Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
My player ratings were

1. VDS 7- did what he had to do competently given that he was a virtual spectator
. Brown-7 What a time to score your first goal in 7 years.Solid otherwise
evra-8 Immense both defensively and offensively
Ferdinand-7.5 snuffed Torres out again although had 1 or 2 hairy moments
Vidic- 7 rock as ever at the back-just a monster to play against-different class
Giggs-6 was ok but Ive said it all season-he is past it-time for him to be let go even if he falls short of the record

carrick-7 Tidy as ever and was a perfect foil for scholes/anderson as attacking midfileders. As a result we controlled possession for most of the game
Ronaldo -7 aS og said above showed maturity although not as influential as he should be in the big games for the so called best player in the world. showed character though with his goal .
Anderson-6 Thought he was below par today while his finishing was simply awful
Scholes-9 MOM. Gave a masterclass in passing and positional sense.
rooney-8.5 2 assists and a constant menace. Big games suit his temperament more than any other player in the world. Majestic

tevez- Effective and a handful when he came on 7
Nani- potential being fulfilled. Scored another delightful goal to add to his collection. A real star in the making-8

My player ratings were

1. VDS 7- did what he had to do competently given that he was a virtual spectator
. Brown-7 What a time to score your first goal in 7 years.Solid otherwise
evra-8 Immense both defensively and offensively
Ferdinand-7.5 snuffed Torres out again although had 1 or 2 hairy moments
Vidic- 7 rock as ever at the back-just a monster to play against-different class
Giggs-6 was ok but Ive said it all season-he is past it-time for him to be let go even if he falls short of the record

carrick-7 Tidy as ever and was a perfect foil for scholes/anderson as attacking midfileders. As a result we controlled possession for most of the game
Ronaldo -7 aS og said above showed maturity although not as influential as he should be in the big games for the so called best player in the world. showed character though with his goal .
Anderson-6 Thought he was below par today while his finishing was simply awful
Scholes-9 MOM. Gave a masterclass in passing and positional sense.
rooney-8.5 2 assists and a constant menace. Big games suit his temperament more than any other player in the world. Majestic

tevez- Effective and a handful when he came on 7
Nani- potential being fulfilled. Scored another delightful goal to add to his collection. A real star in the making-8

Overall-8 we're nearly there and seem to peak for the big games.Knew we would have too much class for the dippers

Rooney: Always Nice To Beat Liverpool

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=632654

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney was delighted with his team's dominating 3-0 win over Liverpool at Old Trafford on Sunday afternoon.

Nice To Beat Liverpool

Rooney was United's best performer on the day as they dismissed ten men Liverpool, and the former Everton man was pleased to put another one over the Reds.

"It's always nice to beat Liverpool and it's opened up a bit of a gap now at the top of the league," Rooney told Sky Sports.

"We know it's in our hands now - we have to try and win as many games as possible and stay top of the league.

"We've got a good mix in the dressing room and we know what we have to do between now and the end of the season." aveir

Always On Top

Javier Mascherano's sending off was a key moment in the game, but Rooney insisted that the Red Devils were always the better team.

"We were always on top," he said. "The Liverpool players were tired at the end, but overall I don't think it would have made any difference.

He himself missed a number of chances, extending his goalless streak to six games, but seemed unconcerned.

"I'm delighted with the win. I know the goals will come," he responded. "I'm not too concerned with that."

First para of Sky Sports report:

Referee Steve Bennett, at the centre of the action throughout, decided not to award a penalty to Wayne Rooney in the opening few minutes after the Manchester United striker found himself on the receiving end of a mistimed challenge from Jamie Carragher but battled to stay on his feet.
There is no such thing - Carragher has got away with another penalty tackle!!!

Liverpool could be in trouble too. A member of their coaching staff man handled the referee as they were walking off at half time. If the ref reports it??

Mummmmmmmmm!!! They beat us up, took us to de cleaners!! An' the dirty police did nuffin'!!

i'm absolutely thrilled by performance and whats ironic we could have had a three more.... oh and - had rooney just fallen down against carragher in the 1st half - a pen and a straight red - game over ! ....

A terrific performance and a great result. We dominated the game from start to finish. Rooney and Scholes were top class and I thought 3-0 was a fair result. Mascherano deserved to get his 2nd yellow for constantly questioning the ref's decisions.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.