Manchester United Talk banner

Will Ronaldo Start Against Chelsea?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Guys guys guys......What's with all the pessimism???!
Yeah its not been the greatest start ever to a season but it's not that bad. We've had worse and won trophies!!!

Just to point out firstly to a couple of you that Carrick is out for 6 weeks so will not be in our midfield on Sunday :p But also that UTD are THE TEAM who stop runs and records, denying both sides of Mersyside doubles and trebles over the years, stopping Arsenal and Chelsea's long unbeaten runs to name but a few, and i really really fancy us in the face of (supposed) adversity to finally end Chelski's long unbeaten home record. I know most of you will probably think that I'm crazy for even thinking it but I really do think we'll nick a win. UTD have often produced their very very best moments and performances when having a 'bit of a tough time'. Just remember our form before we stopped Arsenal on 49 in a row.

We are/will be fine, we have added quality to what was an already double winning squad and have IMO the best team in Europe still, it just sadly hasn't quite clicked together yet thats all. It wouldn't surprise me at all to go out on to the pitch on Sun and ride our luck a bit, soak up a fair bit of undoubted pressure for long spells, (lets not forget just how good Chelski are at home) but to grab a winner (0-1 or 1-2 I predict). There would be no greater warning to the league or statement of intent if we were to get 3 points at the bridge coming off of the result at Anfield and our patchy form so far this season.
I think SAF should go with a solid team to start with minutes under thier belts and let things settle down and then introduce the likes of CR and Roon.
To beat Chelski you have to beat their midfield, if their midfield doesn't work then THEY don't work, hence we should IMO start with....

---------------------------------VDS----------------------------------

Neville-------------Rio--------------Brown----------------Evra----

------------------------------Hargreaves----------------------------

--------Scholes---------------Anderson------------Giggs---------

----------------------------------Tevez-------------------------------

---------------------------------Berbatov----------------------------

Packing the midfied with experience and battlers in Ander and Owen will stop Chelski being able to run the game at their pace and add in Tevez as a kinda 5th midfielder dropping in and getting in amongst the play, tackling, harrying and getting in their faces, UTD can cut off their main supply to the front. We all remember Anderson having Lampard, Gerrard and Cesc in his pocket last season so he is vital for us, he must have a good game. Deco is a bit of a baby and if you get stuck in to him you just know that he'll spit his dummy out and play poorly, UTD will give a REAL welcome to the premier League! and who better than Giggs and Scholes with their wise old heads to keep things together and wind up the opposition?? With DB up front you have the perfect player to get AND KEEP the ball when we do get it and bring the likes of Scholes, Giggs and Tevez into play in their third of the pitch. The one thing we can't afford to do is chase the game and the ball!
Keep it tight at 0-0 (always with the chance of nicking a goal) and then bring on Ron, Roon and Nani to really attack the game (Scholes and Giggs can't last much more than 45 mins against Chelski these days) and give Chelski something to really think about, those 3 could make a HUGE impact on a tight game, and could prove to be the catalyst for a UTD win, where as if we start with CR and we don't really produce anything then we are gonna find ourselves a bit short on ideas, and Chelski would thrive on the fact.

it's gonna be tough to keep a clean sheet at the bridge (as always) without Vidic, but I really do fancy a UTD win, 1-2 or even 2-3. WELL I HOPE!!!!!!!

Never underestimate Manchester United!! :D :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.