Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the only big advantage stevie g has is that without him and his goals the scousers would be nowehere, its like maradona and argentina 86- he is that important

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
The votes are in for this already arent they? Its tallied up in Jan or Feb with it totally ridiculous, but anyway.

for me its one of Vidic, Giggs, Ireland, Jagielka and Gerrard.

Im pretty sure Gerrard will be crowned players' player of the year but Vidic or Giggs will get the one voted for by the journo's etc..

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agree there Scott totally.

I really doubt it will be Ireland. The others have been too far ahead of him. He's been good but still a level below the likes of Vidic and Gerrard.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Dont forget Terry and Lampards name will get bandied about too but they have no chance. Vidic has to be the one, they should really be waiting until seasons end to give the awards.

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see they mentioned Ireland :D
I wont mention your hatred of him Dave :whistling:
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be nominated. He'll probably get the 'Young Player of The Year', if he qualifies. Certainly he doesn't deserve to deserve to be player of the year. No chance.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be nominated. He'll probably get the 'Young Player of The Year', if he qualifies. Certainly he doesn't deserve to deserve to be player of the year. No chance.
Maybe so, but he's not been far off. Up to January he was pretty immense. His form has trailed off more recently though. He has completely outshone Robinho and has easily been their star player this season.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
basically the way I see it, if United win then Vidic will get it, and if Liverpool win then Gerrard will get it. Both have been immense.

Z

·
0 Posts
I think I'm the only one who thinks Alonso has been better than Gerrard this season. :eek:

Carrick should have made the shortlist ahead of Giggs. As the article says, Giggs hasn't played enough to be truly deserving of the award and if he were to win it, it would be for reasons of sentimentality rather than merit.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I think I'm the only one who thinks Alonso has been better than Gerrard this season. :eek:

Carrick should have made the shortlist ahead of Giggs. As the article says, Giggs hasn't played enough to be truly deserving of the award and if he were to win it, it would be for reasons of sentimentality rather than merit.
Thats reason enough in my eyes. Even fans of other teams wouldnt begrudge him the honour, which he has deserved to win before.

Good shout with Alonso. He has been triffic this season. :(

Z

·
0 Posts
Thats reason enough in my eyes. Even fans of other teams wouldnt begrudge him the honour, which he has deserved to win before.

Good shout with Alonso. He has been triffic this season. :(
It would be a bit hollow though. He'll know himself that he hasn't been the best player in the league this season, so winning the award when he knows he doesn't deserve it would de-value it in my opinion.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
It would be a bit hollow though. He'll know himself that he hasn't been the best player in the league this season, so winning the award when he knows he doesn't deserve it would de-value it in my opinion.
Maybe so, but you cant deny that he deserves to be on the list. He has been out of this world this season.

Z

·
0 Posts
Maybe so, but you cant deny that he deserves to be on the list. He has been out of this world this season.
Personally I think his season has been over rated. There's only two or three games where he's been truly class and he's only started ten games all season. It would be nice for him to win it for old times sake, but I honestly don't think he's done enough.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Lampard deserves to be mentioned, he's been excellent this season.
It's a good thing for him that the votes are tallied in Jan/Feb.

Lampard has only scored 1 goal in his last 12 games - and that was the dodgy deflected goal in the last minute against Wigan that could have been given to Ballack. Prior to that he'd scored 6 in 7 games.

Wonder why he's had such a dry spell. :confused:

·
Banned
16,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's a good thing for him that the votes are tallied in Jan/Feb.

Lampard has only scored 1 goal in his last 12 games - and that was the dodgy deflected goal in the last minute against Wigan that could have been given to Ballack. Prior to that he'd scored 6 in 7 games.

Wonder why he's had such a dry spell. :confused:
He's still been assisting quite a bit. Maybe it's the return of Drogba? Happier to give him a pass than Anelka?;)

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
He's still been assisting quite a bit. Maybe it's the return of Drogba? Happier to give him a pass than Anelka?;)
He's nearly got an assist every game over the last 5 games :thumbsup:

Vidic deserves this, but when ever do people get what they deserve :fyou:
Gerrard will win this because he's and Anfield hero and he scores wonderful goals, thats life and its unfair.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts