Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you think certain players in the team have such a great understanding with another player that they work as a team and play better together, or when certain players work together do they work so well that it raises their game to another level.

example- bruce and pallister were great players, but probably wern't considered by many outside the club as world class, but together there was something magical and they worked so well as a team i'd say together for a few years they were in the top couple of defensive partnerships in the world.

same thing with arsenal, that great defence of the 90's individually only seaman and adams were top class but working as a unit and together dixon, winterburn and keown were a world class partnership.

can such partnetships make up for shortcomings and have we got good partnerships all over the pitch for us?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Think obviously at the back its Rio/Vida or Evans/either one of the others. Midfield for me is Carrick/Scholes.Upfront even though it doesnt work for a crazed reason is Rooney/Tevez,you cant deny they didnt work well!!!.As a general partnership in the team i think Rio & Wazza have a great understanding....

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
red dave said:
Bruce , Pallister , Parker and Irwin

What a defence would be easy the best still if they were young and fit.

yhyh love those guys.....think the fact they worked so well as a unite made then head and shoulders above anything else across europe in their prime.....big names are nothing if you can't play with the guy next to you

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
scottsati said:
yhyh love those guys.....think the fact they worked so well as a unite made then head and shoulders above anything else across europe in their prime.....big names are nothing if you can't play with the guy next to you

I think if it wasnt for the 3 overseas players rule that combination would of won the Champions league . It was because we had to leave one of our main players out like Schmichael in Barcelona that we struggled .

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
You need the 2 centre backs as a partnership, the right back and right winger as a partnership, the left winger n left back as a partnership, and the center mids as one and the strikers as one. We had all of them absolutely perfectly in the treble season.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
there is definitely some truth to this as some partnerships were definitely more than the sum of their parts.

Bruce + Pallister

Maldini + Nesta

Yorke + Cole = Calypso football

Vidic + Ferdinand (though Ferdinand needs Vidic more than vice versa)

Giggs + Cantona (trust me, those two could find each other blind-folded like haggler finds tramps)

Shearer & Sutton (who can forget the SAS partnership)

Shearer + Les Ferdinand was good too.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
think the best partnerships when a couple of players work on another level with eachother make great players look out of this world and its always good when you have a couple of sets of guys who for no reason just work in perfect harmony with eachother. sometimes its obvious patnerships such as players nect to each other on the field, other times its players sometimes on opposite sides of the park who for some reson can pick each other with passes from nowhere or make runs for eachother and the other intuitively knows where to put the ball/ make a run to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts