Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
put this in matchday thread......but you are a new member....
i think we can beat chelsea if we play well......would be good to see schole sand giggs perform too

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
taaffey16 said:
After just over 4 years unbeaten at stmford bridge in the league, is it possible for united to win there on saturday?
Its very possible. If I was a betting man, Id put my money on a draw.
But it would be great to win the Prem at the Bridge by putting the final nail
in the Chelsea coffin. It will be a tough game and hopefully Chelsea will have
half an eye on the clash with Pool. At present our squad is better equipped
to deal with these extra games.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Dublin_Best_7 said:
Didn't we end Arsenal's unbeaten record??
Yeah, we did. Ruud van Nistelrooy with a coolly taken penalty that slotted home into the back of the net & another strike from Wayne Rooney that finished with aplomb during the add-on time. Till date, RVN's legendary celebration after that memorial goal still etched in my very mind.

That said, coming out unbeaten in a triple header in the space of 7 days is not an easy task .... United are poised for a lip-smacking showdown against Barca in the semi-final tie of the Champions League too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's the day.

9 hours remaining.

It doesn't get much bigger than this. United facing Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

I'm so nervous already.

Come on United. Make us proud.

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Jodz said:
That's the day.

9 hours remaining.

It doesn't get much bigger than this. United facing Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

I'm so nervous already.

Come on United. Make us proud.
I believe... You are on the wrong thread. :D

Me nervous too, especially with the latest injury news about Vidic and Brown. :eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
i wud love us to beat them on sat, it will all but wrap up the league at stamford bridge!!

take away there unbeaten record and win the league!! class!!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
team i expect
vds
hargreves rio brown evra
ronaldo anderson carrick scholes nani
rooney

and a 1-0 or 2-1 united win

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
with the result agianst barca i hope we dont play like that against chelsea at SB.........we should play better and keep better posession and also pass better.....we should not let them attack us and we should not give away the ball unnecessarily........keep the ball....
oh and one more thing....
play every player at their own positions....play rooney and tevez up top and ronaldo in RM.........

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Grieving Lampard Set To Miss United Clash

Source: Goal.com

Frank Lampard's mother has passed away after a brief battle with pneumonia, meaning that the Chelsea midfielder will most likely miss this weekend's Premier League meeting with Manchester United...

The England midfielder's mother passed away after ten days of suffering with pneumonia, and Lampard is thus expected to sit out the visit of the Red Devils at the weekend.

The player took part in the 1-1 draw at Anfield midweek, but admitted to feeling distracted due to his family circumstances.

Nonetheless, he felt that playing against Liverpool was the correct decision.

He said, "She follows me up and down the country so, knowing her, she would've had a right go at me for not playing this game.

"So that was in the back of my mind."

Lampard revealed that when his mother's condition took a turn for the worse last week, he felt that he was embroiled in the most difficult moment of his life.

Although she staged a recovery, things rapidly deteriorated once again, until she tragically passed away.
R.I.P. Mrs Lampard. My condolences to her family.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Play like we did against Barcelona. We have to go defensively imo. Defend, Defend, Defend. Hit them on the counter. They need to win we don't. I really can't see us winning. I just never see them losing there anymore. 0-0 maybe 1-0 to Chelsea.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Natalie said:
tbh if he played against liverpool i dont now see him missing this
Before the Liverpool game there was a slight improvement to his mother's condition. I'm shocked that she's died and would be very surprised if Lampard played on Saturday.

I can't help but feel sympathy for him. He may play for one of our rivals but losing a close family member is a terrible thing.

21 - 40 of 162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.