Manchester United Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,605 Posts
Congrats to Anderson, played superbly, as did Simpson (lovely cross for Rooney's goal); Ronaldo, sharp and decisive - very few tricks, relying more on speed. Giggs, played something like we know he can but rarely produces. Tevez, always alive, full of running, covering miles of turf and nobody could hold him up front. Excellent game and my goal of the month!! Kusczak - hardly had anything to do but when he was called upon was there to stop and danger. Referee Mike Riley - pathetic. Missed at least one blantant penalty, could have given three.

Regarding the alleged incident involving Rooney. It was neither shown nor mentioned. So I cannot comment.

But both referees today, at United and at Villa, have been really bad. They have missed shedloads of incidents, diving, pushing, tripping. West Ham should have had a penalty. Have they changed the rules for referee's without us knowing:

Rule 1: Don't make a decision
Rule 2: Don't even think about a penalty
Rule 3: ignore blatant diving
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,467 Posts
Red Devil said:
Congrats to Anderson, played superbly, as did Simpson (lovely cross for Rooney's goal); Ronaldo, sharp and decisive - very few tricks, relying more on speed. Giggs, played something like we know he can but rarely produces. Tevez, always alive, full of running, covering miles of turf and nobody could hold him up front. Excellent game and my goal of the month!! Kusczak - hardly had anything to do but when he was called upon was there to stop and danger. Referee Mike Riley - pathetic. Missed at least one blantant penalty, could have given three.

Thats pretty much all that needs to be said about this game. Great assessment and a superb positive performance. This is the United we know and love.
A great team performance-Rio, Pique, Evra, OShea and Scholes also deserve a mention for great performances. Couldnt be happier :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
I think Scholes had at least 100 touches on the ball.

We're back. Our boys are back. Look out league. The future is red!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Tevez was the main man.. when he came on against roma, he changed the play n we scored one.. he showed us the determination a player should have when he chased the ball around the pitch like terrier.. i am so glad that our 3 main forwards are now clicking well. Villa wont be as easy as wigan, but i'm expecting couple of goals from our boys.. hail red devils!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
Red Devil said:
Congrats to Anderson, played superbly, as did Simpson (lovely cross for Rooney's goal); Ronaldo, sharp and decisive - very few tricks, relying more on speed. Giggs, played something like we know he can but rarely produces. Tevez, always alive, full of running, covering miles of turf and nobody could hold him up front. Excellent game and my goal of the month!! Kusczak - hardly had anything to do but when he was called upon was there to stop and danger. Referee Mike Riley - pathetic. Missed at least one blantant penalty, could have given three.

Regarding the alleged incident involving Rooney. It was neither shown nor mentioned. So I cannot comment.

Code:
But both referees today, at United and at Villa, have been really bad. They have missed shedloads of incidents, diving, pushing, tripping. West Ham should have had a penalty. Have they changed the rules for referee's without us knowing:

Rule 1: Don't make a decision
Rule 2: Don't even think about a penalty
Rule 3: ignore blatant diving[/QUOTE
]
i agree, ever since mike reilly was accussed of always giving us pens he wont give us nothing, even he's five yards away and they are stone wall pens, prick
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,946 Posts
.....but why does nothing ever happen to these refs ?

Why is there nobody anyone can appeal to - to make sure they are under pressure to perform 'perfect'.

I say this.........

Managers have plenty hard time to keep their job. So much pressure for them and one day they might wake up and get phone call "sorry you're sacked now so you go ok".

So I think the main victim of bad decisions is managers.

They should 'rate' referees after every game with a little report too.

Then these 'ratings can be held by FA and if the referee's rating falls below a certain level no more can they do this job !!!!

And it is the managers who have the power over who makes decisions over results and their own future and job security !!

Good yes ?
 

·
Smeghead Moderator
Joined
·
13,664 Posts
mulletsneverdie said:
only wonderin, as you is goin to the game, are you takin a flag? you should, not meanin to be a nag but old trafford has been fantastic of late and a dip in form from the supporters could prove to be a catalyst for a lack in consistency from the players in a season which is harder than a brazil nut eatin squirrel, mon united.
I was sat next to a group of Irish girls and although most of them cheered the goals and occasionally joined in the chants the one sat next to me didn't move or say a word throughout the entire game.

Bearing in mind that I bought my ticket on the Ticket Exchange service from a section reserved for season ticket holders the Irish girl was either a season ticket holder (which seems extremely unlikely) or had forked out £55 (that's what I paid anyway) for a ticket for a game she had absolutely no interest in.

Also, there was a mother sat behind me with her young son and the son asked where we had bought Anderson from and the mother replied that she didn't know so I turned round and said Porto. The worried look of shock on her face that I had dared to turn round and utter a single word to her son unnerved me.

I don't mind admitting that I like to have a few beers before the game and get really involved with the chants/swear at the ref/shouting random 'Come on United' 's etc but I am noticing more and more that the people around me look at me as if I am spoiling their day out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
reddwarf said:
so I turned round and said Porto. The worried look of shock on her face that I had dared to turn round and utter a single word to her son unnerved me

I don't mind admitting that I like to have a few beers before the game and get really involved with the chants/swear at the ref/shouting random 'Come on United' 's etc but I am noticing more and more that the people around me look at me as if I am spoiling their day out!
She sounds American by that comment :p

To me, it's fans like you in the stadium that get things pumping. Everyone should be yelling the chants, waving their support items (flag, scarf, etc.), and cheering the team on. That's what a fan does :D

P.s. Oh! Carly! I agree 100% on your theory. We should sign a petition and send it up the ladder :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
.....but why does nothing ever happen to these refs ?

Why is there nobody anyone can appeal to - to make sure they are under pressure to perform 'perfect'.

I say this.........

Managers have plenty hard time to keep their job. So much pressure for them and one day they might wake up and get phone call "sorry you're sacked now so you go ok".

So I think the main victim of bad decisions is managers.

They should 'rate' referees after every game with a little report too.

Then these 'ratings can be held by FA and if the referee's rating falls below a certain level no more can they do this job !!!!

And it is the managers who have the power over who makes decisions over results and their own future and job security !!

Good yes ?
the refs have a guy at every game who marks there performance if they make bad decisions they are dropped to a lower league for a week

reddwarf said:
I was sat next to a group of Irish girls and although most of them cheered the goals and occasionally joined in the chants the one sat next to me didn't move or say a word throughout the entire game.

Bearing in mind that I bought my ticket on the Ticket Exchange service from a section reserved for season ticket holders the Irish girl was either a season ticket holder (which seems extremely unlikely) or had forked out £55 (that's what I paid anyway) for a ticket for a game she had absolutely no interest in.

Also, there was a mother sat behind me with her young son and the son asked where we had bought Anderson from and the mother replied that she didn't know so I turned round and said Porto. The worried look of shock on her face that I had dared to turn round and utter a single word to her son unnerved me.

I don't mind admitting that I like to have a few beers before the game and get really involved with the chants/swear at the ref/shouting random 'Come on United' 's etc but I am noticing more and more that the people around me look at me as if I am spoiling their day out!
i hear what your saying mate, old trafford is full of people nowadays on days out, they turn up with there megastores bags full to the brim taking pics of themselves in the ground, most dn't know what's going on out on the pitch, football has almost become to fashionable to the rich
 
61 - 70 of 70 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top