1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,959 Posts
I'd probably line-up like this:

VDS
Neville-Brown-Ferdinand-Evra
Park-Anderson-Hargeaves-Scholes-Ronaldo
Tevez

Chelsea's pitch is narrow, so we should probably crowd the midfield. I can see us taking a defensive approach to this one, and it's going to be tough, I'd take a point tbh.

I'd like Ronaldo to start, and Park too. I mean the alternatives are Giggs or Nani, who haven't found form thus far this term. Plus, Park's an underrated player, a lot of energy and a decent work-rate. At the back, it's Brown moving central for me, a lot of people want Hargreaves to play at right-back, but with no Carrick, the midfield will lack aggression so it's best Owen plays there. The rest of the team is pretty much self-explanatory. I've learned that perhaps it's best not to play Rooney on the wing recently. Rather him on the bench, than playing out of position. Berbatov's still new, and throwing him in at the deep-end for a second successive week isn't wise. So it leaves our only effective forward so far this season, Tevez to start alone up top, with plenty of support from Ronaldo and Park.

· Registered
6,959 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Berba and Ron fit, Foster ruled out
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4166663,00.html

Dimitar Berbatov and Cristiano Ronaldo could start for Manchester United at Chelsea - but Ben Foster has been ruled out for two months.

Sir Alex Ferguson is tempted to put both Berbatov and Ronaldo in his starting line-up to face the table-topping Blues at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Berbatov missed Wednesday's Champions League draw with Villarreal after suffering a knee injury at Liverpool last weekend, while Ronaldo made his comeback in midweek after two months out following ankle surgery.

But both players are now ready for action.

Ferguson is without suspended defender Nemanja Vidic, while England goalkeeper Foster is out for six to eight weeks with ankle ligament damage suffered in a reserve-team match against Blackburn on Thursday night.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, Neville, R Da Silva, Ferdinand, Evans, O'Shea, Evra, F Da Silva, Ronaldo, Nani, Hargreaves, Anderson, Possebon, Fletcher, Park, Giggs, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov, Manucho, Welbeck.

Kick-off 2pm.
That's the official squad? No Scholes?

· Registered
6,959 Posts
Stephen said:
VDS

Neville Rio Evans Evra

Fletcher Scholes Hargreaves Park

Berbatov Rooney

Rooney on the wing? ****ing hope not.
Ah...

So Evans does start, but Neville at right-back? Not too sure about that, he's still off the pace at the moment whereas Brown is one of the best full-backs in the Premiership. Would of liked to see Tevez too but still. It's a strongside nonetheless.

· Registered
6,959 Posts
Okay here's my half-time analysis:

-We've got a nice set-up, Rooney and Park feeding off of Berba's knock-downs. But not in a long-ball sense- we're playing good, fast-paced football.

-VDS' injury wasn't ideal, but many have been asking for him to be dropped following his performance at Anfield (including me) so I'm happy that Kuszczack gets a chance.

-Evans has been solid at the back. He's playing it simple, taking his time and making some decent interceptions. He loooks like he could be a big player in future United teams.

-The half-time whistle came at the right time as we were on the back-foot in the closing minutes of the first half. We can't afford to sit back, or Chelsea will punish us.

-At this point I'd say don't complicate things by putting on Ronaldo. However, the introduction of Tevez with 20-25 minutes left could help us.

Let's hope we can hang on!

· Registered
6,959 Posts
Mike Riley was shocking. There was no big decision like a penalty or anything that I can recall. However, Ronaldo's booking? What was that for? Also, Joe Cole mis-timed a tackle on Ferdinand, much like Scholes, Berbatov and Neville but somehow escaped a booking...

In terms of our performance, it's an improvement. It reminded me of our performance against Barcelona last season. We came out with a win in mind, great start, we get our goal, then sit-back and invite the pressure. This time we weren't as lucky.

Evans was solid although he might've done better with the goal. But... the real man at fault for the goal was Rooney. He over did it with the tricks, got caught out, lunged in, got himself a yellow card and gave away the free kick that lead to the goal.

Anyway, a lot of us were saying we would of taken a point at Stamford Bridge but the manner we conceded, and after leading for so long I can't help but feel disappointed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.