon but we are the Champions
of Europe and will live to fight another day.:)

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
now that the initial anger is out of the way , looking back i think fergie dropped a clanger when carrick came off and he replaced him with giggs should have put hargreaves on as we were being overun in midfield at the time , and also fergie was just like us fans he got excited and picked all 3 forwards (i thought wow this looks great on paper)when he should have flooded the midfield like previous seasons.
still the dippers deserved it and you generally get what you deserve , they were more energetic than us in all areas and we were very flat and lacking their drive.
i guess its just nit picking in the end we just have to accept the defeat and move on

·
Registered
26 Posts
I agree with you Red Devil. There is no doubt this game was terrible but we are stronger and deeper than all 3 of the other teams in every area except maybe on our depth of defence (have to give that one to Chelsea).

Chelsea: The loss of Essien is really big. With Ballack out they are actually somewhat thin in midfield (I never thought I'd ever say that). They got rid of a ton of players (Shevchenko, ****aro, Makelele, Wright-Phillips, Sidwell, etc.) and added only a few (which wasn't necessarily a bad thing). Where I think they are really strong is on the back line with quality depth at every position. Overall though I think we have better strikers, better midfielders and more depth in goal.

Arsenal: Although they have looked really good so far (except against Fulham) they are paper thin everywhere except up front (once Eduardo returns). A few key injuries and there are only teenagers to cover. Also it doesn't help that Adebayor is looking more and more like a nut job.

Liverpool: Yesterday notwithstanding I think this team is worse than last year's version. They have got 5 or 6 really good players and then the rest of the team is made up of less proven players, average players and kids. Just like Arsenal. If the stars stay healthy and on form they can do it but everyone knows what can and will happen throughout 4 competitions and internationals (see last year).

With Chelsea losing Essien and missing out on Robinho I really believe as it stands we are the only team with enough quality depth to grind it out through the long season. The worst thing that could happen is for one of the other three to be knocked out of the Champions League early and then focus only on the league.

Lastly, SAF will have to keep a close eye on what is going on with Neville (looks terrible so far), the DaSilva kids and Evans. We will definitely need contributions from some of them or SAF may have to add a defender in the winter. Otherwise it is hard to imagine us needing anything.

Keep your head up abo, it is a very long season and we really do have an incredible team (the best I have seen as a fan and I am 40).

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Everyone has been pretty cheesed off with the result but there was little mention
of what was an amazing goal from Tevez. Great pass from Anderson to Berba
who found Tevez who buried it into the corner. What a gem of a goal, which will
unfortunately be forgotten because of the result.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Gutted.

After we took the early lead I was confident we'd go on to win by 2-3. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I told my Scouse supporting mates. Wow, that came back to bite me on the butt :rolleyes:

After the first 10 minutes, the Scousers looked the better side. VDS had a really bad day at the office and I felt sorry for Brown because the own goal was not his fault. For the 2nd goal, why Giggs didn't just play the ball out for a corner I'll never know but we gifted both goals to Liverpool.

2 very costly defensive errors. :(

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
ya, i thought we would go on and steamroll the scousers after the first goal. but they players just took a step back after the 15th minute mark and let the scousers threw themselves all over us. we are well capable of beating them by quite a nmber of goals, and record the most convincing win over the scousers at anfield for a number of years. in the end, we all know what happened. it shows that you just cant win a match even against derby if you do not show enough desire to do so.

401 - 417 of 417 Posts