Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PL MD7: Manchester United v Chelsea

5K views 70 replies 25 participants last post by  Red Devil 
#1 ·
This is where we start winning, properly!
Do you agree? Or are you wrong?

#3 ·
The departure of Mourinho from Chelski will have no bearing on the result of this game. But, the attitude of the players will. They will either play out of their skins, probably ensuring a United defeat OR they will capitulate and think why should I bother, I am leaving too. We shall see on Sunday.

#5 ·
we have to win, simple as, we gotta, we gotta beat them scum down and beat them good, will we go onto hit form there after the humiliation, thats a different matter, confidence will no doubt rise if we do win, but then again a win would probably only be down to the circumstances right now, keep shape, look sharp, move the ball fast, im there already

#7 ·
BALROG said:
OH YEAH !if we can pull 2 or 3 on these
Code:
punks
, this seasons goal feast should start
this sunday at old t.
punks lol

balrog i've just watched some mls games on tv over here with the american commentry i have to say it made me piss can't they watch european football to get the jist of the lingo instead of making there own shit up

here's just a few i heard;
the combover= header flicked on
the spinning cobra= curling free kick
PK= penalty
i could go on but my cheeks are hurting :)

right back to business the chelsea game
i agree with redevil they could come out either way, on SSN today they was saying players stayed behind after training practising attacking moves. oh please be true i would love them to come to OT and take the game to us, we would rip to them pieces. but they will prob come for the draw but i fully expect us to beat them sunday.

#8 ·
I've also heard field = pitch and schedule = fixture, hehe.

This is going to be an extreme game. As in extremely exciting b/c both teams will be pushing for goals and a win, or extremely boring because both teams will be playing overly cautious. Unfortunately, I predict the boring, which means it will be a low, 1-0 win for us :)

#15 ·
VDS
Brown.Rio.Vidic.Evra
Ronaldo.Scholes.Carrick.Nani
Rooney.Saha

chelsea:
Cech
Belletti
Alex (unless Ricci is fit)
JT
Ash
Maka
Essien
Joe
SWP
Malouda
Sheva

if manu go in strong and rule the first fifteen minutes with one goal or so, chelsea will capitulate. why would they want to play well for roman, the guy just sacked their manager after winning two titles in two years.

#16 ·
I feel this seaosn will be a straight fight between Arsenal and United now. If Saha plays over 30 league games we will win hands down. If Rooney plays the majority of our games unfront on his own instead (as Fergie has said he intends) then Arsenal will walk the title.

Having said that we don't know how good or bad Avram will be. If he bases his team around Ballack, Shevchenko and Essien and drops Terry and Lampard Chelsea could be even better than they were under Mourinho. This is my fear.

True... it is an attackin side..

------------------vds--------------------

brown-----rio----------vida----------evra

----------------hargreaves---------------

ronaldo------------------------------nani

--------------rooney----scholes-----------

--------------------saha------------------

#17 ·
----Van Der Sar----
Brown-Ferdinand-Vidic-Evra
Rooney-Carrick-Scholes-Ronaldo
---Saha--Tevez---

4-4-2 / 4-2-4 attacking formation.

Demolition!!! Hahahaa

3 - 1 united

saha 27min
78min

Scholes 54min

think we'll play 4-3-3 and edge a close game or a draw:

VDS

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Carrick Scholes Giggs*

Ronaldo Rooney Tevez

You could see Hargreaves in for Giggs if he's fit enough. I'd rather see our traditional 4-2-3-1 and really go for Chelsea. Without Saha in the team we aren't going to score more than 1 goal in a game:

VDS

Carrick Scholes

Ronaldo Rooney Giggs

Saha

That team should get 3 or 4 past Chelsea vulnerable defence now that Makelele is not playing the sitting role and they are trying to play more attacking football.

#18 ·
Ha Ha im sorry but i dont care how good Avram Grant is or isn't i can't see him dropping Lampard or Terry and on the off chance he did how in gods name is that going to make Chelsea better?

John Terry in my opinion is the best central defender in the world at the moment and he is the only player i would be happy playing for United if Rio Ferdinand or Nemanja Vidic weren't available.

And Lampard well... he is the best scoring central midfield in the premiership and is a hero to chelsea fans as much as rooney is to us.

Yes i agree he (Avram Grant) may play ballack and shevchenco but dont expect players such as Lampard, Terry and essien to be dropped.

#19 ·
It's going to be very interesting on Sunday who Sir Alex picks in the forward positions. Basically, this will show who he really thinks is the best formation. If we lose we have a lot of ground to cover, particularly as Liverpool and Arsenal should win comfortably.

Ronaldo is a cert and I suspect Rooney is. That leaves who plays left and who partners Rooney. Personally, I think it will be:

Ronaldo (RM), Giggs (LM) and two up front Saha & Rooney.

Tevez and Nani both Subs. He may use Tevez instead of Giggs.

He could go for 5 in midfield but I suspect Fergie smells blood. If we win then we've given Chelsea a real headache and they may not recover for a few weeks.

Personally I'm in favour of 4-4-2 with Scholes and Hargreaves (if fit) in centre midfield.

I think this game will tell us everything we need to know about who he rates as his best 11.

#20 ·
When Brown and Rio partnered each other 2 seasons ago they got more points per game and conceded fewer points per game than Rio and Vidics title winning partnership of last season. So when Vidic comes in for Brown we concede more goals and get worse results. Vidic is top class but I'm not quite sure he's as good as Stam yet let alone being up there with Brown. When fit (which admitedly is less often than Saha and Woodgate) he's the best CB Fergie's ever had. Fergie himself as stated he's the most talented he's ever worked with.

Injuries have curtailed his career but when on fit and on form he's nigh on unbreachable. Can you name another CB that could give Henry in his pomp a 5 yard start and still make him look like a mug? I can't.

#22 ·
I reckon 3-0 to utd Rooney Tevez Saha!

Team:
VDS
Ronaldo Carrick Scholes Nani
Tevez Rooney

Bench:
Saha
Giggs
Pique
Eagles
Kuzjack (sp)

I think he will start tevez with rooney because they still haven't started together. I reckon at about 70 minutes if were drawing or winning 1 nil SAF will bring on saha for nani and put rooney on the left!

Can't believe avram is full time manager lol :)

#23 ·
Balrog

andycole9 said:
punks lol

balrog i've just watched some mls games on tv over here with the american commentry i have to say it made me piss can't they watch european football to get the jist of the lingo instead of making there own shit up

here's just a few i heard;
the combover= header flicked on
the spinning cobra= curling free kick
PK= penalty
i could go on but my cheeks are hurting :)

ANDYCOLE9, what the heck are you doing watching that crap, i'll watch the US womens national team,but not those MLS ( punks). lol :D

the only one ive ever heard would be (PK) for penalty kick, are you really sure about spinning cobra, thats soooo bad mate. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.