Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boro, little bogeys they are. This all depends on how we return from Rome I suppose. If Roma give us a hard game the lads will be tired and some changes made. I am hoping for a fully fit squad to visit The Riverside. 3 points a beggin' !!!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I'm hoping the trip to Rome won't affect us too badly for this game. We don't play until Sunday lunchtime so we have a bit of recovery time.

On paper we should beat Boro easily but we always seem to find it tough at the Riverside.

·
Registered
505 Posts
reddwarf said:
I'm hoping the trip to Rome won't affect us too badly for this game. We don't play until Sunday lunchtime so we have a bit of recovery time.

On paper we should beat Boro easily but we always seem to find it tough at the Riverside.
Exactly.

But I think the win just adds to our confidence and momentum and we'll get the win.

1-3 to us.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
the team should be beaming with confidence after the roma match, i expect fergie to rest ronaldo or rooney, one of them, for the roma game next week. no problem with 3 pts, as boro struggles to get goals this season, so comfortable 0-3.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
hmmm i think fergie might give guys like fletcher a chance. maybe saha would come in too for rooney and giggs in for ronaldo, which means park would be in the team too. its crucial to give both ronaldo and rooney a rest, and maybe put them on the bench in case anything goes wrong as boro are a bogey team. but that said, i believe the reserves have enough quality to finish a side like boro.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
nigelchin said:
hmmm i think fergie might give guys like fletcher a chance. maybe saha would come in too for rooney and giggs in for ronaldo, which means park would be in the team too. its crucial to give both ronaldo and rooney a rest, and maybe put them on the bench in case anything goes wrong as boro are a bogey team. but that said, i believe the reserves have enough quality to finish a side like boro.
fletcher is out with an injury...

giggs should start since he was rested at rome and maybe nani if he comes back from injury..i also heard gary neville will be back and brown will move to cb since vida is out

N

·
0 Posts
manutd 2 - 0 middlesbrough
they should watch out for complacency tho
both goals by anderson

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I think Fletcher is out for another 5 weeks and Saha is out for another 1-2 weeks.

I assume Fergie took Rooney off for the last few minutes last night so that he could start him against Boro.

Hopefully Nani will be back, Giggs was rested last night and other than Vidic I haven't heard of any other injuries we picked up so we'll have a strong squad to choose from.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
No rest for the weary! Play the best 11 available, and lets get this wrapped up so we can concentrate on the CL.

You never know, maybe cideh and 'pool will do us a favor this weekend!

:D

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
May turn out to be a tricky game. I reckon fergie will rest the likes of Scholes, Ronaldo, Ferdinand for the Roma Game

May give Pique, Park,and so on to play?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think that our team will win this game due to the fact that she plays excellent and attractive football!!!sir alex should rest tha players who played yesterday and give chences to other players who din't play much.Personally speaking middlesbraug could not resist to cristiano and the other gyes:D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
van der sar
o'shea-- ferdinand -- brown -- evra
hargreaves
ronaldo -- anderson -- giggs
rooney -- tevez

i think he'll rest scholes and carrick ... maybe even evra and give silvestre a game tevez to deffinately start he's class in the league :D

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it's gonna be a hard game....caus' if we look back at games we had at boro...we can see that it won't be easy to win...i hope we'll be fit...and ready...to win 3 precious points..cause Arsenal host Liverpool..and might lose some points, and as well chelsea...who..are going to play away at City..so..we must win.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Boro are a very tricky side. If you look at there recent previous games theyve lost or drawn with a 1 goal margin . so they are cappable of taking points.

They held Arsenal up @ the emirates. Beat Villa, Should of beaten Chelsea on saturday.

On the positive note were in good form & they struggled to beat derby & fulham @ home :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Really worried about this game, never confident against Boro, Arse only got a point off them this season but still i think we should win 1-0.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.