Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'll be sat in the NE quadrant for this one. I'm taking Wednesday afternoon off work so I can get there early. I'll have to get a taxi home from Preston though because there are no trains back to Lancaster late on weeknights.

I was at the 4-1 win against Bolton last March. It was the game in which Gary Neville injured his ankle. It would be one of those strange coincidences in football if he makes his comeback on Wednesday.

Hopefully we'll get a similar scoreline this time. It'd do the team good to bang in a few goals and get our confidence up before Liverpool visit OT.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
one was that great 1-2 with Ronaldo I think
Yeah, that was one of the best goals I've seen at Old Trafford. The speed with which we broke from our penalty area to the other end of the pitch was devastating. One minute we were defending (a throw-in I think) and the next the ball was in Bolton's net.

Fantastic goal.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
OMG, I'm hungover. I've made 3 phone calls at work all day. Taxi from Preston to my house cost £50 because it was after midnight. I didn't get home until 1.30am.

But was it worth it? Course it was!

The game was all over 20 minutes in and we were a bit wasteful in the 2nd half but I thought we controlled the vast majority of the game. The atmosphere was good and there was a bit of banter with the Bolton fans who seemed pretty quiet for the last 70 minutes of the game! There was a loud cheer when it was announced 'Tottenham 4' and then a muted one when it was announced 'Chelsea 4'.

There was a group of kids sat behind me who seemed to giggle everytime I drunkenly shouted 'TACKLE HIM!' or 'YOU MUST BE JOKING REF!' which I found quite amusing. There seemed to be a few people dotted around in the NE quadrant willing to start chants, myself included, so that was good....except I kept forgetting the words to the new Anderson chant!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.