Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Bolton couldn't beat Wigan (who had 10 men for 85 mins) in a relegation battle
today. Things arent looking great for Bolton and Id be very surprised if they
got anything out of the game. They are really struggling without Anelka
and are still trying to blood in new signings, which isnt going to plan.
3 points is a must in this game. We need to take advantage of our table position.
Its in our own hands now and we have to take our chances.
Its a late game so hopefully the crowd will have a few pints on them
and get into full voice.
Prediction 3-0
but if we score in first 10 mins it could be a cricket score.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
at home it should be 3 pts. we need to put in a convincing performance as a signal to the scumsters at the weekend that we are on top of our game after two not so effective performances. Hoping 3-0 but the performance is key ready for easter sunday showdown.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
we've squandered too many chances in our previous games and it time to get that killer instinct rolling back up again.My prediction is 4-1 this time round.But more importantly,looking for more people to get on the scoresheet other than ronaldo,but i hope he keeps on scoring

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
We really owe them one. I think we'll win easily in the
end. They're in a terrible run of form and who wants to
go to OT during such a barren run? We should be
mindful of their main men, in Nolan and Diouf. Let them
roam and we're in trouble. Overall, I see a nice sweet
three points which will cement our place at the top of
the table and leave Arsenal, no sorry Chelsea in our
wake. We've overcome the tough times and its bright
times ahead. This could be the game that really sparks
us to life after a poor showing at Pride Park. 3-0 to me
and hopefully Wazza finds the net on Wednesday.

Roll on United........

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I'll be sat in the NE quadrant for this one. I'm taking Wednesday afternoon off work so I can get there early. I'll have to get a taxi home from Preston though because there are no trains back to Lancaster late on weeknights.

I was at the 4-1 win against Bolton last March. It was the game in which Gary Neville injured his ankle. It would be one of those strange coincidences in football if he makes his comeback on Wednesday.

Hopefully we'll get a similar scoreline this time. It'd do the team good to bang in a few goals and get our confidence up before Liverpool visit OT.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
im in lower west stand(stretty) on wednesday and hoping for a cracking atmosphere.

bolton shouldn't cause that many problems at OT but united need 2 battle and they will be physical.

if we get an early goal i can see it being 4 or 5 nil...BUT we need 2 take our chances!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Bolton will be up for this one, no doubt about that. But we are at the business end of the season and we really need three points.

A win would see us 3 points ahead of Arsenal, and with Chelsea playing Spurs away, we could possibly pull a bit further away from them.

If results go our way, Wednesday could be a good night for us

red_devils4life said:
And isn't it the one where Rooney exploded into life & netted a fabulous hat-trick
against?? Let's hope history could repeat itself once again...
Rooney scored a hat-trick in the game away to Bolton in October I think it was. He did get on the score sheet twice though in the home game as well.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
red_devils4life said:
And isn't it the one where Rooney exploded into life & netted a fabulous hat-trick
against?? Let's hope history could repeat itself once again...
Nope, Rooney scored that hat-trick at the Reebok.
This game Rooney got 2 (one was that great 1-2 with Ronaldo I think)
and Park got the other 2 ;)

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
call me crazy but i think this game is equally as important as the liverpool game coming up, we have to beat bolton so we can get our 3 point lead plus we have better goal difference.

Hopefully the crowd will be buzzing since its a night game and we get an early goal because often if that happens united just start banging them in one after the other.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Bolton clash is half Derby they are stiffed in manchester we will suffer from them if we dont play good as we played v Arsenal and newcastle but if we played the same way we did last 4 matches i think of 1-0 hard win but the good news they will be without good golie and stuck with stupid AL-Habsi:)

good news for RD4 VILLA WILL MAYBE JOIN US FOR 20pound
:D

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Jazz 16 said:
Nope, Rooney scored that hat-trick at the Reebok.
This game Rooney got 2 (one was that great 1-2 with Ronaldo I think)
and Park got the other 2 ;)
Oopsies, sorry for the mistake. :eek:
Looks like my memory's failing me at such a young age!! :eek:
Anyway, Rooney loves netting against Bolton Wanderers.
Let's juz' hope that he does it again, and keep his goal-scoring
run goin' till the end of this season ;)

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.