1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

United Travel to Mersyside​

Notes;

• United are without Scholes (Knee), Fabio (Shoulder) and Rio Ferdinand
    is a doubt for the tie. Evra, Hargreaves and Carrick are expected to be available
  • Everton's Andy Van Der Meyde (Hamstring), Joseph Yobo (Virus), Lars Jacobsen
    (Shoulder), Victor Anichebe (Hamstring) and Segundo Castillo (Hamstring), are all
    doubts
  • Everton's key player, Tim Cahill is suspended for the game after being sent off
    against Liverpool
  • Everton are in 8th place in the Barclays Premier League with 8 points from 8
    games.
  • United see themselves picking up the pace and currently in 5th place with 14
    points from a possible 21
  • Everton haven't beaten United since the 20th of April 2005, after a 1-0 win at
    Goodison

Form;

Manchester United are on a fantastic run of late after a sluggish start. They're on a
5 game un beaten run in the league and on an 8 game un-beaten run in all
competitions since their defeat to Liverpool in early September. They are also
averaging 3 goals in their games now and haven't conceded a goal since their
victory over Middlesbrough in the Carling Cup (3-1)

Everton are on a poor run and haven't won a game since September 14th away
to Stoke. Since they've dropped points to Hull, Blackburn, Liverpool, Newcastle
and Arsenal, coupled with being knocked out of the European arena. They are on
the back of a 3-1 defeat away at Arsenal.

Previous Results

At Goodison Park ('07/'08) - Everton 0-1 Manchester United
At Old Trafford ('07/'08) - Manchester United 2-1 Everton

Key Players

Manchester United - Wayne Rooney is simply the man to see these days and he's
firing on all cylinders and its arguable the best form he's been in since joining
United 4 years ago. The English man has netted in every one of United's last 5
games in all competitions along with scoring 4 goals on International duty with
England. Cristiano who?

Everton - Mikel Arteta is the Toffees main man and basically their play maker.
More often then not, all of Evertons meaningful moves go through him and he's
not shy of shooting either. He's joint top of the Premier League's assister table
with 4 and netted twice

Keano's Line-Up

-------------------------------------Van Der Sar-------------------------------------
-
---Brown-----------------Evans--------------------Vidic-------------------Evra---
-
---Ronaldo--------------Fletcher-----------------Carrick*----------------Nani---
-
-------------------------------------Rooney-------------------------------------------
-
------------------------------------------Tevez----------------------------------------

* If fit. If not, play Anderson

Keano's Verdict

2-0 Away win

Discuss.........

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I think Giggs was intentionally rested against Celtic to save him for this game, be it him starting on the left, or in the middle. If Rio can't play, it'll be very interesting to see how Evans handles Yakubu.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
piazza said:
I think Giggs was intentionally rested against Celtic to save him for this game, be it him starting on the left, or in the middle. If Rio can't play, it'll be very interesting to see how Evans handles Yakubu.
Not at all. Giggs was still resting from his 90 mins vs West Brom.
If Carrick is back, Giggs wont play this weekend.

My team:

-----------------Vds--------------

Wes--------Rio-------Vidic------Evra

Ron-------Carrick-----Ando----Nani

----------Berb---------Rooney-----

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
I have a feeling this might be a tough game. I hope we break them down early so we can hit them on the break after that but everton, without really winning are getting better and it could be a tough game.

I hope we get the 3 points though, would be huge imo away from home straight after the celtic game and with it being an early kick off. Even if our compeititors win after us, it dont matter, it just shows that we are ready to set challenges again.

VDS

Brown Rio Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Fletch Anderson Nani

Berbatov Rooney

pz

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Duo may return at Goodison

Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra could both be fit for the Reds' trip to Everton on Saturday, according to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Both were left out of the Champions League victory over Celtic as a precaution after picking up minor knocks.

Evra was still suffering with the tight hamstring sustained against West Brom on Saturday, while Ferdinand was sidelined with a groin strain.

John O'Shea and Jonny Evans stepped in ably at left-back and centre-half respectively, but Sir Alex is hopeful of having his first-choice defensive duo back for the lunchtime clash at Goodison Park.

"I think Evra will be okay and we'll see about Rio," the boss told MUTV. "He suffered a little groin strain in training on Monday and it wasn't worth risking him [against Celtic]."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={F9E570E6-407E-44BC-800F-4A3110258114}&newsid=6620962

·
Registered
211 Posts
VDS
Wes Rio Vidic Evra
Giggs* Carrick* Fletcher Ronaldo
Rooney Tevez

If Giggs don't play put on Nani, if Carrick is unfit put Anderson on.
I will say a 2-0 victory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its funny to notice that wes brown has been picked by all of the above, wish fergie had this train of thought....
i thought wes had a great season last term...def most improved player....

Z

·
0 Posts
Hopefully we can keep on our winning streak at our most happy hunting ground away
from home. Apparently we win more games at goodison Park than at any other ground
(excluding Old Trafford of course). Everton always give us a tough game but in recent
seasons they've been very unlucky in that they've scored an own goal or given away
a needless penalty etc. I have a lot of respect for everton, they have a lot of
talented players ni Pienaar, Arteta etc, and David moyes has built up a really good
team despite having a severely limited budget.

Rooney has to start again, he's on fire at the moment and every time he gets the ball
I'm thinking he's going to score. Everything he touches at the moment turns to gold.

I think Tevez might start this one because he hasn't been given many opportunites
since Rooney and Berbatov started scoring freely. fergie has to keep all three strikers
happy and to do that he has to rotate them throughout the season.

It would be nice to see Wes Brown start too, because I think he'll be feeling hard
done by after seemingly being pushed back to third choice for the right back position.
It's great to see Neville back though, and even though some of his crossing was poor,
it's great to know he can still bomb up and down the wings and get himself in good
positions to put the ball into the box.

I also hope carrick will be fit for this one too, we play some of our best football with
him in the team. With Rooney and Ronaldo making clever forward runs, Carrick thrives
on this and usually delivers perfect passes for them to run on to.

I expect us to win the game, we just have to if we're to keep pace with Chelsea and
Liverpool at the top of the table. After a good performance against celtic, I really
can't wait for this game to see if we can carry that form into our league games.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Everton have had a dreadful start to the season.

They have not won at Goodison yet, lost the Scouse derby and are already out of the UEFA Cup and Carling Cup. They will be under real pressure to perform at home and give their fans something to cheer about. The last thing they need right now is a visit from the Champions Of England & Europe.

I think we'll whup 'em tbh.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i think this is going to be really tough for us. as has been said everton really under pressure to get results & we all know how opposition love to raise their games when we're in town! i really hope evans does start, our defence seem so comfortable together no matter who plays, however good striking opposition has been missing recently (w.b.a & celtic) evans was great against chelsea earlier this year.

rooney can score his 100th goal, where better for him to do it than where he started!

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i predict a hard fought win

1-0

Rooney

Formation

Van Der Sar

Brown Rio Vida Evra

Ronaldo Anderson Hargreaves Giggs

Rooney Berbatov

i picked Berba ahead of Tevez cuz we need tall player who can score lucky goals or head the corners in, as if you notice that most of our goals versus Everton have to be a bit of set piece or luck :(

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
a tough game, but depends on which everton turn up...to be fair though if they can't raise their game against us they are going to be in trouble. think they will, but it will be a hard fought 2-1 win for us again :)

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
my only point of concern is the early kick off 12.00 for some reason utd always struggle with these and i can see everton giving us more problems than they would normally do so because of this. 2-1 win for utd.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Depends really as Everton's form of late has terrible but they have to kick start there season somewhere and where better than against the champions Man Utd! But i don't think it's going to happen, they didn't have a game midweek whereas we did but i don't this will affect much.

VDS

Brown Rio Vida Evra

Ronaldo Anderson Giggs Nani

Tevez Rooney

I think Berba will be left to the bench for this one, although we could do with some aerial threat against Yobo and Lescott.

I'll say 2-0 United, with the goals coming from Wayne Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo ;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Defensive duo back at Goodison
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/preview/0,16374,1778_4378590,00.html

Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra will return for Manchester United in Saturday lunchtime's Premier League clash against Everton at Goodison Park.

Meanwhile, Michael Carrick is pencilled in for a comeback at home to his former club West Ham on Wednesday night.

Ferdinand (groin) and Evra (hamstring) both missed Tuesday's Champions League win over Celtic, while Carrick has been restricted to just 70 minutes of league action all season due to an ankle injury.

Dimitar Berbatov (hip) and Cristiano Ronaldo (knee) have recovered from minor knocks and will play on Merseyside, while Paul Scholes and Owen Hargreaves (both knee) are out.

Kick-off is at 12pm.

Man Utd (from): Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Foster, Brown, Neville, Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Evra, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Park, Fletcher, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Rooney, Berbatov, Tevez.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
My team:
-------------------------------------Van Der Sar-------------------------------------
-
---Brown---------------Ferdinand-----------------Vidic------------------Evra---
-
---Ronaldo-------------Fletcher----------------Anderson----------------Nani---
-
----------------------------------------Rooney----------------------------------------
-
-------------------------------------Berbatov-----------------------------------------

Fergies team:
-
---Brown---------------Ferdinand-----------------Vidic------------------Evra---
-
---Ronaldo---------------Fletcher------------------Giggs-----------------Nani---
-
----------------------------------------Rooney----------------------------------------
-
-------------------------------------Berbatov-----------------------------------------

Verdict

3-1 Away win

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My team:
-------------------------------------Van Der Sar-------------------------------
Brown---------------Ferdinand-----------------Vidic------------------Evra

Ronaldo-------------Fletcher----------------Anderson----------------Nani

----------------------------------------Rooney---------------------------------

-------------------------------------Tevez----------------------------------

Tevez to start instead of Berbatov.
I want to see Berbatov as a sub.
And Rooney to score his 100th goal....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Any good quality streams for the match tomorrow ??????????????
I hope so!

My starting XI:

------VDS
---Brown----Rio---Vidic---Evra
--Ronaldo---Carrick---Fletcher--Giggs
----Rooney---Tevez

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I get to get up at 7 AM, on a Saturday yipee!

------------Van Der Sar
Neville------Vidic-------Rio-------Evra
------------Anderson----Carrick
Ronaldo----------------------------Giggs
--------------------Rooney
--------------------------Berbatov

1 - 20 of 143 Posts