Manchester United Talk banner

Will Ronaldo Start Against Chelsea?

61 - 80 of 351 Posts

26,045 Posts
Arsenal games bigger than Chelsea, says Ferguson

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted his team's clashes with Chelsea will never carry as much meaning as those against Arsenal.

Just two days before the Red Devils face Luiz Felipe Scolari's in-form Blues at Stamford Bridge in a clash between most people's Barclays Premier League title favourites, Ferguson has stoked the fires by claiming Chelsea cannot match the "history and quality" of their London rivals.

The United boss' claim may come as a surprise to the Chelsea hierarchy given it has been them who have fought United for the title for the previous four seasons - winning it for consecutive years in 2005 and 2006.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...bigger-than-chelsea-says-ferguson-935790.html

· Registered
3,351 Posts
Im thinking a draw prob 0-0 or 1-1 but a win would be awesome. Think the line-up will be:
- - - - - - VDS - - - - - - -
Hargo - Rio - Brown - Evra
Ron - Scholes - Anderson - Nani
- - - - - Rooney - Berba - - -

That is ofcourse if berba's fit and if not obviously tevez. Would like to see a good bench too like:
Kuz, Giggs, Fletcher, Fabio, Rafael, Tevez, Welbeck.

· Smeghead Moderator
13,815 Posts
I'm nervous about the game on Sunday.

I'd take a draw but a win could really kick start our season. There's no tougher place to walk away with 3 points than Stamford Bridge but we have the players to do it.

They just need to put in a collectively good performance for the 1st time this season!

Losing would be a dreadful blow and I'm not willing to contemplate the impact it could have on our season unless it happens.

26,045 Posts
reddwarf said:
I'm nervous about the game on Sunday.

I'd take a draw but a win could really kick start our season. There's no tougher place to walk away with 3 points than Stamford Bridge but we have the players to do it.

They just need to put in a collectively good performance for the 1st time this season!

Losing would be a dreadful blow and I'm not willing to contemplate the impact it could have on our season unless it happens.
We have just lost one of the Big Four games to Liverpool which we have been winning. We have to make up for it now.

· Registered
11,456 Posts
Berba and Ron fit, Foster ruled out
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4166663,00.html

Dimitar Berbatov and Cristiano Ronaldo could start for Manchester United at Chelsea - but Ben Foster has been ruled out for two months.

Sir Alex Ferguson is tempted to put both Berbatov and Ronaldo in his starting line-up to face the table-topping Blues at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Berbatov missed Wednesday's Champions League draw with Villarreal after suffering a knee injury at Liverpool last weekend, while Ronaldo made his comeback in midweek after two months out following ankle surgery.

But both players are now ready for action.

Ferguson is without suspended defender Nemanja Vidic, while England goalkeeper Foster is out for six to eight weeks with ankle ligament damage suffered in a reserve-team match against Blackburn on Thursday night.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, Neville, R Da Silva, Ferdinand, Evans, O'Shea, Evra, F Da Silva, Ronaldo, Nani, Hargreaves, Anderson, Possebon, Fletcher, Park, Giggs, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov, Manucho, Welbeck.

Kick-off 2pm.

· He wipes front to back
27,747 Posts
vds brown oshea ferdinand evra

ronaldo park hargreaves nani

berbatov tevez

subs giggs rooney scholes neville pig

i would bring wayne and paul on at about 60 mins for whoever wasnt shining or had run legs out

· Registered
25,282 Posts
-------------------Vds
Brown Rio Evans/O'Shea Evra
Ronaldo Scholes Hargo Nani
----------Berba Tev/Roon

Prediction 1-1.
Id be happy with anything but a loss.
Having Berba and Ron back will be HUGE.
Cant wait but Im nervous.

26,045 Posts
teamtalk

Scolari: It's not about revenge

Luiz Felipe Scolari insists Chelsea's clash with Manchester United is not a Moscow revenge mission - and says victory is all that matters.

United lifted Europe's top prize after a penalty shoot-out last May, with Blues skipper John Terry missing a spot-kick that would have sealed victory for Chelsea.

There is added spice to this weekend's clash as it follows on from the "Battle of the Bridge", when Patrice Evra clashed with Chelsea staff during the warm-down after a game won by Michael Ballack's late strike.

However, Chelsea boss Scolari is solely focused on extending his side's lead to nine-points over United in the Premier League title race.

"When I came to England the challenge was to win the Premier League, not just the games against Manchester United," he said.

"The challenge for Chelsea is to win all the competitions in which we participate. This is one more game. Nothing different.

"Three points against United are the same three points as against Stoke City, Wigan or Portsmouth. The same.

"I have videos of Manchester United in this season's Champions League, and of their last two games in the Premier League. Now is different to what happened in May. Now is important.

"They have a fantastic group. If they play A, B or C, it's the same. They have 25 or 26 fantastic players, and they're in a better condition now than at the start of the season."

Scolari has been monitoring Ballack's return from a foot injury, while striker Didier Drogba is available after a knee complaint but will not play for 90 minutes.

Cristiano Ronaldo, who played under Scolari for Portugal, is expected to feature for United after his comeback from ankle surgery.

Scolari said: "I think he will start. My players are thinking that they will mark him very well but there is Tevez, Rooney, O'Shea[:eek::eek::D], Hargreaves, Nani, Berbatov.

"They have a beautiful team, a fantastic team, and this is a big game. The players are prepared for this."

Ronaldo's relationship with Scolari is just one of the links between the two teams - former United midfielder Ray Wilkins has returned to Chelsea as assistant first-team coach while former United assistant Carlos Queiroz took over from Scolari as Portugal boss.

Scolari also has a working relationship with United boss Sir Alex Ferguson from when Ronaldo has been playing for Portugal, and the Chelsea boss will present a customary bottle of wine to his counterpart.

"After the game, we'll have some wine," he said.

"I know he doesn't drink Portuguese wine because he did not have it with (Jose) Mourinho.

"I don't have any Brazilian wine. Maybe I need to have some French wine, South African wine. After this, Sir Alex will be happy. We'll know who's happier after the match."

Ferguson was furious with the Football Association overturning Terry's suspension, with Scolari delighted to have his captain available.

"In certain moments in the game, it's more important to have him there as a man or a captain than as a player," said the Brazilian.

Between United and Chelsea, the team that has started better in recent seasons have tended to take the title, adding more significance to Sunday's clash.

Scolari added: "If we win, we follow with Liverpool in first position. We are together at the moment in first position.

"It's better for us to be nine points ahead of United, but it's only the start of the league. There is a long way to go.

"If it was the last three or four games, nine points would be fantastic. But we have 33 games more so nine points is nothing."

· Registered
6,959 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Berba and Ron fit, Foster ruled out
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_4166663,00.html

Dimitar Berbatov and Cristiano Ronaldo could start for Manchester United at Chelsea - but Ben Foster has been ruled out for two months.

Sir Alex Ferguson is tempted to put both Berbatov and Ronaldo in his starting line-up to face the table-topping Blues at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.

Berbatov missed Wednesday's Champions League draw with Villarreal after suffering a knee injury at Liverpool last weekend, while Ronaldo made his comeback in midweek after two months out following ankle surgery.

But both players are now ready for action.

Ferguson is without suspended defender Nemanja Vidic, while England goalkeeper Foster is out for six to eight weeks with ankle ligament damage suffered in a reserve-team match against Blackburn on Thursday night.

United (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Brown, Neville, R Da Silva, Ferdinand, Evans, O'Shea, Evra, F Da Silva, Ronaldo, Nani, Hargreaves, Anderson, Possebon, Fletcher, Park, Giggs, Tevez, Rooney, Berbatov, Manucho, Welbeck.

Kick-off 2pm.
That's the official squad? No Scholes?

· Banned
1,809 Posts

· Im not fat... im sex.
8,712 Posts
i think ronaldo should start but i dont think he will

i think fergie will see how we do after the first half and see with in what situation were in and then decided weather to use ronaldo or not

and as for the result, well id be happy with a draw a win would be amazing but if that happens or not i dont know weve not really been in the greatest form recently

so for me a draw and a good perfomance

61 - 80 of 351 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.