Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Red Devil said:
Just seen Ronaldo's goal on bbc, what a flick!!! wrongfooted about 4 players, keeper had no chance.
Did you see the Villa players look back at Ronny with obvious disbelief (and awe)
as soon as it went in?.....PRICELESS! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
From the perspective of a Villa fan, I don't think we were realistically going to take anything from the match in the first place.

Throughout the match, we were outclassed and out played by a physically and mentally better team. The majority of us Villa fans are now just glad this match is over! :eek: It's always the worst game in our fixtures list.

I was impressed in particular with Anderson. He came from the bench and won possession a few times, as well as holding up and driving on. The pace of Rooney and Tevez literally exhausted Mellberg and Laursen in our central defence. United are always a good team to watch, and although I grimaced a few times today, some of the trickery was very cool.

Congratulations in advance for winning the Premiership, and I think you'll give the Champions League a good run as well. I can see you going far and possibly even winning that one too. The only word I can think of to describe Manchester United is 'untouchable'. They bring a different class to English football and the attitude is to be commended. Definitely one of the best teams in the world at present, and it's scary to think that most of the players will still be around in 8-10 years. Sir Alex Ferguson is a manager who demands respect, and you can see he's building something permanent for the future.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I hope Evra's injury is not Serious..
Great Performance..
I cant Belive:Ronaldo scored a goal and made 3 assists.
He is the best Player In the World..
Im Sure..Trust me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I will share my m.o.m. vote for two players:

and

Goals...

Fantastic goal by Ronaldo.. (this is usual for us anymore..)

Good head strike by Carlos Tevez..

·
Registered
66 Posts

C. Ronaldo maked superb assist for his friend Rooney and Rooney scores easyly..

C. Ronaldo maked assist for Rooney and Rooney scored easyly..

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
O'Neill: United Were Brilliant...Really Brilliant

http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=640178

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill graciously tipped his hat to Manchester United after his side were on the receiving end of a 4-0 battering at Old Trafford.

The defending champions were nothing short of sensational on Saturday, led by the scintillating trio of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. Villa's defenders looked in above their heads right from their start, and their coach conceded that the hosts were a different class.

"I thought United were really brilliant," he said.

"They have been in these situations many times, in the Champions League quarter-finals and going for the title.

"Their enthusiasm, determination and ability are there for all to see.

"They are a class side, no question of that.

"Many teams would have struggled like we did.

"We have real distance to go, we know that. That (United's level) is what we have to aspire to.

"Aston Villa are capable of getting in there. However, we have to start getting back to winning ways."

The Villains went into this month full of hope of finishing in the UEFA Cup qualifying places, but the results since have seriously deflated any optimism that European football will have been making a return to Villa Park next season.

·
23,699 Posts
Besides the usual headline-grabbing Ronaldo and Rooney, I am beginning to like one player which I did not really fancy before.

His name Carrick. Michael Carrick. :)

He seems to be coming on quietly without any fanfare; slowly but surely. He looks a more complete midfielder now. While he was not that great defensively in the past, sometimes even lost himself at seas, he has, in recent few games, surprised me with his solid defensive capabilities. He now reads the game well, covers the defenders properly and believe it or not, his tackles are now sharp and timely, winning the ball back pretty consistently too. Plus he then launches his spinning long ball forward fairly accurately.... What a pleasant surprise for me. Seems we may not need Hargreaves as a defensive midfielder soon if he continues to play like this. And I may have no choice but to do an appreciation thread for him.;)

Anderson/Carrick combo, anyone?

Which brings to mind another bright spark of yesterday's game. Hargreaves could well be moulded into a good rightback for us....

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
versa said:
Besides the usual headline-grabbing Ronaldo and Rooney, I am beginning to like one player which I did not really fancy before.

His name Carrick. Michael Carrick. :)

He seems to be coming on quietly without any fanfare; slowly but surely. He looks a more complete midfielder now. While he was not that great defensively in the past, sometimes even lost himself at seas, he has, in recent few games, surprised me with his solid defensive capabilities. He now reads the game well, covers the defenders properly and believe it or not, his tackles are now sharp and timely, winning the ball back pretty consistently too. Plus he then launches his spinning long ball forward fairly accurately.... What a pleasant surprise for me. Seems we may not need Hargreaves as a defensive midfielder soon if he continues to play like this. And I may have no choice but to do an appreciation thread for him.;)

Anderson/Carrick combo, anyone?

Which brings to mind another bright spark of yesterday's game. Hargreaves could well be moulded into a good rightback for us....
Good post but I think Scholesy deserves a mention too. He was imperious
yesterday and he looks like the perfect partner for Carrick.
I thought that Scholes and Carrick played as well as Rooney.
I Still cant believe we have given Rooney motm :confused:
Cmon people, it was Ronaldo by a country mile...........

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
That was one of our best performances of the season. I thought we dominated from start to finish and Villa had a couple of chances at most.

I didn't realise what Ronaldo had done until I saw the replay on MOTD - it just happened so quickly. A fantastic piece of skill - to have the audacity to try it is one thing but to execute it so perfectly is incredible.

I was really pleased to see Tevez and Rooney get on the scoresheet. It'd been a few games since either had scored. Rooney really should have had 4 but 2 will do!!

I was sat on my own during the game - my 3 mates were all sat in the south stand, but I sat next to a nice bloke who I developed a friendly rivalry with. I had an elderly couple to my left and a couple of lads to my right. The elderly lady to my left commented that I shouted louder than a foghorn :D and one of the lads on my right turned to his mate and said 'looks like you've got a bit of competition'. So we tried to outchant each other during the game!!!

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.