Manchester United Talk banner

Will Ronaldo Start Against Chelsea?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
It'll be interesting if Ferguson gives Evans a run in place of Vidic. I doubt this will happen though, in such a big game. It's a big blow to lose Vidic, especially for this game - where its likely Drogba will start. Vidic is one of the very few defenders that can destroy Drogba even if Drogba's on form.

I hope he goes with

Van Der Sar
Hargreaves Ferdinand Brown Evra
Park Scholes Anderson Nani
Tevez
Berbatov

Subs: Foster, Ronaldo, Rooney, Giggs, O'Shea, Evans, Fletcher

If needed, Ronaldo on for Park. Hopefully Rooney being left on the bench will fire him up and if/when he comes on will run riot.

EDIT: I'm going for the weekend in Scotland! Fergie will pick:

Van Der Sar
Neville Ferdinand Brown Evra
Hargreaves Scholes Anderson Giggs
Tevez Rooney

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Van Der Sar had another shocker. Sucks that Foster is injured as I think pig is a liability.

and can anyone give me a valid reason why rooney is playing ahead of tevez? apart from his reputation?

he made 1 decent pass to evra but apart from that rooney has been the worst player on the pitch by far and away, screaming at teammates for no reason and giving the ball away about 15 times himself.

tevez has probably been our best player so far this season and he gets dropped for someone hopelessly off form because rooney has a bigger reputation.

shocker. i dont care if rooney has an amazing 2nd half, he didn't deserve to start ahead of tevez.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Noxious have you been watching the same game I have?

Ill watch the full first half later again when they replay it and count how many times Rooney gave the ball away.

Abo, Anderson isn't on the bench, don't know why, maybe an injury.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
-Evans has been solid at the back. He's playing it simple, taking his time and making some decent interceptions. He loooks like he could be a big player in future United teams.
agreed, played well, but hasn't had a 'stormer' as other people are suggesting, over-exaggerating.

Drogba has come on now, I seriously hope Evans can cope, it will be difficult. Especially as Anelka was poor in the first half, I barely saw him.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Was always going to happen when Fergie rearranged team to hold on 1-0. He never learns, we should have been going for number 2, not holding on to 1-0. We have changed from attacking to defensive and paid the price.
Agreed. Take the Liverpool game last season for example, 1-0 up, Tevez and Nani come on and bang bang 3-0 game over.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
im confused about one thing!?!?!
why was it when ronaldo come on wayne rooney went to right wing, surely ronaldo should play there. and for me if ronaldo was on the wing chelsea wouldnt of got that free kick would they??
Because we needed someone to track back, as Ashley Cole was bombing forward. Hence playing Hargreaves and Park on the wings from the start.

Ronaldo's work rate is not good enough to cope with this, it would be 2 quick players vs Gary Neville, somehow I think we'd come out the wrong end.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Wrong mather23, you have no clue.

Rooney was one of the worst players on the pitch.

How many times did rooney give the ball away?

The negatives far outway the positives, the only 3 good things I saw him do were these:

1 good pass to Evra
Tracked back twice.
vs
15x possesion loss
screaming at teammates when hes far worse
losing his temper, getting told by ferguson to calm down and then goes and gives away a free kick and gets booked. which leads to a goal

It's about time Rooney grew up, it seems him being young, having a reputation like he does, everyone hyping him up has gone to his head. Because of this he has the arrogance to shout at his teammates when he really needs to take a look at his own performance and previous performances this season.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
what are you talking about, rooney was one of the only bright spots of the game, his winning of the ball and causing danger, the problem that the team had was not rooney, but rather our extremely weak midfield, and the fact that he doesnt really have that chemistry with berbatov, that he has with tevez.
rooney was a bright spot. right. did you watch the game or just go on what other typical biased thick rooney-is-god fans say?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.