Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VDS - 7 Edwin did well tonight, made two great saves and caught the ball well on several occasions. His throwing was very good, but his kicking was poor.

Neville - 6 Gary looked quite fast tonight. Did well to get into good positions only to deliver a poor pass or cross.

Evans - 8 Probably rating him higher than he should be, but I can't help but be impressed. His positioning was spot on and he put in some good tackles, blocks and clearing headers. Great prospect and should be numero uno back up for the CB position.

Vidic - 7 Solid game, but not as impressive as Evans

O'Shea - 6 Decent game, but his touch is poorer than it used to be. Was dependable, but did not contribute a lot to the game. Provided an assist, but missed a header, which almost resulted in a goal.

Ronaldo - 7 I was impressed by Ronaldo up to the second goal. He stayed on his feet several times when he usually would have gone to ground, he passed the ball willingly and brought the ball forward at pace. However, after the second goal he reverted to his selfish ways and made less good decisions when distributing the all.

Anderson - 8 I was impressed by his work rate and how he hassled players right to the end. Great out let for both defensive and offensive players

Fletcher - 6 Decent game, but at times his passing put his team mates under pressure and was again dispossessed easily on a couple of occasions. Blazed the ball over the bar, which would have been easier to score.

Nani - 7 Had a good first half, but looked flat in the second half. His crossing was not as good as it was last season

Berbatov - 8 Was at the right place at the right time and did what he's supposed to do, which is to put the ball in the back of the net. Displayed great ball control at times and did well to keep the ball under pressure AND feed Ronaldo who curled the ball wide with his left foot.

Rooney - 9 Another great game for Rooney. Full of running, passing, pulling the defense apart and in general creating havoc. His goal was taken really well and oozed confidence.

Subs:
Tevez 7 - Provided an assist to Rooney, but curiously did not pass to Ronaldo, who was arguably in a better position with more time.

Brown 7 - Slotted in seamlessly and did the armband proud.

Park: N/A no on long enough

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Vds- 7- Made 2 great saves and commanded his area well, shouting till the very end.

Neville- 6- Got forward well but lacked the final ball.
Vidic- 7- dealt easily with everything not that there was much.
Evans-8- Very assured performance. Class act.
O'Shea-6.5Was decent. Stood in admirably as usual.

Ronaldo-6.5 Still getting his fitness back, nearly there.
Fletcher-6.5- Ran his heart out but lost the ball a few times.
Anderson-8- ran the show till the very very end.
Nani-7- Better first half with some great runs. Needs to hone his passing/shooting.

Berbatov-8- Class act. 2 more goals which is what we wanted from him.
Rooney-9- Motm again. the lad cant stop scoring. Love watching him play.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Van Der Sar: 7 Not too much to do as per usual, but had a good throw that led to a goal.

Neville: 6.5 Looked deadly on the overlap, but the final ball wasn't quite there.

Evans: 7.5 Pretty impressive from the youngster, cleared the trash and stayed in position

Vidic: 7 Can't honestly say I saw him do much in this game other than be his normal solid self.

O'Shea: 6 He had a few bad touches on the ball, and almost helped concede a goal.

Ronaldo: 6.5 Played like a more conventional wide man today, looked a bit frustrated too.

Fletcher: 5.5 Made bad passes, and silly fouls in key areas of the pitch when there was no need to. Didn't contribute anything to the attack.

Anderson: 8 Never stopped running and made a few great tackles, put one just over the bar as well.

Nani: 6.5 Nice mazy run in the first half, but more of the usual selfish frustrating stuff in the second half.

Berbatov: 8 Two goals, be it as it may that both of them were offside, but still two goals, and delivered the ball excellently.

Rooney: 9 This is the Rooney we all fell in love with all those years ago. :) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
marty davidson said:
Nani makes me so mad when he plays
and what has this got ot do with this thread? :rolleyes:
Go to the Nani thread if you want to slag him
and/or try and get some ratings down for this thread.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Vds- 7
Neville- 6
Vidic- 7
Evans-8
O'Shea-7

Ronaldo-7
Fletcher-6
Anderson-8
Nani-7

Berbatov-9
Rooney-8,5

Last 2 games I voted for Rooney for MOTM. But this time he had some bad passes before the 60th minute. I will give MOTM to Berbatov. 2 goals /after offsides , but his job is to score them and he made it/, some good passes. I didn't see wrong pass from him. He even helped defenders at 1-2 situations. So he definitely deserves to be MOTM.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Nani makes me so mad when he plays
ffs you're getting on my tits now. watch the game properly and learn the game of football.

Van Der Sar: 7 did well tonight, made two great saves and caught the ball well on several occasions. His throwing was very good, but his kicking was poor.

Neville: 6.5 Did well to get into good positions only to deliver a poor pass or cross.

Evans: 7 Not much to do, but was solid with no mistakes and composed.

Vidic: 7 Not much to do, but was solid with no mistakes and composed.

O'Shea: 6.5 a few dodgy moments, but overall a useful stand in.

Ronaldo: 6.5 I was impressed by Ronaldo up to the second goal. He stayed on his feet several times when he usually would have gone to ground, he passed the ball willingly and brought the ball forward at pace. However, after the second goal he reverted to his selfish ways and made less good decisions when distributing the all. Also, some v bad free kicks (apart from the one berba scored from obv) where he hit a 1 man wall in the midrift about 3 times

Fletcher: 5.5 Made bad passes, and silly fouls in key areas of the pitch when there was no need to. Didn't contribute anything to the attack. Showed WHY HE IS 5TH CHOICE AND NOT BETTER THAN HARGREAVES, all of the above and also the passes he did complete put his teammtes under undue pressure.

Anderson: 8 Never stopped running and made a few great tackles, put one just over the bar as well.

Nani: 7 Top drawer first half, one of if not the best player in the 1st half, was quieter in the 2nd but still outshone Ronaldo.

Berbatov: 8 Two goals, be it as it may that both of them were offside, but still two goals, and delivered the ball excellently.

Rooney: 8 Another brilliant performance, oozing with confidence and due to that, he's unstoppable right now.

Subs:
Tevez 7 - Provided an assist to Rooney, but curiously did not pass to Ronaldo, who would have scored.

Brown 7 - Slotted in seamlessly.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Der Sar: 7 Could have stayed at home. 1 good save.

Neville: 7 Was quite good, a few good passes and a few terrible crosses. I prefer Brown.

Evans: 7 Solid with no mistakes and composed. Looks the part.

Vidic: 7 Not much to do but stood firm.

O'Shea: 7 Got forward well, zidane turn and almost scored an og. set up our goal. i love him.

Ronaldo: 6 Why have Ronaldo and Rooney swapped bodies for this season. He may not be the main man much longer if this continues, was ok, poor attitude and was quiet enough.

Fletcher: 7- Very good yet again. Didn't stop running, protected the back 4 and with a bit more composure, he could have scored. He is better than Hargreaves.

Anderson: 8- The Andershow. Didn't stop running. Really strong and quick and very reliable.

Nani: 7 Was very good, better than previous weeks, linked up well caused all sorts of problems but poor shooting yet again.

Berbatov: 8 People say he's lazy. He's just a cool guy really. Doesn't need to move if he's putting the ball in the back of the net every game. Berbatouch.

Rooney: 9 Finally, he is hitting the form we all knew he had. Truly amazing and unstoppable when confidence is high. But it's always 8 games 8 goals then 8 games no goals with him let's hope he stays consistent.

Subs:
Tevez 7 - Provided an assist to Rooney, but curiously did not pass to Ronaldo, who would have scored.

Brown 7 - Slotted in seamlessly.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
VDS: Quiet game. He didn't really have to do much but whatever he had to do he did well. 6

Neville: Showed his experience well. Has proven that he is good enough to play for us again, but he lacks quality. 6

Evans: I thought he was very good. Showed great composure in tight situations and dealt with any trouble no problem. A future star. 8

Vidic: Not much I can say here tbh. Did well, never really toubled. 7

O'Shea: One of his better games tbh. Was good in offering support down the wing and showed a few nice tricks. Reminded me slightly of O'Shea 2003. 7

Nani: I actually thought this was one of his best games for us. He tore the LB a new one. If some of his crosses were a bit better then It would have been a masterclass IMO. I'm not his biggest fan, but after that perfromance I hope he starts in the next game. Reminded me of his perfromance vs Arsenal in the FA Cup. 8

Fletcher: At the start of the season I was calling for him to be sold, but after his last few perfomances I'm definately glad he's still with us. Passed well, tackled well, ran his arse off. Its gonna be interesting when Carrick comes back as I think Fletcher has earned the right to keep his place. 7.5

Anderson: A so-so perfomance. He never really showed us what he's about today as he didn't offer much creatively. He still woked very hard though. For some reason he hasn't been able to regain last season's early form. 6.5

Ronaldo: Did well. You can tell he's a class above though. He doesn't seem to try and take the world on anymore, which is a good thing. Acted like a pilock at the end though when he was subbed off. 7

Rooney: Brilliant. At the centre of every attack and was within inches a few times of producing some brilliant 1 - 2's with Berbatov. Should have scored 2 if it wasn't for a crappy linesman. MOTM 8.5

Berbatov: I actually thought he was brilliant aswell. His through balls are simply :eek: . Lucky to score two dubious goals but oh well, we'll take it. I've noticed that he has worked harder every match he's been with us and it was interesting in his interview he said he was lazy at Spurs, but he knows he can't afford to do that here. 8.

SUBS:

Tevez: Did well IMO and if the likes of Neville or Nani had the crossing boots on he would have surely got a goal or two. Showed the attitude I expect from a Manutd player who appears to be 'dropped' (not his fault) 7.

Brown: Not much to say. Came in, did well and its nice to see him given the captains armband when Gaz went off. 6.

Park: Typical Park for me. Lots of effort, but a definate lack of quality. Didn't really have enough time though. N/A.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
*points and laughs at the dumbass*
Whats the point of this post? Fletcher had a very good game considering this was champions league football and did a good job. Infact im not a fan at all of fletcher and even i was impressed by him.

As for the 'dumbass' comment, scott is actually a great member from the posts he usually makes.

pz

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
VDS - 7 Good commanding display, looking good now again

Neville -6.5, did not have much to do really considering we had most the ball but when in good attacking positions, wasted the ball.

Evans - 7.5 Highly impressed with this performance from the kid

Vidic - 8 Looked very classy and made sure evans fitted in without problems, starting to become a leader in the back 4 with rio

O shea 7 - Was very impressed with him for a fill in performance! His turn on aiden was great! haha

Ronaldo 7 - Getting better, looked much sharper than he did against WBA and seems to be running abit smoother with the ball and seemed to try more of his stuff today. Still not fully at the races yet and his run are still not all there. As for the selfish talk, i dont see it, he seems more intent on setting up others more than he ever has this season...has he lost his hunger for the premier league?? He has achieved everything in this league..

Fletcher...7.5 Was very impressed to be honest, kept things ticking and looked like he was settled for once and did a good job, suprised to be honest!

Anderson 8 - I love watching him play in midfield and whats annoying and great at the same time is that he has soo much more to offer us, amazing huh...was very mature, very tidy and can be better offensively yet.

Nani - 7 Very good performance by the winger, got some good balls in, got past players, was tidy in general and creative and kept running...people may complain like he had no end product but if he continues like this, there will be in other matches...i thought he was good, gifted kid.

Berbatov - 7.5...started off very bright with ronaldo and then went quiet but go two poachers goals, looked exhausted but still got two goals, no complaints.

Rooney - 8.5 Very impressive again, didnt really get going till he got his goal but after that it was like he was on fire, very good. MOM

pz

·
Registered
35 Posts
VDS - 7
Neville - 6
Evans - 7
Vidic - 7.5
O'shea - 7
Ronaldo - 7.5
Anderson - 8
Fletcher - 7
Nani - 7
Rooney - 9
Berbatov - 8

Far from our best and we still flattened the opponent. Considering many key players were out, we still performed more than reasonably.

I was just frustrated at times because we wasted wonderful chances. The balls were not being delivered into the box properly from Nani, Neville and Ronaldo sometimes. Last season we would capitalize on our chances so well and just dominate games from start to finish. This game was more like that but there is still mroe work to do to get to our best and go back to back. We will get there!

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
osmank_1991 said:
VDS - 7
Neville - 6
Evans - 7
Vidic - 7.5
O'shea - 7
Ronaldo - 7.5
Anderson - 8
Fletcher - 7
Nani - 7
Rooney - 9
Berbatov - 8

Far from our best and we still flattened the opponent. Considering many key players were out, we still performed more than reasonably.

I was just frustrated at times because we wasted wonderful chances. The balls were not being delivered into the box properly from Nani, Neville and Ronaldo sometimes. Last season we would capitalize on our chances so well and just dominate games from start to finish. This game was more like that but there is still mroe work to do to get to our best and go back to back. We will get there!
How you gave Evans less than Vidic i have no idea

VDS - 7 Nothing to do second half, good save from Calderwood
Neville - 6.5 Looked off the pace, end product lacking
Evans - 9 Rio who? Calm and composed and pretty skillful ****STAR MAN****
Vidic - 7.5 Messed a couple of clearances, but solid
O'shea - 7.5 One good turn on McGeady, rest was steady
Ronaldo - 7.5 Didn't seem focused at all, still caused a few problems, poor free-kicks
Anderson - 8.5 Running riot, picking up what Fletcher missed
Fletcher - 6.5 Another subpar showing, missed a clear chance and was poor all around
Nani - 8 Definitely a better performance from him, caused a lot of problems
Rooney - 9 Workhorse as usual, unlucky not to have had more goals
Berbatov - 8.5 Great first touch, immense passing and Ruud-like poaching

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
christianoharleiro said:
*points and laughs at the dumbass*
Lets see, for yours you gave the exact same review for Vidic and Evans, you just copied and pasted it, nice observational skills you have there, way to go in-depth...

Whos the true dumbass?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Van Der Sar 8 : Great few saves looked solid

Neville 7 : Did great defensively and was ok at attacking as his crosses weren't good enough

Evans 8 What a talent he is great great performance

Vidic 8 : Rock Solid Tough no any word couldn't describe VIDA !!!

O'Shea 7,5 : Made a mistake but he already made up for it with the great performance he had and he made an assist

Ronaldo 6,5 : He had a glum look and he wasn't playing with passion he was just doing a job that he don't like, sell him

Fletcher 7 : Ran his heart out covered the field and he could have scored great performance

Anderson 7,5 Did it Professionally attacked defended ran everywhere, good performance but that best Anderson could do tho, maybe he was tired from the national duty

Nani 7,5
: What a great first half :eek: Ran everywhere with his dazzling pace and awesome dribbling skills had few great crosses and impressed me allot , poor second half tho

Rooney 9 : Need to say more, ran everywhere passed crossed and made a great threat on goal as everytime he had the ball in the area you would see most of the Celtic players gathering around him ROONEY our best player without a doubt

Berbatov 8 : Scored two lucky goals, the first goal was an offside and the second was a lucky rebound but he deserve some credit as he ran more than he did in his hall life

Tevez 7,5 : Was very lively and i ****en loved when he passed the ball for Rooney instead of Ronaldo, gotta love you Carlitos

Brown 7 : Great performance

Park 6,5 : Not enough time to judge but he ran his heart out ! :)

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
NoxiousD said:
Did you honestly just suggest we sell Ronaldo off of the back of one performance?
no its a bit of a joke
he performed decently but he looked that he don't want to play

imo he needs a hair-dry treatment :rolleyes:

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Whats the point of this post? Fletcher had a very good game considering this was champions league football and did a good job. Infact im not a fan at all of fletcher and even i was impressed by him.

As for the 'dumbass' comment, scott is actually a great member from the posts he usually makes.
No he didn't. Fletcher was our worst player last night. Yeah, scott's a great member - apparently Fletcher is better than Hargreaves.

Lets see, for yours you gave the exact same review for Vidic and Evans, you just copied and pasted it, nice observational skills you have there, way to go in-depth...

Whos the true dumbass?
ObnoxiousD,
Because they were both equal, but as usual Vidic gets undersung and the promising youngster gets overhyped and gets a ****ing 9 for just an average, untested performance.

OMG A YOUNGSTER PLAYING, LETS GIVE HIM A 9 BECAUSE HE DIDN'T MAKE A MISTAKE! oh wait, he didn't do much either.

Also, I see in the poll for MOTM you voted for Evans, now who's the dumbass? that or you're just stupidly biased/typical hop on the bandwagon fan.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts