Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Dissapointment:

Young reserve guns...i was hoping they go a little further in the League Cup like Arsenal did with their youngsters..

Goalkeepers - None

Defenders - None

Midfielders - None

Strikers - Rooney: I was expecting an awsome season from the boy wonder...at least equal to his 20+ goals from last season..he went on that run in november and I was like YES!! but after that he hasn't scored consistently...30m striker and inconsistency is not what we want...im hoping for a better season next season from him...he gets and creates chances...he just has to take them more often

Saha: INJURIES!! He is one of my fav strikers and when on fit can score vs anyone!! I simply love him but the injuries are just too much

These are the 2 that really just did not live up to my expectations but besides that everyone in the squad has done a good job. I mean 1st in the EPL in the hardest season yet and Quarter Finals of the CL at this late stage of the season just says enough. We should be there in the FA Cup but I blame the ref for that, not the players. The defence has been solid. Rio and Vida have been excellent as per usual and evra has been awsome and Brown has done extremely well with the absence of Gary Neville. People like O'Shea, Pique, Simpson who have come in when needed did really well do so the defence has been great as long with all our keepers who perform well and consistantly.

The midfield has been very competitive and have created chances in every game. Anderson has been a great signing as well as Nani who has scored crackers as well as getting loads of assists in crucial games. Ronaldo's goal scoring stats speak for it self and our central midfield look much more solid than last year and can cope with injuries really well.

The striker department is where we need to improve. We miss a clinical finisher like Ruud and we need to buy one asap in the smmer. Tevez has been excellent and Rooney has done well BUT when 1 gets injured like vs Bolton and vs West Ham or vs Man City we cant seem to score enough and we seem to lose the game and we cant depend on Saha and remember we did have 4 strikers in 99. But overall, our squad has performed really well and I just hope they keep it up till the end of the season!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.