Manchester United Talk banner

Man Of The Match vs Boro

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
this is a huge game for both sides! and should be a real cracker with both sides needing a win for different matters all together can't wait for it :) ecen though they have been our bogey side in the past i predict a 3-1 win :) with berba and Rooney scoring and also an unusual goal scorer but not Ando :p

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I hate playing 'boro at the Riverside. They always seem to save a performance for us.
I just hope we can battle our way through this game and get the 3 points.

I'd love to help get them relagated as well.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I think this will be a Tough game. It always is when we play Boro at the Riverside.
They will be fighting for their lives to try and get some sort of result out of this game to help them avoid Relegation. I don't expect us to put in a great footballing performance and if we are to win, we will win it ugly. I can also see us falling behind in this game but only to come back and win it 2-1 win another late goal.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
--------------------------------VDS--------------------------------

--O'Shea--------------Vidic--------------Evans----------------Evra--

--Nani----------------Scholes-----------Carrick---------------Ronaldo--

----------------------Tevez-------------Rooney------------------------

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits he will make wholesale changes to his side to face Middlesbrough.

Ferguson is keen to keep his squad fresh for the second leg of their UEFA Champions League semi-final with Arsenal next Tuesday and he will rest a number of stars for the trip to Teesside.

Rio Ferdinand looks almost certain to miss the lunchtime kick-off against Boro on Saturday after picking up a rib injury against Arsenal and Ferguson revealed he could make as many as eight changes to his starting line-up for the trip to relegation-threatened Middlesbrough.

"I do not think it is right that we have a lunchtime kick-off at Middlesbrough," bemoaned Ferguson.

"Obviously I will bring some freshness into the team. The defence will be the same, apart from Rio but the midfield and forwards could change completely."

One man who could be involved at the Riverside is Wes Brown after he came through a couple of reserve-team outings following a foot injury.

Ferguson said: "Wes has been training with the first team and has played two reserve games.

"He was with the squad today and there is a definite possibility he could play some part of the game on Saturday.

"I actually think it is important. I don't think he will start but he will play some part."

Ferguson also feels the one big advantage Arsenal have is their lack of a pressing need for points at Portsmouth on Saturday, whereas his own team require victory to maintain their lead at the top of the Premier League.

"They can play Pat Rice at right-back and Arsene himself at centre-forward on Saturday!" said Ferguson.

"We have to play a team to win the game."
Praise

Meanwhile, Ferguson has hailed John O'Shea following his winning goal against Arsenal.

The Republic of Ireland international was the unlikely hero on Wednesday night and Ferguson has described the versatile performer as a 'great professional'.

"John O'Shea took the goal really well," added Ferguson.

"He is a great professional.

"The boy never complains. He is happy to play anywhere.

"He has not always been a No.1 choice but he produces 30 performances a season and it is a contribution we are grateful for.

"He has played in both full-back positions, central defence and in midfield. He is so versatile and offers such great value for us.

"He has played in most games this season. At the present moment in time, he would be in the team if we got to the final."

Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News | Fergie plans Boro changes

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
This to me is going to be alot tougher a task than we think. I would much prefer to be playing a side like West Ham here. This could be 'Boro's last shot of staying up. I expect the crowd to be really up for this and it's a bloody early kick off, something which hasn't suited us in the past. It gives us the minimal amount of rest after our European tie. 'Boro will be fighting for their lives and we'll have to show as much hunger as them.

Liverpool here have just a slighty easier task in this round of games and hopefully we can go 6 points clear and really turn the screw. They've Newcastle at Anfield which certainly is far from an easy game. They are running out of games and I expect that tie to be quite an entralling one.

'Boro's key men are simple Downing and Tuncay. Downing hasn't looked himself recently. In fact, he's looked very poor and really hasn't shown the leadership you need from your captain. Still though, I expect this will be a game he'll be fighting tooth and nail for every single ball. Whoever is right back is certainly going to have their hands full. Hopefully we'll be able to start Brown in this game as I feel he'll be best able to deal with the threat.

Tuncay without a shadow of a doubt is 'Boro's best player. He is a fanatstic player and has an immense fighting spirirt. He'll be a handful for Vida and Rio that's for sure. His passing is sublime and we all know he can certainly finish. The only question mark is-does he genuinely think 'Boro can stay up given the run in they have. There is question marks over his future with Chelsea supposedly sniffing around. Let's hope he doesn't turn up.

I'd grab you're hand off for a 1-0 win right now. I do however think it could be 2 or 3 nil to United. I think we're just too strong and hopefully will be going in on the back of a confident United performance in Europe.
This was my opinion added a few days ago. We are back after a confident performance.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts

--Nani----------------Scholes-----------Carrick---------------Ronaldo--

I'd go with that apart from i'd rather Park play instead of Nani for this game.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts

--Rafael--------------Vidic--------------Evans----------------Evra--

--Nani----------------Scholes-----------Fletcher---------------Park--

----------------------Tevez-------------Rooney-----------------------

1-2 For United.
Rooney & Tevez.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
I don't like the fact you're all so quick to rest Ronaldo. this is a huge game, one of the hardest we have left. Start him, ensure we take the elad and then haul him off once we have that.

I would go with:

VDS
Rafael Vida Evans O'Shea

Ronaldo Scholes Giggs Park

Tevez Berbatov

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
thing is though Fergie said there was wholesale changes going to be made! he said the midfield would be completely different and that the forwards might be diffrnt too!

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
thing is though Fergie said there was wholesale changes going to be made! he said the midfield would be completely different and that the forwards might be diffrnt too!
2 of my midfield played no part and the other came on with half an hour to go. There is rotation and then there is letting Liverpool back in the league.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
2 of my midfield played no part and the other came on with half an hour to go. There is rotation and then there is letting Liverpool back in the league.
i know man but i think he said that there could be up to 8 changes from the starting team yesterday! with Fergie ya never know!thats why i never predict a team before the game

·
Manchester Is My Heaven!
40,932 Posts

--Ronaldo----------------Scholes-----------Carrick---------------Giggs--

0-2 but i dont think it will be an easy game because boro really need points;)!

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Van Der Sar
O'Shea Vidic Evans Evra
Nani Carrick Fletcher Giggs
Rooney Berbatov

The upfront pair as it should be and stay !
3-0 i predict; Rooney, Giggs and Berbatov.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
.................VDS

Brown - Evans - Vidic - Evra

Park - Anderson - Scholes - Giggs

..........Berbatov - Tevez

1 - 20 of 223 Posts